New Users post here first

Time sensitive announcements and any discussion that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: New Users post here first

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:27 pm

Hi Tim,

Best wishes with finding a success team close to where you live. If you don't find one, maybe you can start one on your own. Somewhere, in one of Barbara's books, she gives guidelines for starting one. I'll check through my books and see if I can find where she discusses it. If anyone here on the boards knows which book it's in, please let Tim know.

In the meantime, please feel free to join the Boards here. If you don't want to post, you can scan through and perhaps find some additional info that might help you.

Welcome!

Inspire Success
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Jennifer623 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:28 pm

Hello. I am just starting to learn about my scanner self. I recently finished Refuse to Choose. Now, I am trying to get started!
Jennifer623
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:50 pm

Welcome! Good for you for finishing Refuse to Choose.

Where do you want to go now? What would you like to do? How can we help you?

Inspire
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Propella » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:16 am

Dear Readers,

i do wish i had come across your work, Barbara Sher, a bit earlier in my life. But at least, and at last, i was guided here. I am very excited about it, because through and through my substance, it feels like something of great value has entered my life. Things might now be able to develop in a fashion i did not expect.

At present I am in the process of clearing the house i have lived in for many years. Just this morning, I came across a notepad that i had scribbled into in 1994. There is a page where i lament my many ideas once born with enthusiasm, which then were, over time, just fading away. Unappreciated and not taken anywhere, they lost their power one after the other. I read that i had used the term nonswimmer, describing myself to a friend: not being able to support myself properly and stay afloat the waters of life, even though being rather busy, and feeling energetic and resourceful most of the time.
Now that I found that I am a scanner, and one of many, and that there is hope and help, i deem it likely to become a swimmer finally!

Yesterday, my project book has arrived in the mail, and I worte my first entry this morning. It feels good! There is solace, there is a promising taste of the future, there is self-appreciation and joy running through my veins. I am very curious about what is going to happen. I am looking forward to getting to know some of you, and getting into a wonderful exchange.

I will be part of the write-speak experience 2016, and I wish to become a Success Team Leader (in Germany).

Thank you very much Barbara, for putting yourself out there with your treasure. Thank you forum team.
Best wishes everyone,
Propella
Propella
New User
New User

Postby SquarePeg » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:45 pm

Welcome, Propella! Maybe eventually you'll find out that you're not only a swimmer but a "deep diver" as well. :) That's a little Barbara Sher humor. A Deep Diver is a type scanner.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:17 pm

SquarePeg,

I thought Divers were different from Scanners. I'm a diver. I have no interest or ability to do more than one thing at once. That seems to always be the case with scanners.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:59 pm

Hi, Propella,

Welcome.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Erwin G » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:30 pm

Hello,
I am new to the forum here. I have recently come across Barbara Sher due to a German translation of her book that I found in a book store "I could do anything if I only knew what it was". That book "spoke" to me directly. I was puzzled and amazed when I found out that Barbara's books have been out for so long! Where have I been? Why did not anybody tell me?

Since 2012 I am on the search for my "thing". Changing jobs yearly, once I even changed jobs 3 times in one year! Going to courses and seminars has brought me knowledge, but I still do not know what I want and what my passion is. But her books seem to ask exactly the right questions. They give me structure and a step by step guide for the way ahead. I guess the last thing I know need is a supportive culture of like minded people that help each other. I am glad to have come across this page and Barbara's teachings.

I am looking forward for my own transformation from the inside out.
Erwin G
New Poster
New Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:09 pm

Hello Erwin,

Welcome to the Boards! I'm glad you've found us! Congrats on discovering Barbara's books. They have affected all of us here in a very positive way.

To connect with the threads that are active, go the the Board Index/Forums and click on Active Topics. These are the threads that are most active right now. If you scan down through the entire boards and see a topic that interests you, by all means, post there. It will pull that thread back up to the active status. Also, feel free to start your own thread with a title you think will express your particular interests.

Reading your post, I think you're closer to knowing what you want to do than you may think. B. Sher's books will definitely help you to discover all kinds of things that you knew about yourself deep down, but couldn't bring to the surface. Plus, you will probably find new things about yourself that you never knew.

I'm glad you've joined us. Good luck with your unfolding "transformation". We are here to support you in any way we can.

Inspire Success
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Posting

Postby Erwin G » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:22 pm

Hello,
How do I reply to posts? Do I have to click on quote in the upper right corner?
I also found a reply button, but by clicking on it I wouldn't know which post I am replying to.

I still have to learn the mechanics.

Thanks for the feedback so far. I really enjoy reading other peoples posts. Some people seem to think exactly like me, I can totally relate to it. Others inspire me with their stories they share. I also like the knowledge sharing, that is lovely. I will keep on reading posts before I start with my own subject. That is because I want to become clear on what I am actually after :)
Erwin G
New Poster
New Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi Erwin,

To reply to a post, click on the "Post a Reply" on the left side of the screen above what you're reading. When you read this, look up and to the left and you'll see it.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Posting

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:51 pm

Erwin G wrote:Hello,
How do I reply to posts? Do I have to click on quote in the upper right corner?
I also found a reply button, but by clicking on it I wouldn't know which post I am replying to.

Erwin,

Here's how I got that quote to come up. I clicked on the "Quote" button to the right of your post. Once your post came up, I deleted what I wanted to delete and just left the above portion. Now I'm writing in response to your quote.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:55 pm

When you click on "post a reply" you're replying to the latest post.

If you want to reply to a post that isn't the most recent, then yes, you have to press "Quote" and then add your reply just like I showed you below when I quoted you. Fool around with it and practice. If I'm not clear, let me know and I'll try again.

Inspire Success
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Erwin G » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:57 am

inspiresuccess wrote:When you click on "post a reply" you're replying to the latest post.

If you want to reply to a post that isn't the most recent, then yes, you have to press "Quote" and then add your reply just like I showed you below when I quoted you. Fool around with it and practice. If I'm not clear, let me know and I'll try again.

Now I am trying to replay to this particular post by clicking on quote. Let's see what happens.
I got it :)

It is important to leave the first line and the last line of the post I want to quote
[quote="inspiresuccess"] (start with this line)

Then copy the text you want to quote and finish with /quote, which you place in square brackets []
Last edited by Erwin G on Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Erwin G
New Poster
New Poster

Re: New to the boards

Postby Erwin G » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:05 am

Dave C wrote:Hi, My name is Dave and I'm from Maine. I bought Barbara's tape program Dare To Live Your Dream a few years ago. Didn't get past tape 2. Recently bought her book Refuse To Choose. Didn't get far, there, either. This is what my separate post will be about. Dave from Maine

Hi Dave
I am new to the board as well. I can relate to your post. When I read a book or listen to a tape I am so excited about the knowledge, tools and techniques. When I start to implement things or do the exercises however, I soon lose interest. I feel that I do not have an overview over what I am doing, or I am uncertain if I am doing things right. Then the task feels more complicated than I initially had thought, it becomes overwhelming and I stop.
I guess we all have our unique breakers. I hope to find more clarity and a way to overcome those with help from people in this forum.

I wish you well Dave. I hope that we both get past our obstacles to get the life we anticipate.
Erwin G
New Poster
New Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion