Need help identifying a career from all this

Let us know what information you need and one of our net wizards might suggest some internet links that can help you

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Need help identifying a career from all this

Postby kaycam » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:51 pm

Hi,

I have managed to sum up the activities I want to do on a daily basis in a future career. But alas, I don't know where or how to apply these activities.

The activities: Someone comes to me with a problem. I come up with an idea to solve the problem and execute the idea. It's done through tangible and physical means, as opposed to emotional and intangible (like coaching or counselling). It's a combination of teaching and distributing goods and services not available to them. Client gets a sense of love and nourishment through what I do.

On the surface it sounds like coaching, but I do not want to be a coach at all. If only I knew how to implement the above activities I would get started right away.

Does anyone have any ideas to share?

Thanks!
kaycam
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Need help identifying a career from all this

Postby mango » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi,

Just a thought, but what about helping with social services? I was thinking about the people who get single mothers up and running, get their food and housing and childcare taken care of, etc.

Good luck!
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby kaycam » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi, Mango,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it could be something bordering on the social/humanitarian. I work from home cooped up behind a computer, and it's just not working at all. I need to be visible. I meditate on this ...

K
kaycam
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Moonracer » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:50 pm

Throwing out ideas....reference librarian, virtual assistant, personal assistant, business broker, fundraiser, ebay seller/buyer, small business assistant, researcher, business plan writer, book proposal writer, handyman...
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby tinyhouse » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:31 am

Hi-
As a former "rescuer" who's burnt out on listening to peoples' problems (no offense), I have a sense of what you mean. Can you give us an idea of what kinds of problems, what kinds of tangible things you like working with, etc. I fell into food work for a while and though the fast pace got to me, I discovered I was good at the timing, coordination, people interaction aspects of it. (Now I need to take those elements into something other than food!)
I remember hearing positive stories on tv about people who cook or bake having real restaurant-like environments when feeding the homeless which made the people feel more special than a more assembly-line approach (feeding the soul as well as the stomach). Also, food people training homeless/jobless to cook, etc. Your thing may not be food but these seem like ideas that are social and tangible. DLB
tinyhouse
New Poster
New Poster

Return to Needs and Links