Famous female scanners?

Time sensitive announcements and any discussion that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Famous female scanners?

Postby MultiTalentedSwede » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:45 am

Hi all!

It is easy to come up with a list of famous scanners. But very few of these are women. Could someone please help me out in finding a bunch of female role models?
MultiTalentedSwede
New User
New User

Re: Famous female scanners?

Postby Tituba » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:51 am

Martha Stewart
Barbara Sher
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Annalena » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:07 am

Just a guess: Oprah?

(Magazine, tv show, speaker...)

Ellen DeGeneres
(actress, stand-up comedian, tv show, spokesperson for a couple of products, commercials, animal activist, vegan activist)
~~ thinking helps. ~~
Annalena
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Juliette Gordon Low
Founder of Girl Scouts of the USA

http://www.girlscouts.org/who_we_are/hi ... biography/
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Oh, BTW, my first thought was to respond, "My Mom," but then I realized she wasn't famous. :)
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby kathi7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:14 am

You know first thought I had was my mom as well :-) Guess alot of us feel that way & hey, they are famous to us, yes? My mom was Martha Stewart first! She was into everything and excelled as well. If she were into grafting african violets, you won first prize at the flower shows a number of times. When she was caught into bowling, trophies abound, her cooking extended to French, Italian, etc etc. She sewed all our clothes, curtains, etc etc..but alas since she was self taught, she could not understand why I couldnt teach myself as well.
As far as 'famous' as in history...will have to google that & get back to you!
kathi7
New Poster
New Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:27 pm

I suppose if we were to write autobiographies of our moms they could become famous. And yet another idea emerges from the detritus of my mind -- a collection of essays written by scanners about our moms.
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby emspace » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:03 pm

Had to put this down somewhere because I just read it off IMDB. Stan Katic, who plays Detective Kate Beckett on Castle, sounds like a Scanner. From her IMDB page:

“Stana studied international law, global economics and theater/film both in Toronto and Chicago before moving to Los Angeles to begin a career in film. She is an avid lover of science, travel, music, and art.”

And:

“In 2010, Stana started a global initiative called The Alternative Travel Project. The project encourages everyone, everywhere - but especially in car-centric Los Angeles - to go car-free for just one day. The campaign has been extremely successful, causing people from around the globe to join the initiative.”

And:

“Much like her character Kate Beckett, Stana is an avid reader. She also has a strong interest in environmental issues, archery, and music.”

Could be wrong, but certainly sounds like a contender.
emspace
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to General Discussion