Natural remedy for asthma and allergies?

Let us know what information you need and one of our net wizards might suggest some internet links that can help you

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Natural remedy for asthma and allergies?

Postby shibs » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:33 am

I am FINISHED relying on prescription meds for my asthma and allergies. Although I have eliminated all but one of the prescripts, I use it when I am near suffocating - which is a terrible way to live. Any links to natural cures?
shibs
New Poster
New Poster

Postby simonebernhard » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:49 am

Bee pollen is a biggie, no links off the top of my head but do a web search and you should come up with something. Also cutting down on dairy may help, less phlegm production (ewwww it's even gross to TYPE the word!) SSB
simonebernhard
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby shibs » Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:30 am

Thanks for reply. I've actually done so many natural "solutions" to date, but still have a lingering symptom and want to rid my system once nad for all. Being allergic to many foods and aware of other allergies, I have eliminated those foods and gotten other allergens under control - Milk is one of my biggies. Boy do I miss cheese!. But for about 5 years, now, I've managed to figure out and address each with breathing techniques, essential oils, natural supplements, vitamins AND minerals, and baths. I wonder if anyone knows of any practitioner, or method ( hypnosis, Reiki, ?) to completely get rid of my symptoms. Does anyone share my search for allergy and asthma total relief - i.e. erase them from our systems?
shibs
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Vict » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:32 pm

You may wish to try Nambudripads Allergy Elimination Technique (NAET). Impossible for me to explain, but I can tell you it works! Here's their site: http://www.naet.com and I think you can find more info and practitioners there. Good luck! ~*~*~ Before this gets archived and can't be altered, I wanted to point out that BB has long since been asked to leave this board. I let it ride at the time because I learned early on not to rise to the bait when someone is just picking a fight. In NAET 'allergy' does not just mean histamine reactions. In some circles the newer lingo is 'environmental sensitivity'. For example, a new detergent causing headaches or lethargy would be labeled an 'allergy' in the NAET system, though no sneezing etc is present. The NEAT system has in fact eliminated sensitivities for me and my friends - only one of which would have fallen under the traditional sneezing/watery eyes definition of an allergy. It is an energy-meridian-based healing system, and as such is non-invasive with no ill side effects. For me it falls under the 'it couldn't hurt' category, and if it works, that's great. It has worked for me, so I've used it several times. [This message has been edited by Vict (edited May 14, 2004).]
Vict
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby shibs » Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:15 pm

BILLIEBOOB! How gnarly of you to drop in on my thread. Personally I do not care what you think of NAET, but you may want to check some of your facts first. We are all entitled to our opinions, but unless you can offer a link with some information that RELATES TO Natural Remedy to Asthma and Allergies, it is my opinion that you DROP OUT of this thread.
shibs
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Mogget » Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:55 am

Thee is a great NLP pattern Called the Allergy pattern which gets rid of alergies. I have used it to completely eliminate my allergies of pet hair (to the point where I can now own acat, where as before even touching one gaveme asthma and had me damn near clawing my eyes out) - and have also elminated my allergy to bee stings, now just getting an owie and a bumb, instead of swelling up in a huge area and having a lot of pain. It's been used on food allergies with success (though not by me as I have none!) and I'm currently working on elminating my allergy to pollen, thus getting rid of heyfever (which incidentally has been VASTLY reduced already). It's easy to find in a book called Heart of the Mind by Steve and Conirae Andreus... but I can also write it out for you an email it to you if you'd like. Mogget, delighted to be able to have furry pets once more
Mogget
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Fishenmom » Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:18 pm

Shibs, I don't mean to be simplistic, but have you tried eliminating the allergen? I am terribly allergic to mold and used to be doped up all the time. I started thinking about where the mold could be in my house. Finally, I took up some old carpet and padding and it was full of mold. So I ripped up all the carpet on my main floor. I also looked at the humidity level of my home and found that anything over about 60% encouraged mold to start growing. Also mold grows behind wallpaper. Now the only time I take antihistamines is a couple of days in the spring during the big pollen days. Hope this helps. Depending on what you're allergic to, I might have some more drug free ways to avoid allergens if you're interested.
Fishenmom
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Needs and Links