TEDx: ISOLATION IS THE DREAM KILLER!

Time sensitive announcements and any discussion that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

TEDx: ISOLATION IS THE DREAM KILLER!

Postby BarbaraSher » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:51 am

Hooray! My TEDx talk is up and running on youtube. They released it 3 days ago and it's getting lots of viewers already (and they are saying such wonderful things that it's blowing me away).

The message is so important that I want the whole world to know about it so I hope you'll take a look, leave a comment, and - if you like what I'm saying - tell a lot of people about it. I'd love to see the number of viewers grow and grow and grow. Oh, how I would love that! It makes a stir, and then even more people come to see it, and that's what I'm hoping for!

I'm so impatient with hearing all the advice out there: You must believe absolutely in your self or your dream or something. You can't be negative for a moment. The universe will help you if you're good enough. (You know what I say to such things. :lol: )

Anyway, please go take a look and if you like it, make some noise, share it, leave a comment, and/or tell your friends, family and colleagues. Then come back here and tell us about it!

https://goo.gl/fp1xUL
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: TEDx: ISOLATION IS THE DREAM KILLER!

Postby BarbaraSher » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:14 am

Wow, almost 5000 views! In about 6 days (as I recall - I'm sleeping funny hours so I don't remember exactly).

I hope you will go over there and see it. I tell a bunch of very funny true stories - great impossible dreams that came true because of Idea Parties, how to tell people your wish in a way that makes them feel driven to solve whatever stops you. Pretty useful to watch.

A big, appreciative audience too. Got some big laughs in some unexpected places. :-) (See if you can find what I'm referring to!)
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:23 pm

I watched it and loved it. And, yes, the message is true. You can do just about anything with the help of good friends.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:53 pm

Now how are we going to get big TED to feature it so the world will see it? I guess if we could all get some more people to watch it that would help. Do you feel like trying to do that? It would make a big difference to me to know that 50,000 or 100,000 people saw this talk. I don't think we can do that on our own, but if we make enough noise with enough views, TED might feature it (like they did for someone who talked about multipotentialites (Scanners to us :-))

Got any better ideas? This is my wish: attracting the attention of big TED. Getting a whole lot of viewers on this TEDx talk - that's my obstacle.

I think I'll send out another newsletter.

I'll keep bothering people over on Facebook like a real pest.

Did some tweeting and about to move that into high gear.

What have I not thought of?
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:37 pm

I'll post a couple of comments.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:19 pm

Okay, I posted a comment and Molly wrote about you on my blog. www.temporaryaddress-jody.blogspot.com

I have a similar wish and the same obstacle only bigger.
I have two publicists- Susan is a human, and Buster is a yap,yap dog.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:43 am

Thanks, Elaine. We're within a hundred or so views of 10,000.

Too bad the sound track doesn't record the laughter from the very beginning. I had an early copy of the video done by someone who was sitting in the audience and the laughter was there from the very beginning - loud and enthusiastic. But the TEDx camera must have been up in the sound/light room and you can only start to hear it near the middle (when I talk about how, if a husband wakes up loving himself, and is too pleased with himself in the morning, his wife will try to kill him in his sleep the next night. The audience *really* liked that. The men didn't even look uneasy. Odd.) :-)

It's too bad. Looks like I'm waiting for applause and not getting it. But the message is important and I was comfortable up there, having a good time, and the audience was very happy. That was in Prague, Czech is their first language, but they were laughing at once at even my nuanced jokes in English, so they must be very smart at English listening.

Anyway, the whole point is that positive thinking and trying to influence the universe won't do nearly as much good as learning how to get help from other humans. I give them the magic sentence you have to say that will get everyone trying to solve your problem, and told enough Success Team and Idea Party stories to have resulted in a lot of requests for more information on how to find both those excellent things in people's neighborhoods.

(I'm giving out free instructions for running an Idea Party in your home at the home page of this site: www.barbarasher.com and it's just the first in a series of how to run terrific idea parties via Meetup.com, telephone, Twitter, Facebook, etc. I've done them in all formats many times, and they're really first rate.

Changing the newsletter, too, into an interactive one: I want to ask questions about Scanners, and I like being asked questions about almost anything. So you might want to go to the home page and sign up now. (Or sign up again. You won't get two newsletters. :-) )
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:22 am

Almost 70,000 viewers now. :-) So glad the message is getting out!
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:20 am

Perfect timing. I'll watch and post.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Beach2006 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:00 am

I absolutely love your TED talk Barbara, I've watched hundreds of TED talks and yours is perhaps my favourite. :) I am trying to moot the idea of someone starting an informal Success Team in my area via a well known classifieds Web site. Please can I use a link to your TED talk in my advert :?:
Beach2006
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:44 am

Hi, Beach, welcome to the Boards.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Beach2006 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi Elaine

Here's a quote I love from Barbaras insightful TED talk:

'If you say 'I'd love to be a ballerina but I'm 44 years old' every mind starts working - even if people don't like you they'll solve your problems...People want to help...amazing things will happen to you..'
Last edited by Beach2006 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beach2006
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Jennifer623 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:41 pm

I just watched it today. Being in a rural area, I am so isolated. I am so glad to have found a community of like-minded individuals on your sites/board. Thank you for what you do, Barbara!
Jennifer623
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to General Discussion