printer problems

Let us know what information you need and one of our net wizards might suggest some internet links that can help you

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

printer problems

Postby Unity » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:24 am

Hi, wondered if anyone can help After running out of ink, I got some new -color and black - installed it properly but print is coming out very faint amd there are horizontal lines on the paper. I did what the instructions said to do in this situation, and nothing has changed. Help!
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: printer problems

Postby merk » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 am

what did the instructions say to do? The printers i've had offer some things you can do. Some of them you can put through some sort of head cleaning process. not sure exactly what it does or how well it works. Others offer printer head alignment - which i think is not uncommon to have to do when you replace the print cartridges. Are the cartridges you bought brand new? or are they recycled or generic brand cartridges?
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Unity » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi Merk I did the re-alignment and cleaned the heads They were cheap ones, but I've got them before and they were ok It seems to be the black ink that's the problem, the new color is fine.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby merk » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:48 pm

if by cheap you mean recycled, it's possible it's been recycled one too many times. I buy the cheapo ones as well when i can. I know the recycled cartridges can only be recycled so many times and eventually start to wear out. So maybe you just got one that's been through the recycle program one too many times. If it's not recycled, just a generic brand - then i'm not so sure. Could just be a bad cartridge. Did you clean the printer head yourself or left the printer do it? I've seen some directions online for cleaning the printer head yourself. I think you just swab it with some alcohol, but i'd look online and double check. You could also just call up whoever you ordered the cartridge from and ask them if they have any suggestions or if they can send a replacement.
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Needs and Links