Weight Loss Made Joyous

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: Weight Loss Made Joyous

Postby mikeisjoyous » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:30 pm

I suspect it doesn't matter to me if I die earlier in life if iI cannot eat what I want. The only way out that I see is to try harder to eat foods I love, except that when I reach 2000 calories on a working day, or 1500 calories on a lazy day, I stop eating unless hungry and then have peanut butter, fruits, potatoes, or tomatoes till hunger is sated.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:09 am

I think I finally have something I may be able to follow.On days I don't work, I am not under big stress at night. So I eat up to about 1300 calories during the day. At night if I am hungry, I will have peanut butter, plain potatoes, fruits, or tomatoes as much as needed for hunger.

On days I do work, I have a very different strategy in mind. I will share that only if I try it and it works.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:24 pm

I notice that the more support I feel here, the less food I need to eat!
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:51 pm

mikeisjoyous wrote:I suspect it doesn't matter to me if I die earlier in life if iI cannot eat what I want. The only way out that I see is to try harder to eat foods I love, except that when I reach 2000 calories on a working day, or 1500 calories on a lazy day, I stop eating unless hungry and then have peanut butter, fruits, potatoes, or tomatoes till hunger is sated.
I wish for me it was as easy as "eat what I enjoy most, die earlier". Instead, I find that it's more like "eat what I enjoy most, endure lower quality of life the next day."
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:29 pm

I hear you guy. How overweight are you? I am about 120pounds too much. Mike :search:
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:04 pm

My latest weigh-in saw me at 161 lbs with a BMI just over 25. So overweight is not an issue for me. Rather, there are food intolerances that add, multiply, exponentiate to cause brain fog, fatigue and apathy. If I let myself eat what I want, I might as well be a zombie. (Hmm I wonder, are human brains low carb? They run on glucose....)

And there's an idea for you, if you're willing. Commit to publicizing your stats. That used to motivate me, so I would avoid junk food on Mondays and Tuesdays since my weigh-ins typically occur on Wednesdays.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:46 am

It's a thought, Guy. How much weight do you want to lose?
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:29 pm

I suppose I'd like to lose 5 more pounds. But if I stayed at 161, I'd be satisfied.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:49 pm

HI, Mike,

I think you're finding out what works for you and what doesn't. Our bodies are all different, and one weight-loss program does not suit everyone.

Low carb and small portions works the best for me, I've found. (And yes, I'm still overweight, and losing weight is still hard for me.) s

I'm wishing success for both of us.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Informal Success Teams