Success Teams - Northern England and East Midlands

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Success Teams - Northern England and East Midlands

Postby Beach2006 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:46 am

I live in Sheffield at the moment. I am interested in joining a Success Team but the only Success Teams in England at the moment seem to be in London, Leamington Spa and in Birmingham. If there are potential Success Team Leaders in Northern England or the East Midlands please step forward and help us! I don't mind travelling to the Nottingham, Leicester or Leeds districts to join a Success Team. If you know anyone who could start a Success Team in these areas or if you are interested in starting a real life success team yourself near these places - please do so! We need your help!
Inspire Success has suggested I try to start my own Success Team. A concern I have about trying to start a Success Team in Yorkshire or the East Midlands of England myself is that I am male. I am concerned this might alienate females from joining and participating in the group. :oops: How do females feel about my concern? Does a person who wants to set up an informal real life Success Team need formal permission from Barbara to do so?
Last edited by Beach2006 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beach2006
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Success Teams - Northern England and East Midlands

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:20 am

Hi Tim,

You do not have to have permission to set up your own personal success team. In fact, Barbara would definitely cheer you on for wanting to start one. The Professional Success Trainers Program wasn't set up until MANY, MANY YEARS AFTER Barbara's books and ideas were out there.

I'm female and have been in two informal success teams -- one I started and one I joined. The one I set up had one male, and three females. The one I joined had 3 females, plus me.

Gender doesn't matter. Being ready to go after your dreams does!

Other people on the Boards -- please tell us which of Barbara's books give the guidelines for setting up your own success team. I haven't had time to look through my books.

I started my own team, but it was many, many years ago. I'll come back in the future and share my experiences with it.

Inspire
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi again,

To see a simple, how-to-get-started with your success team, look at the top of this home page. You'll see something that says it's free and then the title is something like "how to get what you really want...." It's right at the top of the page.

Let me know if you found it. If not, I'll try to be more specific.

Hope you haven't given up on this idea.

When I started my success team I think I posted the suggestion on something like Craigslist. I'm sure there are lots more options these days. I was specifically looking for people who already knew what their dream was and wanted to get support for it. I didn't want people who were still trying to figure out what their dream was. So, I explained that in my ad.

Then, I set up a first meeting in my home. We each said what our dream/goal was and some of the obstacles that we needed to get past to make it come true. From that point on, we met every week in my house and supported each other in pursuing our goals.

Do check out the little free online booklet that Barbara did that I suggested at the top of this point (at the top of the home page).

Let us know your progress with the idea of creating your own success team.

Inspire
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:44 pm

Once more, on the homepage of this website, at the bottom, where it says Success Teams, there is a link. I haven't tried it yet but it says something about starting your own team...................

You might want to check it out.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Beach2006 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:31 am

Hi Inspire

I have been advertising on a well known classifieds web site in England. I tried advertising in a local library but they took my advert down after only a few days. I am disappointed by the lack of response so far. People are reading my advert (over 200 people have read it) however I have only had one reply so far and the reply was from someone who lived 30 miles away. Here is a copy of what I've put in my advert:

'Team members and team leader wanted to help with starting up a Barbara Sher style Success Team. The group may be better off run by a female. We would need a real life place to meet up. We could talk about our dreams, our wishes then we could talk about the obstacles to achieving our dreams. We could try to help each other achieve our dreams. Please contact me if you are interested!'

I have put a beach scene as my sole picture for my advert as well as my name, address and phone number in the advert. I have also put a link to Barbaras powerful TED talk in my advert. After reading your idea about having group members who already know what they want I am considering updating my advert to reflect this idea. I live in Northern England. Can you give me some tips please about how to get more responses to my advert?
Beach2006
New Poster
New Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:42 pm

I'll come back in a day or two. I definitely have suggestions about how to change your advert. Talk soon. Inspire
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:59 am

Hi Tim,

You already have a leader for your group. You are the leader. If you feel uncomfortable about that, that's okay. One of the things Barbara says is, if you're not feeling some fear, you're probably not going after your dreams.

If you've never been a leader, that's okay. It's okay to tell people on the phone, "I've never created a group like this before, but I'm willing to give it a shot,".

The first thing you need to do is connect with people and get excited about your own project, and get excited about theirs. You don't have to decide all of the details like where you are going to meet. You just need to start connecting with other people who are interested in being part of a group.

The person you've already connected with, is someone you should stay in touch with. She can be a phone buddy.. Barbara encourages this a lot in her books. Have someone on the phone who can keep you accountable and have you be accountable for their goals as well. I don't know which book you've read. In WishCraft, she gives suggestions for how to have a phone buddy. If you don't have that information, I will send it to you here.

The more people you are connected with, the better. What is your main goal? Why do you want to have a group? If you don't know what your goals are, then focus your group on others who want to brainstorm and figure out what their dreams and goals are. If you have your goal, and know what you want to pursue, you might want to focus on people like you. Don't put this info in your ad. Too many details can turn people off.

I also would suggest you check out September 2016 Daily Stepping in the Success Stories section of this website. It's a group of people who set specific goals and support each other.

Your goal right now is to start a Success Team. Keep going after it. YOU CAN DO THIS!

I can help you later with some good questions to ask people when you talk on the phone.

Inspire
Last edited by inspiresuccess on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:29 am

Here's an alternative ad you might want to try:

Looking to form a Barbara Sher Success Team. Have you read any Barbara Sher books? If not, you can see her on YouTube at
https://goo.gl/fp1xUL. She's a master at helping people achieve their dreams. She encourages people to create their own support teams and that's what I'm planning to do. Call Tim at …........ to see if this group would be right for you. I live in......................... (general area, not your actual address)

I can't guarantee you'll get more responses with this ad, but you might want to give it a try. You can always go back to your own.

I know you're discouraged by the lack of response, but remember these days people seem to have a pretty short attention span!

You mentioned a picture. Do you also have a title to the ad? What is it?
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Informal Success Teams