N: email/newsletter management O: puter-stupid

Let us know what information you need and one of our net wizards might suggest some internet links that can help you

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

N: email/newsletter management O: puter-stupid

Postby jean » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:01 am

This is an interim-wish, I suppose. I've been working on my wish and now that my newsletter list is at 1000+, I am finding it hard to manage without a system or software or something.

I'd like something to handle subscriptions with an easy unsubscribe feature. I'd like to be able to set up scheduled mailings, so I could upload newsletters and have them go out on time.

If anyone has experience with such services/software, I'd be interested in recommendations, costs, and the features that make the s/s you use so satisfying for you.

Thanks!
jean (formerly known as ajpor)
jean
New Poster
New Poster

Re: N: email/newsletter management O: puter-stupid

Postby SMM2005 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:23 am

Hi Jean!

I use MailChimp for my newsletter. I use the template. It took getting used to but I believe it has what you may be looking for.

Susan
SMM2005
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby jean » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:04 am

Thanks! I'm checking the website now. I don't mind paying for a management service, so will compare this one to others. My problem is that my puer-ignorance makes it tough just understanding the features of the various programs. Argh.
jean
New Poster
New Poster

Postby SMM2005 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:31 am

Hi Jean :D

MC is super-cheap. Charges very little to send out newsletters. Even with a list of 1,000, I don't think it should be too bad. It took me awhile to figure out how to use the site. Part of my confusion is I didn't use their tutorials but tried to follow what my website designer told me to do. I would have been better off just starting from scratch and reading things on my own. It takes getting used to, but it is much easier now. If you are somewhat used to the process, then it really shouldn't be too difficult.

Good Luck, and let us know how you do :)

Susan
SMM2005
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Tituba » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:47 am

Constant Contact
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby jean » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:58 am

MailChimp is looking good, but the fees are a bit high when your list expands beyond the free limit, so that is a consideration. We're still researching.

I've read good stuff about Constant Contact, but don't know anyone who actually uses it.
jean
New Poster
New Poster

Return to Needs and Links