Joining associations for the benefits

Let us know what information you need and one of our net wizards might suggest some internet links that can help you

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Joining associations for the benefits

Postby Moonracer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Hi everyone: I've been looking for health insurance (I'm self-employed) and a lot of the suggestions I've read suggest getting insurance through associations. I don't belong to any, but would be happy to join if there's one that makes sense (and will accept me). Can you help me brainstorm different types of orgs that have this benefit? This whole thing makes my brain hurt and I could really use the help. Thanks--any and all suggestions welcome!
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Joining associations for the benefits

Postby Tituba » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:02 am

I checked out chamber of commerce, associations etc. While cheaper that getting it yourself, it still was too steep for me to pay. Then Mass required everyone to get insurance, so I got it thru the state.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Joining associations for the benefits

Postby Moonracer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:11 pm

Thanks for responding, Tituba. Sadly the chambers in my area are too small (tried them), but perhaps I could look a little further out to a larger town. I need to expand my thinking. Thanks for the prompt. Can you think of any associations in particular? Even if they aren't right for me, they might spark an idea. I'm running out of them!
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Needs and Links