W: create an income-generating webpage O: how?

Let us know what information you need and one of our net wizards might suggest some internet links that can help you

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

W: create an income-generating webpage O: how?

Postby blisseth » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:55 pm

Greetings. I'd like to create an online resource to help scientists enter careers in the sales profession. I'd also like this page to generate passive income. Is there a web or print resource that details the different options I have (membership list? forum? blog?) and how to make the site earn income without being overly commercial? The primary goal is to help those with scientific training but the desire to take a non-research route find work that makes them happy and pays the bills! I hope to attract readers who will contribute with their own experiences and advice to fellow readers! Thanks!
blisseth
New User
New User

Re: W: create an income-generating webpage O: how?

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Blogspot.com has a feature "adsense". You allow them to post ads on your blog and you get money for people clicking on your ads. I'm sure that other blogs, and webs have the same feature.

If you want people to pay for the info you provide, you probably have to have an inventory of information that you can provide, and then charge your readers for the lists.

There are probably better answers than these to your question, but here's a start.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: W: create an income-generating webpage O: how?

Postby redplaidpurpleplaid » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:53 am

Hi blisseth,

There are a lot of how-to-make-money-online resources, some of them scammy and some of them less scammy. So it sounds like you have integrity concerns as well (you don't want it "overly commercial") and you also want to attract individuals within your community who will act as mentors. For resources on marketing with integrity especially relevant to the helping/coaching field I like Tad Hargrave and Bill Baren.

Especially because of the mentorship thing, the number one thing I can say to you is.....build relationships! And for me that needed to happen in person, with friends, colleagues, Meetup groups, networking events. (I am not making much money yet but I am saying that's how I got a couple of recent opportunities that have come up) You can see what I'm doing at www.emmastangl.com.

One thing you have going for you is that you have defined your niche very specifically! People will know right away whether your service is for them or not.

I tend to think that providing a solid service comes first, and being able to convert that to passive income comes later, unless you have an alternate way of establishing credibility like testimonials from people who have participated in your programs.

As for passive income you can do paid memberships to the site, members-only forum, other method of exclusive content. (lessons sent to their email?) You can also do e-books. Like I said though I have had a much easier time building credibility and trust face-to-face than online (which I guess says something about me....hey :D )

Emma
redplaidpurpleplaid
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Needs and Links