Experience crowdfunding?

Let us know what information you need and one of our net wizards might suggest some internet links that can help you

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Experience crowdfunding?

Postby elarue » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:52 am

I don't know if this is the correct place to post, but does anyone have any experience running a successful crowdfunding campaign?

And to make matters more interesting, let me throw in a little monkey wrench - I don't have a Facebook account, and due to some personal circumstances, I can't have one at the present time. So there's no way to promote my campaign to friends and family that way. Plus I suspect that the success of the campaign will depend on getting it in front of the eyes of people I don't know.

Thanks for the help! :-)
elarue
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Experience crowdfunding?

Postby k8k8 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:18 am

No experience sorry
but am also interested and have contributed to a bunch.

What is your funding for?

Can you not create social media / facebook accounts for that project or organisation rather than for you personally?

If you can get into the platforms email newsletter that helps a lot i imagine - i have contributed to several after seeing them in there. How you get in - I'm not sure. One way seems to be by being unique.
k8k8
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby elarue » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:16 am

Thanks for the reply! I'm thinking of crowdfunding for a couple different things. Firstly, I'm looking at building the music studio I posted in the Wishes forum: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26306. But I'm also thinking a little bigger. I'm interested in creating a video game, which I would compose the music for using the aforementioned music equipment. For the former, it'd probably need to be a goFundMe campaign, while the latter could be a Kickstarter or an IndieGogo, but I'm not sure I'm ready for the latter because I don't know what sorts of rewards or incentives to offer yet. I still need to come up with a plan. There's also Patreon, but I'd need to sustain my efforts over a long term to get recurring subscribers.

As for Facebook, my situation prevents me from being on Facebook at all, whether it be as myself, representing the project, using a pen name, etc.

But I suppose that doesn't stop people who believe in what I'm up to to promote the campaigns on their Facebook pages. ;-)
elarue
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Jason » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:43 pm

■■■■■
Last edited by Jason on Sat May 11, 2019 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby elarue » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:49 am

Qurordayla wrote:This kind of promotion should be comprehensive and integrate such things as blogs, articles, forums and so on. The promotion can last up to half a year and the budget ranges from $ 2,000. In general, much depends on the company with which you work, for example, I noticed that now someone is seriously engaged in the promotion of millionaire timur artemev. For fun, come in and analyze its sites to see the result.

Well I could certainly build up blogs, a YouTube channel, etc. But now we're talking about how to build up all of these other promotion channels. Which I'd be willing to do, but I could use some guidance and coaching on that as well. Of course, I guess this is drifting off topic into general self-promotion rather than just crowdfunding, so I don't know if there's other threads we should be linking to for reference.
elarue
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Return to Needs and Links