I WANT TO OWN A LAUNDRY MAT!

Let us know what information you need and one of our net wizards might suggest some internet links that can help you

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

I WANT TO OWN A LAUNDRY MAT!

Postby dtrmnda » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:33 pm

(as well as a ton of other things) But I want to do this and also find out about details on getting equipment and any other details I should be aware of that I should take under consideration. :D
dtrmnda
New User
New User

Re: I WANT TO OWN A LAUNDRY MAT!

Postby merk » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:23 pm

Just curious - how come you want to own a laundromat? Is it purely a business thing or something more? Just seems like an usual goal so just curious, that's all.
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby katchal » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:35 pm

I think there are services that will provide and service the equipment for a cut of the revenue. That way you focus on maintaining the location, providing security and customer service and marketing. I'd start by looking in the yellow pages for laundry equipment. Some google research on owning them might also be a good idea to help you write your business plan.
katchal
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby dani » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:58 pm

I once had that brainstorm because of the lack of necessity for owner involvement. Of course, you need to make sure everything is running smoothly, maintain machines, etc. But otherwise, in a strictly coin operated facility, you just drop in to pick up your coins. Or so it seems. :D
dani
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Moonracer » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:48 am

I once saw one advertised for sale on Craigslist. If you are anywhere near one of the bigger cities, try that. It's under the "for sale" section, "business".
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Gayle » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:13 pm

here is a great free newsletter that answers lots of questions about owning a laundry mat. www.LaundryClass.com Gayle
Gayle
New User
New User

Return to Needs and Links