Attending a Success Team, need to solidify my goal!

Time sensitive announcements and any discussion that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Attending a Success Team, need to solidify my goal!

Postby KarenP » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:10 pm

I see there is not a lot of activity here. How unfortunate as Barbara's work is so valuable! I've not posted here in a while, and I just posted in "Wishes and Obstacles" and thought I'd stop in here for some conversation if anyone is up for it.

I am currently attending a wonderful Success Team group in my area. I'm so excited, however, I'm having trouble committing to a goal. I decided to "go general" and describe what I want (a home-based / web-based business where I can work from anywhere). I hope to use the talents and skills I've acquired over the last 20+ years working in sales, marketing, and combine those with my insatiable appetite for self-help, growth and spiritual-type reading. I desire to connect with people, teach, inspire, write, create and be of service.

I made this my "workflow" project and one of the steps is to decide on the structure. I think I have to just "start somewhere" as I have wanted this for years, but I am allowing indecision to hold me back. I'm even having ideas for the structure as I type (gotta go write those down).

I'm very creative in business, good with words, and very resourceful (like McGuiver!) when it comes to putting together applications (software) that are affordable to help create outcomes without breaking the bank.

Would love any discussion/brainstorming here.

Cheers to success!
Karen
KarenP
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Attending a Success Team, need to solidify my goal!

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:16 pm

What about some type of coaching?
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby KarenP » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:24 am

Hi Elaine,

Yes, that is along the lines of what I'd like to do.

I woke up this morning and realized that I want two things. There's a book idea inside of me that is begging to be born. Also, I think it would be fun to have a website to connect, inspire and possibly coach people. I'd also like to speak to business audiences, possibly, since I have a lot of experience in that too.

I'm not sure if I should do one or the other as far as book or website/online biz. I think they could go together. Actually, it is great to talk here because ideas are popping into my head as to how the various parts can fit together.

I want my tone to be lighter-hearted. The book addresses a slightly difficult topic (not too heavy, but a big burden for many people). I'd like to bring some lightness to the subject without being completely off-putting. Oh, just had another thought on that!

I've never written a book. I work as a director of marketing and have a sales/marketing/software background, so I do know how to address an audience on paper and in person. Any suggestions are appreciated though. I just started reading, The Shortest Distance Between You and a Published Book by Susan Page.

Thank you!
Karen

p.s. My background is all sales and marketing based (some software...on the business side).
KarenP
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:08 am

It sounds as if you're at the brainstorming stage, so feel free to put down whatever you want here. I think it's good to write down all your ideas, and then you can actually see which ones you want to keep.

Barbara Sher has a Write/speak online class that she does periodically. I guess Patty Newbold does most of the work for it these days. It didn't work for me, but apparently a lot of people have enjoyed it and ended up with published books.

I hope your success team is going well.

Good luck.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to General Discussion