Spider veins pregnancy

Time sensitive announcements and any discussion that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Spider veins pregnancy

Postby adrianwillson » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:06 am

My wife has been suffering from the varicose vein, is it common that the pregnant lady suffer from it.
adrianwillson
New User
New User

Re: Spider veins pregnancy

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:48 pm

Apparently spider veins can happen during pregnancy. I looked on the net and found mostly sites about treatment. ACcording to some of the sites, (I am not a doctor. THis is not professional medical advice. You should look for yourself or, even better, talk to your doctor.)

Anyway, according to some of the internet sites, they can happen during pregnancy. Sometimes they go away after delivery - usually between three and four months after deliver. sometimes they don't. There are treatments for spider veins.

Also there are things you can do to minimize spider veins during pregnancy - exercise, raising your legs when you're sitting. Support hose. There's probably a lot more.

So that's some information. Best recommendation, talk to your doctor. Second best - Google Spider veins during pregnancy. You will find a lot of sites offering to sell you something, but you'll also find some that are pure information. Good luck.

And congratulations on the upcoming birth of your baby. May your lives be filled with love and joy.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to General Discussion