Need help

Time sensitive announcements and any discussion that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Need help

Postby Nottanewbie » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:28 pm

Work's been sparse this year (almost none). :bash: I started: https://www.youcaring.com/help-senior-n ... ork-489532 Demoralizing but we all need help sometimes. :( Thanks.
Nottanewbie
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Need help

Postby BarbaraSher » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:02 am

I know how hard it is to ask for financial help, notanewbie. And, having started fundraisers (with lots of help) for two people here, I know how hard it is to actually get donations. I ended up selling my kilims (which I had to hire someone to pack and mail) and my time (which was way too limited) to bring in donations.

What I'd like you to ask for - and then you won't have to be so shy about it, and you'll be helping a lot of people here - is this:

How do you get people to notice your fundraising site, to want to read it, to want to help, to want to send money?

That would be an active discussion and we'd all benefit from it. Maybe, if the discussion gets really interesting, we can use you for the guinea pig and try out different things to see how well they work. Since it appears that you don't have a deadline by which time you need a certain amount of money - to the contrary, you need a steady influx of more money - we can set a one-month deadline, see how it went, and then start another site. Perhaps use different fundraising sites to compare them.

What do you think? If you think it's a good idea, you should start a new Topic: How To Raise Money On a Fundraising Site.

Comments by anyone would be appreciated.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:27 pm

I wonder if anyone has tried http://www.philanthropist.org/ ?
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:53 pm

Thanks, SquarePeg. I did go over there. It was a bit hard to look at and I'm a little tired right now, so I couldn't get into it.

But someone mentioned something very loveable over at the Scanners Facebook page (Scanners and Renaissance Souls):

www.Patreon.com

Tell me what you think.

Looks like my brilliant idea for how to get the world to go look at one's Fundraising page died a quick death. Too bad. It might have helped notanewbie. And others, too.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:25 pm

Seriously, guys, take a look at this site. It's very interesting! I'd like to hear some ideas about how a regular, small-time genius could benefit from using it.

I wait with bated breath for your responses!!
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:56 am

It took me about 15 minutes just to get more information about how someone could raise money on that site. The "default" mode for the site is to attract sponsors. I like the idea of having people send money to me to support my art forms. Right now, I have many higher priorities to even think about this.
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to General Discussion