Need 52 quotes

Let us know what information you need and one of our net wizards might suggest some internet links that can help you

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Need 52 quotes

Postby Tituba » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:33 am

I've been asked to send out a weekly reminder to a networking group I belong to. I want to include a quote with each reminder. I'm looking for 52 quotes on work, life etc. Things like: "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." Zig Ziglar Thanks.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Need 52 quotes

Postby shparks » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:58 pm

"Keep Moving Forward" - Meet the Robinsons
shparks
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby kashtanka » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:07 pm

"Develop an interest in life as you see it; the people, things, literature, music - the world is so ruch, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself. Henry Miller
kashtanka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:54 am

Consistency is the Key - me
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby skannie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:01 pm

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. - traditional proverb Take it easy, but take it! - Woody Guthrie
www.beyond-mountains.com
www.scannertribe.com
Scanner Tribe Group on Facebook
Scanner Tribe group on LinkedIn
Twitter - @scannertribe
skannie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby garyganu » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:39 pm

tituba: here is an excellent link that includes 215 quotes from Ben Franklin. http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/autho ... nklin.html If you peruse the entire list, I am sure that you will find some appropriate quotes. Here are some samples: A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle. Benjamin Franklin A penny saved is a penny earned. Benjamin Franklin A place for everything, everything in its place. Benjamin Franklin A small leak can sink a great ship. Benjamin Franklin Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it. Benjamin Franklin Admiration is the daughter of ignorance. Benjamin Franklin All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move. Benjamin Franklin All wars are follies, very expensive and very mischievous ones. Benjamin Franklin All who think cannot but see there is a sanction like that of religion which binds us in partnership in the serious work of the world. Benjamin Franklin An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. Benjamin Franklin And whether you're an honest man, or whether you're a thief,Depends on whose solicitor has given me my brief. Benjamin Franklin Anger is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one. Benjamin Franklin Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do. Benjamin Franklin Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. Benjamin Franklin Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security. Benjamin Franklin Applause waits on success. Benjamin Franklin As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence. Benjamin Franklin At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment. Benjamin Franklin Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin Be slow in choosing a friend, slower in changing. Benjamin Franklin Beauty and folly are old companions. Benjamin Franklin Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. Benjamin Franklin Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship. Benjamin Franklin Beware the hobby that eats. Benjamin Franklin Buy what thou hast no need of and ere long thou shalt sell thy necessities. Benjamin Franklin By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Benjamin Franklin Certainty? In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes. Benjamin Franklin Content makes poor men rich; discontent makes rich men poor. Benjamin Franklin A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. Benjamin Franklin A good conscience is a continual Christmas. Benjamin Franklin A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges. Benjamin Franklin A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body. Benjamin Franklin A learned blockhead is a greater blockhead than an ignorant one. Benjamin Franklin A life of leisure and a life of laziness are two things. There will be sleeping enough in the grave. Benjamin Franklin A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle. Benjamin Franklin A penny saved is a penny earned. Benjamin Franklin A place for everything, everything in its place. Benjamin Franklin A small leak can sink a great ship. Benjamin Franklin Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it. Benjamin Franklin Admiration is the daughter of ignorance. Benjamin Franklin All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move. Benjamin Franklin All wars are follies, very expensive and very mischievous ones. Benjamin Franklin All who think cannot but see there is a sanction like that of religion which binds us in partnership in the serious work of the world. Benjamin Franklin An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. Benjamin Franklin And whether you're an honest man, or whether you're a thief,Depends on whose solicitor has given me my brief. Benjamin Franklin Anger is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one. Benjamin Franklin Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do. Benjamin Franklin Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. Benjamin Franklin Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security. Benjamin Franklin Applause waits on success. Benjamin Franklin
garyganu
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby DayOwl » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:12 pm

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle. Abraham Lincoln
DayOwl
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Moonracer » Fri May 08, 2009 12:35 am

If you still need quotes, I can forward many to your email. Let me know. Out of curiosity, If one wanted to set up a database of quotes like this, how would one start?
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Sun May 31, 2009 8:10 pm

DayOwl - hmmmm. I find it hard to believe Lincoln used the word "hustle." Probably he said something like that and has been woefully misquoted. Moonracer - thanks. You can pm me the quotes if you can.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby tui » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:04 am

I had this vague thought that it was T A Edison who murmured 'Hustle while you wait...' :?:
tui
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Needs and Links