Weight Loss Made Joyous

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: Weight Loss Made Joyous

Postby mikeisjoyous » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:30 pm

I suspect it doesn't matter to me if I die earlier in life if iI cannot eat what I want. The only way out that I see is to try harder to eat foods I love, except that when I reach 2000 calories on a working day, or 1500 calories on a lazy day, I stop eating unless hungry and then have peanut butter, fruits, potatoes, or tomatoes till hunger is sated.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:09 am

I think I finally have something I may be able to follow.On days I don't work, I am not under big stress at night. So I eat up to about 1300 calories during the day. At night if I am hungry, I will have peanut butter, plain potatoes, fruits, or tomatoes as much as needed for hunger.

On days I do work, I have a very different strategy in mind. I will share that only if I try it and it works.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:24 pm

I notice that the more support I feel here, the less food I need to eat!
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:51 pm

mikeisjoyous wrote:I suspect it doesn't matter to me if I die earlier in life if iI cannot eat what I want. The only way out that I see is to try harder to eat foods I love, except that when I reach 2000 calories on a working day, or 1500 calories on a lazy day, I stop eating unless hungry and then have peanut butter, fruits, potatoes, or tomatoes till hunger is sated.
I wish for me it was as easy as "eat what I enjoy most, die earlier". Instead, I find that it's more like "eat what I enjoy most, endure lower quality of life the next day."
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:29 pm

I hear you guy. How overweight are you? I am about 120pounds too much. Mike :search:
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:04 pm

My latest weigh-in saw me at 161 lbs with a BMI just over 25. So overweight is not an issue for me. Rather, there are food intolerances that add, multiply, exponentiate to cause brain fog, fatigue and apathy. If I let myself eat what I want, I might as well be a zombie. (Hmm I wonder, are human brains low carb? They run on glucose....)

And there's an idea for you, if you're willing. Commit to publicizing your stats. That used to motivate me, so I would avoid junk food on Mondays and Tuesdays since my weigh-ins typically occur on Wednesdays.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:46 am

It's a thought, Guy. How much weight do you want to lose?
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:29 pm

I suppose I'd like to lose 5 more pounds. But if I stayed at 161, I'd be satisfied.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Informal Success Teams