Getting Everything to fit in a Micro House

Let us know what information you need and one of our net wizards might suggest some internet links that can help you

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: Getting Everything to fit in a Micro House

Postby Jaydee » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:56 am

Yes, we are on the right track. Thank you, jd
Jaydee
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby timeseeker » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:33 pm

A captain's bed or mate's bed with drawers is good. Also a bookcase headboard. There's a magazine called Small Room Decorating that addresses the small space issue. Tina K
timeseeker
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Jaydee » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:27 pm

Katie said a while back in this thread: An old buffet helped once when I had no closet space for hats and gloves - more, it housed my phone, phonebooks, bills, and kitchen linens. Well, I believe I showed the same creative spirit recently when I took my small desk and put it into the kitchen. It had the perfect 18" depth to fit on that one side of the kitchen, next to another 18" deep cabinet and the 18" deep butcher block top on it. It looked out of place until I painted it white and took the handles off the drawers and put little white knobs to match the rest of the kitchen. Now, voila! ready made drawers! I was so happy to have it there. Incidentally, I left the "desky" stuff in a couple of the drawers as I thought--why not? In this small house, why not? I just got the tiny porch built! Yay!!!! It is 7.5 feet by 5 feet. It takes in the little outside light which is now the porch light. I am sooooo glad the rain is not falling on my head when I go inside now, while fumbling for the door key. I feel blessed. God is so kind. I am still contemplating a tiny addition to my bedroom; it would only add about 45 sq. ft. to the house and to the bedroom, but if you had a bedroom which was 7 x 9 feet, including the closet area, you would be right down happy to add 45 sq. ft., and so will I !!! First thing I will do is get a double bed again too. It will sacrifice the bigger share of the addition, and that is okay with me. I will be closer to the flowers outside and can lie there and stare at them. The negative aspect to this addition is that it will block the window in the bathroom. I like the idea of getting the natural light in there. I shall have to come up with a little tiny sky light in that side to make up for that minor loss. Thanks to you who have nudged me along through this time. Jaydee
Jaydee
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to Needs and Links