How does one publicize a blog?

Let us know what information you need and one of our net wizards might suggest some internet links that can help you

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

How does one publicize a blog?

Postby RedBarks » Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:48 am

I’ve started up a daily blog for several reasons, and I’m wondering -- how do I get the word out so people can benefit from it? I’m totally clueless about where to even start with this one. It’s at: http://blog.theirlanguage.com And no, I haven’t submitted it to search engine databases yet, though I probably will put it on my agenda this weekend. ------------------ Paula [This message has been edited by RedBarks (edited June 05, 2003).]
RedBarks
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Orchid » Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:13 pm

Put a link in your email sig file, leave comments on other people\'s blogs, update frequently, be patient, be provocative, be yourself. Don\'t write for your audience... write for yourself. Send emails to bloggers whom you read and respect announcing your presence (but be careful, this can smack of desperation). Participate in Carnival of the Vanities, which is hosted on a different site each week. (I think it\'s on Fridays. Check Instapundit.com tomorrow, maybe there will be a link.)
Orchid
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: How does one publicize a blog?

Postby merk » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:09 pm

garyganu - please don't double post since it makes it seem like you are just trying to get links pointing back to your blog. There's already a thread on this in the politics forum: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=22177 Please continue the discussion there as it's pointless to have the same discussion in two places. I'll be locking this thread now.
My Blog http://blog.imerk.com
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Needs and Links