Anyone getting paid to take online surveys?

Let us know what information you need and one of our net wizards might suggest some internet links that can help you

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Anyone getting paid to take online surveys?

Postby nancyh » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:49 am

Hi guys... I used to be hillsmith and have been active on these boards for several years but the system has deleted my old registration so now I'm a new poster. Sheesh. Anyway, last night an acquaintance told me that he takes an occasional online survey and earns some extra money now and then. I thought that sort of thing was just people running scams to sell ebooks about doing it - and that's all I can find when I search for information. So, my question is....do any of you successfully take surveys online for money? Are there particular sites or companies you recommend contacting? Thanks for your help! Nancy
nancyh
New User
New User

Postby nancyh » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:51 am

Thanks! That was just the sort of info I was hoping to get. Nancy
nancyh
New User
New User

Doesn't pay as well as it used to

Postby ktronis » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:42 am

I have done surveys for esearch.com. They used to pay pretty well, up to $50 for some of them, but I should caution that they've gotten pretty cheap lately. Only offering $5 at the most, and half the time the "prize" is only a drawing into a raffle (they never say how many people are in the drawing, either). Also used to do vividence.com, but that was a couple of years ago. Can't recall the others I used to do. I think the downturn in the economy dried some of the opportunities up.
ktronis
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Marian » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:31 am

I signed up with 2 survey companies in the past 2 months. One is Begin Survey and the other is American Consumer Opinion. I haven't heard anything from Begin Survey. I recently received a short "screening" survey from ACOP. Apparently, it's to determine if I qualify to participate in a more in-depth survey. For filling out the screening survey, I've been entered into a drawing for "an average of $1000 in cash awards (ranging from $5 to $100)." I was hoping I could supplement my income as a musician by filling out surveys, but, based on these experiences, I don't think that's going to be likely. If you still want to try it, make sure you don't have to pay any money to sign up. -- Marian
Marian
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Day Owl » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:44 am

I signed up with American Consumer Opinion a couple of months ago. It appears to be straightforward and OK. Signing up was free. Privacy rules are extensive and posted, and I have not received any spam as a result. Every so often they send a screening survey, usually geared to finding out whether I am an appropriate person to evaluate a particular product (e.g. one apparently dealt with jet skis and similar recreational engines, and I don't own or use such items, so I never was offered the evaluation itself). But it's true that whenever you fill out the screening survey, you are entered in the drawing for that week's cash prize. I received a check for $5 (WHOOPEE!) for doing that. I am about to evaluate another product and will be paid $12 (WHOOPEE!) for my efforts. It isn't big money, of course, but for the time expended, which is minimal, I think it's worth it. The cash prizes can sometimes be larger than $5. I suspect that a large role is played by one's demographic group in relation to the products that are evaluated.
Day Owl "Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" -- Abraham Lincoln
Day Owl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Anyone getting paid to take online surveys?

Postby murk » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:14 am

I got $10 for a short survey at buffalocashsurvey.com ...it think there was a few other ones a while back that paid around $2 a piece.
murk
New User
New User

Return to Needs and Links