New Users post here first

Time sensitive announcements and any discussion that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: New Users post here first

Postby Erwin G » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:23 am

durentu wrote:Hello, I'm new to the group.

Life up to this point felt as if I was putting together a jig saw puzzle. Two pieces would fit, but then other pieces would not. Finally, I realized that this puzzle was in fact a 3D puzzle, and now makes much more sense and the piece fit better.

I would pour through all the literature about productivity, spirituality, value systems, skills inventories etc and it just wouldn't make sense in the end. This is because the world assumes for us a static linear framework.

Perhaps finally, I can stop reading everything to figure out what's wrong, and start reading everything to move forward.

WOW, what a great realisation!
After I read two of Barbara's books I have come to the same conclusion. All the tings I had done so far were good, but I did not really make so much progress, in a way the individual topics and interests were very interesting and inspirational to me. However they did not create the bigger picture as a whole. With Barbara's work however I feel for the first time that I am REALLY making progress and leap forward. There is still one ingredient missing for me and I have not quite figured out what it is.
Erwin G
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:17 pm

Hi, Erwin,

welcome.

I wish I'd done what you did. I stuck with a job I didn't like for 15 years just because I was too afraid to leave it. If I had it to do over again, I'd have changed jobs more often. You know a lot about what's out there - what you like to do, what you don't like, stuff you have to put up with, and stuff that you don't. it's all great information.

My 2 cents worth: Don't worry too much about doing things wrong. (Unless you're doing your taxes, or performing brain surgery, or something like that.) Barbara's exercises are there to make you think. If you don't like something you wrote, no one will see it but you. And changing your mind is always an option.

Likewise, with posting on the boards, post whatever you feel comfortable sharing. The only cautions I can think of are - don't offend people, and know that anyone can read your post, so don't post information you don't want available to the whole world.

That said, I hope you enjoy the Boards.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby reginamirus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:59 pm

New user here. Hello!

I have so many things bouncing around in my head right now. Suffice to say that Barbara's message has given me a new lease on life. And at 48, well...it's about time. :)
reginamirus
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi, Reginamirus and welcome. Any ideas you want to tell us about?
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby reginamirus » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:09 am

Haha! Lots. I don't know where to start.

I've been through a rough patch recently, and been doing alot of soul searching (caught Barbara's TED talk on Youtube). For years I really believed that something was wrong with me. Now I understand thoroughly that I've just been misdiagnosed for years. I did an exercise that was eye opening, it was simply called "obituary". It's given me some parameters from which to work backward. Here's what I wrote:

Regina, 97, passed away peacefully in her sleep on Aug 9th, 2065. She was much loved by family and friends, and survived by her children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews. She was the President and founder of “Sustainable Families”, a local grassroots organization that teaches individuals how to live a vibrant, sustainable life that’s in harmony with themselves, each other, their families, their community and nature. She dearly loved crafting, woodworking, stained glass, gardening, food preservation and teaching others how to stay connected to themselves and others, and to follow their passions. Best selling author, she was also an accomplished writer, and published many books, articles and blogs about ancestry, gardening, seed-saving, and environmental and community responsibility. Her website, "Self-Sustaining Family and Community" is still a valued resource, free and available to all. Her family-owned sustainability business was also wildly successful, and many of her personal wood and glass works are currently on display in museums and private collections worldwide. She never wanted for anything, and lived a full, independent, heart-filled life by helping others and staying engaged and involved with the people who mattered to her the most.

The family asks that in lieu of flowers, to please make a donation of time or funds to “Sustainable Families”, so that her message of peace, self-sustainability, family and community can continue to live on in her honor.
reginamirus
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:35 am

Love your message, Reginamirus. I'm finding a lot of people trying to live their lives in harmony with the rest of the world. Many have posted on these boards, and on Barbara's Club Hanging Out.

Just took a step towards sustainability - bought solar panels.

Good wishes.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby reginamirus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:49 pm

Fantastic! Solar panels...I'd love to get to that point myself, someday! :wink:
reginamirus
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Hello !

Postby Fotografa » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:21 am

Hello, I'm first time posting in this forum and hoping to find some nice interesting people around here.
I just read Wishcraft and I would like to follow up with a success team/ buddy system.

Barbara inspired me and I would very much like to meet her personally one day.

For now I'll read some postings around to see what's the spirit.
Greeting to you all!
Fotografa
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi, Fotographia,

Are you by any chance interested in photography.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Fotografa » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:55 pm

Elaine Glimme wrote:Hi, Fotographia,

Are you by any chance interested in photography.

Hello Elaine, Yes, I'm a photographer/videographer.

I saw your webite and I appreciate your work. I also wish to write a book "some day". :)
Cheers to that :D
Fotografa
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:29 am

Fotografa, I like your website. (Sorry I misspelled your log on name.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Fotografa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:40 am

Elaine Glimme wrote:Fotografa, I like your website. (Sorry I misspelled your log on name.

Thank you for visiting :)
Fotografa
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby virgiliommilano » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:52 am

Greetings everyone, new user on board.
virgiliommilano
New User
New User

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:07 am

virgiliommilano wrote:Greetings everyone, new user on board.

Welcome to the Boards. Feel free to browse and respond. Some threads are inactive, but respond if you like. It will bring them into active status again. If you'd like to see what is currently active, look for the "active" list at the top of the board index. (If you can't find that let me know and I'll be more clear).

Do you have a wish and obstacle that you would like us to help you with? What are your goals and dreams? What brought you to the Boards? Which of Barbara Sher's books have you read?

Again, welcome, and I hope you find what you need here. We'd be happy to help. :D

Inspire Success
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:13 am

Hi, Virginiommilano!
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext