How to save 50% off everything you buy!

Time sensitive announcements and any discussion that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: How to save 50% off everything you buy!

Postby Lynx » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:50 am

Hi K8k8,

Yup. When I was a kid you could collect whole sheets of them to redeem for 'valuable prizes.' One was green (S & H) one yellow. You got so many with your grocery purchases 'for free.'

Remember pasting them into books. Best was a whole sheet that you pasted down at once. Fifty stamps to a sheet, 1200 to a book. Worst was the last sheets where you had short strings and singles to get in place. Never could align them all just right.

Related to VOIP: found a post I wrote in 2012 where I calculated it would save us $300/yr.

viewtopic.php?p=248690#p248690

Then a few days later, I posted that our local phone company boosted our rates because we no longer had a land line. Back to even. How did they get to set all the rules?

Sigh.

L
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:47 am

I tried to cut the cord and only pay for internet. What I found was not only did the cable company slow down my speed so the TV shows kept buffering, but they kept raising the minimum charge for just internet until it was very close to one of their packages. I ended up going back to them.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:48 pm

Tituba wrote:I tried to cut the cord and only pay for internet. What I found was not only did the cable company slow down my speed so the TV shows kept buffering, but they kept raising the minimum charge for just internet until it was very close to one of their packages. I ended up going back to them.

I did "cut the cord" but I didn't have cable so there wasn't a problem with the cable company (since I didn't have cable). I just continued to pay for the internet connection I had.

I have been frustrated with understanding how to get certain things on the TV. That's probably me being a non-tech person. Sometimes I get frustrated and think I should just get cable. Then I think I should just keep working on learning how to get what I want on the TV. Supposedly, I'm supposed to be able to get apps for ABC, CBS, etc. but haven't figured that out.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion