Silly Self-Reward System

Time sensitive announcements and any discussion that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby Jezicka » Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:07 pm

AWESOME!! This thread has gone into double digits! KyleM-- Yes, I finally found those Avery foil stars, too-- but now I've almost decided I like the 'sparkly' ones better! I know what you mean about the 'demotivating' part-- that's one reason I started giving myself the frogs for setbacks and the butterflies-- and now I've added various little 'Wow!' and 'Good job!' stickers-- I just hated looking at those blank days with no stars Image and it really seemed unfair when I'd tried and something interfered to keep me from doing what I'd planned... Going For It-- Thanks for the endorsement! Last year I was putting them in a day planner-- but this year, after starting to put them on a calendar for my husband (practicing English, finally!) I decided I like the look of that better-- and if you're doing several things you get immediate, visual feedback on what's 'missing' from your life (it's usually either the exercise or the 'fun things' for me). GiniDee Whew! That's a relief! And considering my husband's hair-raising escapades as a kid, it's certainly just as well... I'm convinced any first born of his would be riding its bike full tilt at walls before it could crawl! Image (And he's still a Don Quixote, even now! Image ) Findthejoyagain--Welcome! The easiest way to print particular posts is probably to highlight them, go to 'edit' and hit 'copy'. Then do a paste into a word document and print that. Thanks again, everyone, for keeping me inspired and not letting this thread die! Will keep you posted on progress on the workshop... And I'll certainly be back here looking for ideas! [This message has been edited by Jezicka (edited January 16, 2004).]
Jezicka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby GiniDee » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:53 am

Yes, Jezicka - Don't let any of it die - not the ideas, the seminars, the stickering kits, the other products, the eventual website, and all the fun you can have! All the best - GiniDee Image
GiniDee
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby StacyL » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:33 am

My sister is into scrapbooking. Because I bought her several scrapbooking things for Christmas I am now on all of the mailing lists. Yesterday I got a catalog and I knew I had to post about it here. It is called Sticker Planet and it has every kind of sticker imaginable!! Jezicka you really need to check it out! Here is their website... www.STICKERPLANET.com (I didn't check it out, just copied the web address from the catalog.) Hope you find some things that you like. Image
StacyL
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby GiniDee » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:42 am

I checked it out - the site has lots of terrific stickers and other cool stuff! Jezicka, go visit - eventually you can even link to their site! Enjoy! It's a visual treat and easy to navigate. All the best - GiniDee Image
GiniDee
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby StacyL » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:29 pm

I went to the Dollar Store today and bought 4 packs of stickers for 2 bucks. I have an extra 2004 calendar that my husband got at work. I am ready to start rewarding myself! Is everyone else sticking ( Image haha, couldn't resist) to their system?
StacyL
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby GiniDee » Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:32 am

How is your sticker system coming along? And your seminar projects? Image
GiniDee
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Jezicka » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:22 am

Thanks, StacyL! It's a very nice site! Unfortunately it looks like most of the stickers are too large for my purposes-- but I figure the more sites I check out the better... I'm looking in to various possibilities for getting calendars done-- then I would package them with either specially made or mass produced stickers-- possibly both. A friend just sent me a link for a survey form-- I'm thinking I might use that and try to do a questionnaire for the 'getting out of a rut' suggestions I'm collecting over on the Idea Party forum and elsewhere. Although one of my Success Team members who's done marketing research suggested that I'm at the stage where I can't really draw up a questionnaire because I want to explore possibilities of things that may not have occurred to me, I'm thinking that I can make up a fairly open-ended one for people who need more questions to stimulate their thinking on the matter. Thanks for asking, GiniDee! Still looking for venues for both Orchids and my seminars...
Jezicka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby GiniDee » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:25 am

No surprise, Jezicka! Spring is so much easier a time to get people out to do seminars. Good luck with everything, and keep us posted! All the best - Ginidee Image
GiniDee
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Jezicka » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:22 am

Latest sticker successes: Got my husband using it for studying English-- we put it on a month long calendar and when I forget, he says, "What?! No star today?" Also, my parents wanted to start using them. They couldn't find a store near them, so I sent them a packet. This weekend I'll take them one of my extra wall calendars. Confession: Image I had stopped using them myself for about a month. I finally got my day-planner together for the year last week and added a section for stickers (my day-planner has two pages per day, a la the 'Order From Chaos' system-- but for stickers I need at least a week at a time-- otherwise I don't notice the patterns). I couldn't find my frog stickers for awhile-- just started that again, too, and had a real 'light bulb moment'! I realized that the reason the 'frogs' (symbolizing barriers, setbacks, etc.) seem to be so quickly followed by the 'butterflies' (symbolizing serendipity, break-throughs, etc.) is that the frog stickers clearly define a problem and keep it 'in my face'. That means I'm much more likely to actually do something about it than usual! (My 'normal' pattern is to forget all about any problems I encounter and then beat myself up for not getting enough done. Not good-- but pretty common, I think!) When I can see exactly what went wrong and when, I know why I didn't get something done, and I also know that I really need to do something about that problem. You can't fix what you don't see! One of my recent 'frogs' was Barbara's seminar in Sedona being cancelled Image . Nothing much to be done about that, but I'm hoping to change the tickets for when my mother-in-law's here so at least I don't have to take too much extra time off work. But I'm thinking-- maybe I should just go to New York and spring for a personal session with Barbara... Got to figure some way to turn this one into a butterfly... And yesterday I had a third venue for Orchid's seminar fall through... AARGH! I'm going to know the meeting space situation in the DC area inside out before this is done-- **SIGH**! Anyway, happy stickering, everyone!
Jezicka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby GiniDee » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:49 am

SOOOO glad you're back and on target, Jezicka! I want the calendar with stickers too. I'm working with soni right now, and I'd love to be able to record my progress with stickers. I can put them on the fridge calendar, of course, but that's too public for my taste. And I don't have a day planner because I don't plan my days. I don't even own a watch (not that I could wear one if I did - they go backwards or blow up on me Image - what a message from the Universe ) And right now, I'm the Frogville Chorus with hardly a butterfly in sight! Image Told you, it's a spring thing! You'll get the venue, and you'll know what you need to know for when you hold your own. Sounds like you're making terrific progress, and I hope to join you on that trail soon! If you come up to see Barbara, e-mail me on the prismbox site, and we could have a coffee or something. Take care of yourself - All the best - GiniDee Image
GiniDee
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby GiniDee » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:30 am

How are you coming along on all your projects? Image
GiniDee
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Orchid » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:26 pm

Jezicka, How many people do you have using the sticker system right now? Can you pull together 10 or so of them to do it for a few months and have them report back the patterns they see? It seems like you are getting good information from your patterns for your workshop... adding a few more perspectives might yield some interesting info! ------------------ life is an experiment www.destiny-lab.com
Orchid
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby kevin_2050 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:22 pm

Thanks Jezicka. Great idea, I'm gonna do it.
kevin_2050
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Jezicka » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:04 am

Great idea, Orchid! I'll post it under Wishes and Obstacles. Kevin, thank you! And please let me know how it works! GiniDee, thanks for checking back-- I was in kind of a slump there for awhile, but I'm back on track now... Image Thanks to you, this board, my Success Team, my Writing Group, my family, my friends... Whew! Sure takes a lot of people to put and keep me together, doesn't it?
Jezicka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby GiniDee » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:41 am

Hey, Jezicka - It takes a LOT of people to keep us ALL together, sunshine, and I'm grateful for every one of them - including YOU! You see, if I didn't have you - and several other wondrous spirits - around to check up on and cheer on, I might just get bored when I need to take breaks from my work, and that would NEVER do! No boredom allowed! Image Glad to hear about your seminar - I think it's a great idea, and hope you'll let us know how it goes! All the best - GiniDee Image
GiniDee
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion