missing links - vanishing video

Let us know what information you need and one of our net wizards might suggest some internet links that can help you

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

missing links - vanishing video

Postby tui » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:07 am

This is an internet question - sort of. I'm running Windows XP - with Firefox as the browser. There is Flash player - and I use Real for downloading videos. As far as I know - they're all working and latest version. Oh. And AVG Free is there as my White Knight. Just recently, when I've had emails with links to a video clip, I've clicked through and there's just an empty space. Nothing. The little message in the bottom left corner tells me, reassuringly, 'Done' though there is nothing visible by way of buttons, screens, or other 'usual stuff'. The other place this is happening is on the video clips in the 'Sydney Morning Herald.' ( I don't think it's an Aussie Plot... :( ) Casual links to YouTube and other places play just fine. Do I need to get Something to join the Start Up sequence so I can access these particular video clips? Please keep it Very Simple. I'm right out of practice, thankfully.
tui
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: missing links - vanishing video

Postby JeannetteLS » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:04 am

Great question, Tui. I have that same problem on my Mac! I wonder. I'll be interested in seeing what the Internet wizards say.
JeannetteLS
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby merk » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:35 am

easiest simple quick fix would be to try reinstalling flash. http://www.adobe.com/go/EN_US-H-GET-FLASH try reinstalling the flash player from there and see if that helps.
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tui » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:57 am

OK. I'll give it a go. I don't think it's anything to do with Global Policy or Parental Controls. It may have something to do with not having Quicktime. It's been an issue since the last flock of XP updates - but I don't want to investigate those entrails just yet. Thanks very much, merk. (I think I can do this :lol: )
tui
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Needs and Links