Silly Self-Reward System

Time sensitive announcements and any discussion that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby GiniDee » Sat May 29, 2004 8:09 pm

Yeah, Jez - So exactly what IS the next step? 8) Please keep us posted! Many hugs -
GiniDee :mrgreen: My idea of a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. :mrgreen: GiniDee :mrgreen:
GiniDee
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby dream1 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:38 am

Hi Everyone, What great ideas are being generated here! Jez, thank you so much for the inspiration. You reminded me of something that my husband and I used to do to motivate our son. A couple of years ago, he had a tutor whom he adored. She suggested to use a "credit card system" to motivate PT. She devised a simplistic idea of using a file folder insert that inside of it was stapled a piece of looseleaf paper. On that looseleaf paper we would write out PT's goals: For example: 50 happy faces would be equivalent to a special outing 100 happy faces would be to.... Each time, he would do something that warranted recognition, he would get a happy face. This was also shared with his teachers. They were happy to oblige. There was such a great integration of all efforts at that time. This idea really took off and motivated him. Great ideas, everyone. I'm going to go back to this system. It really works for visually oriented people. I love the foot sticker idea. It is great. I'm going to go out and buy some feet stickers. Got to motivate that exercise. Thanks, Andrea
dream1
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby LittleTigger » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:25 am

Just wanted to let all know that the new Currents Inc. catalog has a tremendous selection of stickers, most on sale. Really cute stuff!
LittleTigger
LittleTigger
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby jellybean » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:41 pm

I have been lurking and I registered tonight. I love this idea, and I bought a calender on clearance for about 50 cents, since the year is half over. I also bought some stickers from dollar tree and someone gave me some stickers when I talked about this idea. I am so excited to start using this system to help motivate me. Thanks everyone for this wonderful idea.
jellybean
New User
New User

Postby Sprout'n up » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:47 am

Wow, has THIS turned into a monster thread!!! I just wanted to tip people off (in case no-one's found out and posted it in these loooooooong 6 pages yet) that there's a name for this practice of rewarding behavior with stickers, etc. It's called "token economy". You can find lots of great ideas on the net by typing it in. Thought it might help people dig up more.
Sprout'n up
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby AVATC » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:13 pm

Hey, Jezicka! I was bragging about my goals book in another thread tonight and referring folks over to this one. I've been keeping my book for 1.5 years now, and it still motivates and inspires me! How are you coming with the packages and workshop ideas? Inquiring minds want to know!
Karen Commins
http://www.KarenCommins.com
My audiobooks on Audible.com: http://goo.gl/3A5Mu6
AVATC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion