New Users post here first

Time sensitive announcements and any discussion that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

New Users post here first

Postby merk » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:33 am

Hello, if you are new to the board you will be unable to make any new topics until you have replied at least once to an existing topic. If there is a topic on the board you want to reply to, please go ahead and then you'll be able to start your own topics. Or you can reply to this topic with a brief introduction.
My Blog http://blog.imerk.com
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tigger Waves!

Postby TiggerTammy123 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:38 pm

Hi, I'm a newbie. Tigger has lost her bounce, she can't even bounce on the bed because it hurts. She's a lonely, depressed, sad Tigger. So my friend An8el told me that I could sign up here...and get some support for doing some different stuff. I'm going to look around - thanks for having me!
TiggerTammy123
New User
New User

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:02 am

I'm a newbie and just rewrote what had put down. I had been complaining about job and not having enough time and procrastination, but decided those were things I have to take responsibility for and change---thanks Barbara. I love being a scanner. I have over the years felt so sorry for people who have 1 job for 20 years, same oh same oh and glad I did it my way. True, there were some things I wish I had done different, like travel more and not work so much. More family and not work so much. I joined Red Hat Society as like their spirit but did not like having to dress up, just like the attitude I guess. Reading the book and the groups realize one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is the desire for freedom and not be stuck in a rut. My problem is wonderlust and have trained my car to go automatically on some very interesting roads. With my type of work that wonderlust is OK, as can move wherever there is a telephone or internet connection and work. Medical Transcription can be a good job for a scanner but do not listen to the ads you see, its not that easy unless you're doing doctor's visits in his clinic and that's not really hard. Want to learn more about a scanner. I'm soon ready to retire and wonder if had known this before, what would I have done......but on the bright side, I now have the chance of creating my life anew and it won't be sitting at home (unless I'm painting) or planning on something to do. I normally do not do a lot of talking and here I am talking away. Again, Barbara thanks for giving us all help on understanding ourselves and now we can work with our types.
GypsyLady
New User
New User

Thanks for letting me join

Postby bmitrovitch » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:34 pm

I first read wish craft in 98 in one heck of a life transformation. I just kept following the book and keeping momentum and although it took a while, I got to a great place with my work because of it. I am very glad to be here in this forum. Boro
bmitrovitch
New User
New User

new to this site

Postby bluerose » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:55 am

Hello, I think I posted a private message to myself instead of posting to this site. Still learning. Bluerose
bluerose
New User
New User

Postby superduperscanner » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:19 pm

Hi, I am not really new to the boards, but its been a while and I forgot my user name! I am wondering if I can post that a workshop on cd's that people might be interested is on ebay. If this is not ok, please take off my post and i apologize. I looked though the rules and couldn't see anything that spoke about that. Thanks. ADMINISTRATOR - No, posting things for sale is not allowed on this board
superduperscanner
New User
New User

New to the boards

Postby Dave C » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:24 pm

Hi, My name is Dave and I'm from Maine. I bought Barbara's tape program Dare To Live Your Dream a few years ago. Didn't get past tape 2. Recently bought her book Refuse To Choose. Didn't get far, there, either. This is what my separate post will be about. Dave from Maine
Dave C
New Poster
New Poster

Happy to be here

Postby kinkachoo » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:31 pm

I am a newbie to the boards. I watched Barbara's PBS Special and wanted to go to her seminar but couldn't afford it so I did ask for any Barbara book for my Birthday and got 2 :D. Now I am half way through I can do anything. I still havent figured out what it ! is but at least I am working toward knowing. Jax
kinkachoo
New User
New User

Postby Gemhiker » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:53 pm

Yet another wonderful Barbara Sher Book, \"Refuse to Choose.\" I've read it, and now I have to go back and treat it like a work book. I'm so excited: it seems like the book was written just for me. I'm lurking the forum a lot, and I hope I post correctly. I'm a happy scanner.
Gemhiker
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

new journey

Postby nakupenda » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:57 am

half way to the book refuse to choose and yes I am exited about the new life but still have lots to think about....scary!!! but fascinating!! I cannot believe we spend so much time taking care of the body and not the mind.
nakupenda
New User
New User

Forum Virgin!

Postby shapshiftr » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:13 am

hi, i am not only a first time Barbara Sher Forums user, i have never posted anything anywhere on the net. there are a lot of terms and general jargon that i'm just not familiar with, so i hope i'm doing this correctly. i've been lurking here on and off for a couple years and have learned to really love this community and all of you who make it possible. i've sent countless people to this incredibly unique and valuable resource over the last 2 years -- you guys freakin rock!! i tend to like to gather info and then take it back to my \"cave\" where i can be alone and absorb it. i now believe i need to make a few changes in that strategy and have developed what i call a \"Living Out Loud\" plan for the next phase of my life. this little post is actually a big step for me! so i hope you'll all feel free to make as much noise as you like, now that i've let you into my cave! party down!
shapshiftr
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Gemhiker » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:54 pm

Shapshifter -What a great name for this forum! I can't fill in my profile and felt stupid. I'm glad I'm not the only Queenlurker to get off the throne. Nakupenda -you sound like a deep thinker, please keep me from getting too silly in front of uh . . . how many people?
Gemhiker
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby shapshiftr » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:35 am

Gemhiker - thanks for the hello!! i want to be the first to welcome you, (even tho i'm a newbie too)! i think one of the reasons this is such a georgeous and amazing resource of people and ideas is because from day one, Barbara and the veteran posters have encouraged everyone to make it their own and not be afraid to really show who they are i could tell that even from lurking all this time! i say - whaddya mean, you don't wanna look silly? i can't think of a better place to take that chance! these are some of the most supportive people on the internet. come on........... take a chance! you know you want to! see ya on the boards - i'll be hoping for at least a little silliness! shapshiftr
shapshiftr
New Poster
New Poster

Postby shapshiftr » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:35 am

Gemhiker - thanks for the hello!! i want to be the first to welcome you, (even tho i'm a newbie too)! i think one of the reasons this is such a georgeous and amazing resource of people and ideas is because from day one, Barbara and the veteran posters have encouraged everyone to make it their own and not be afraid to really show who they are i could tell that even from lurking all this time! i say - whaddya mean, you don't wanna look silly? i can't think of a better place to take that chance! these are some of the most supportive people on the internet. come on........... take a chance! you know you want to! see ya on the boards - i'll be hoping for at least a little silliness! shapshiftr
shapshiftr
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Gemhiker » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:57 pm

Thanks! A \"cave\" . . . you've inspired me. I don't have a cave, but being a scanner -of course I've hiked them, and I have books on them. I think I will make a cave for all of my scanner pursuits. Uh, I hope the garage will do. Is your \"Living Out Loud\" plan for communicating more or something? I am curious. I know Barbara's books well, but I am new to her forum. cheers, Gemhiker
Gemhiker
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Next

Return to General Discussion