New Users post here first

Time sensitive announcements and any discussion that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: New Users post here first

Postby makemerry » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:49 pm

I'm new -- impressed and intrigued by the great reviews of Wishcraft -- and looking to find out if there is a significant variance between the different editions before I buy a copy at my local used bookstore. Also wondering what related recordings are available and if they cover different material than the book. Thanks!
makemerry
New User
New User

Postby Marina Kingston » Thu May 17, 2018 11:55 am

And I only have one question (at the moment) - how quickly can I get answers to my questions asked in this forum? The silence frightens.
Marina Kingston
New Poster
New Poster

Postby alexg » Thu May 17, 2018 12:29 pm

This quickly.
alexg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby skewed » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:16 pm

New User here. It seems these boards are not used much now. Any way, can anyone tell me how to sign up for the next book club? I can't find any reference to it on the website.
skewed
New User
New User

Postby Tituba » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:41 am

This is a better resource

http://barbarasclub.com/
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby k8k8 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:19 am

hi
k8k8
New Poster
New Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Welcome k8k8!
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby k8k8 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:42 am

Thank you squarepeg.

I actually have joined here before, and posted in this thread before, both of which I forgot until I went to ask the same question I had all those years ago, and searched to make sure no one else had asked it, and found that I had asked it, under a different username. :bash:

This place is looking kind of quiet nowadays. Especially the scanner forum.

Are we the only ones here? *echos through cavernous empty forum halls* are we the only ones here? are we the only ones here? are we the only ones here? are we the only ones here?
k8k8
New Poster
New Poster

Hi K8k8

Postby Lynx » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:19 am

Nope. You've found a couple of folks on the daily stepping forum.

The general lack of engagement sometimes happens when a founder retires. How are the rest of us going to step up?

The answers are in our mirrors,
Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:44 am

I never really retired. It's just that I stopped getting notifications -- or there were very few discussions going on to be notified about.

Also, I open a bunch of Facebook groups - mostly for Scanners, though I started one I like very much called "The Resistance Whisperer" and during the years I did coaching classes, Facebook groups turned out to be very useful for the classes.

But I've been part of the Facebook discussions for some time now and they lack the continuity we have here. I like this bulletin board very much!

So, I now seem to be getting notified when you leave a comment or reply to one, and that's always what brings me back. Head in and get some conversations going. If I'm notified, I always come over and talk, and I'd really love to do that!

My 'retirement' is actually for doing trainings and live workshops, but not for anything we can do at the keyboard. Unlike some, I love to write and read what you've written.

Let's see if we can bring this bulletin board to life again!
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:05 am

Oh, yay, Barbara!

I love the Boards, and if there's anything I can do to attract people, I'll do it.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion