Online Success Team For Entrepreneurs

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Online Success Team For Entrepreneurs

Postby Moonglow » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:30 pm

Warm greetings to everyone, Is anyone out there SERIOUSLY interested in creating their own business? That is where I am at and I would love to network with like minded people either online or over the phone. I myself am trying to create an Internet business. Whether you're interested in creating a website that can make money or a more traditional brick and mortar business ... share your thoughts on this forum or your email address with me privately. We don't need a whole lot of people - just a few highly compatible ones who are serious. Lastly, the subject of 'making money' always draws a lot of spam about business 'opportunities' and clueless people. That is NOT what this post is about. No, you can NOT make 50k a year, stuffing envelopes, in your underwear while you watch tv! <smile> I am looking for people who already have their own ideas for businesses (or are close to that point) and are at a stage where they are ready - or have already started - to make these ideas a REALITY. If we could get together a small group of people who are each committed to creating a successful business ... I think it would be very empowering to meet virtually on a regular schedule and compare notes about our progress ... and where we've stumbled ... ask for help in terms of resources ... that kind of thing. I doubt if that is going to happen in the near future but I myself would be willing to participate in such a group - even if it takes a year to form. All the best, Moonglow
Moonglow
New Poster
New Poster

Postby MOrocks » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:10 pm

Well, that's worthwhile. It may be hard to get a group that stays together online. But it's worth a try. I am a terminal procrastinator interested in an online/eBay/wholesale-to-art-galleries, artisan jewelry business. My worst obstacle is myself! Getting rolling is, well, like rolling a big snowball uphill during a blizzard, but I will get that sucker up the hill eventually. I wonder if a combo online/phone group might work. Wish I were in the same area as you. Face to face is helpful, even once in a while. The hard part of online-only is keeping the momentum, especially for slow typists like me! Good luck, post your progress. Darlene Reger :)
Darlene Reger "one of a kind jewelry for unique people" MOgems.com
MOrocks
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Moonglow » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:20 pm

Hi Darlene, Thanks for responding to my post. A few other people have done so also. If there ever get to be enough people, I will email everyone and see what the interest level is at that time. I can really relate to what you said in your response. I struggle with the same stuff. I was also intrigued by your business idea. One of my ideas is to work with artisans and sell their stuff. Perhaps we can even collaborate at some point ... Thanks for writing. Moonglow
Moonglow
New Poster
New Poster

Postby MOrocks » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:39 am

Elsewhere on this board there are some posts with info on teleconferencing. With a defined topic, or outline, and gentle guidance from a moderator for staying on topic, that might be one way to go. Keep it in mind. In what way did you visualize representing artisans? Artist's rep? Gallery owner? Other? I might be interested. Darlene
MOrocks
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Moonglow » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:06 am

Hi Darlene, Simply selling artisan stuff direct to consumers through a web site. I know that sounds like a pretty simplistic idea for a business ... In reality, I recognize that there are a number of very serious obstacles to overcome. Towering above all others is the problem of driving sufficient traffic to such a website - the problem that all artisan websites stuggle with. Well, I've got some creative ideas to solve that problem and some of the others that i recognize. Whether they would work is the 64k question. However, I think they are worth a try because the payoff could be large. As I said, I have many different kindsof ideas for Internet busiensses. The above is on my list but not at the top. Take care, Moonglow
Moonglow
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Wogglebug » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:40 pm

Hi Moonglow, another Darlene here. I am just six months away from leaving my job of 17 years and starting my own online porcelain doll business. I don't know if I have the time to be a full time member of a network but I think it's a great idea. I'd like to join in part time, if that's alright? Good luck, Wogs
Wogglebug
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby MOrocks » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:33 am

Moonglow: Are you free to discuss what is at the top of the list? Don't give away any trade secrets, just the basics. Hope your progress is faster than mine. Wogs: Welcome! Sounds like a nice niche, porcelean dolls. I, for one, would like to hear about it. How do you market to your prospective customers? Darlene Reger
MOrocks
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Wogglebug » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:20 pm

Hi Darlene: Right now I sell mostly at a local coffee shop to the tourists. Soon, I will be concentrating mostly on the internet though, starting with Ebay and and Ebay store.
Wogs
Wogglebug
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby MOrocks » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:00 am

:D Great, Wogs. Nice to have a tourist market. Is your eBay ID or web URL on your merchandise hang tags? :wink: :idea: Do you know: you can use your eBay listings to point people to your About Me Page. and then say for more information about dolls go to mysite.com, where along with your informative web site chock full of fascinating info, you can link to your web catalog? That is, last I knew, eBay legal. (What's not, is to link to an independent web site directly from your listing.) Of course, you can also link back to your eBay store from a web site. More marketing. If you already knew all that, maybe this info will be helpful to others on this list. :lol: Darlene
MOrocks
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Wogglebug » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:44 am

Thanks Darlene. The next step on my business plan, after I open the ebay store, is to build a website and link it to my store/about me page. Isn't Ebay great! :D I just ordered another kiln, on Ebay naturally. It's a smaller kiln and will allow me to produce dolls much faster and with less expense. Moonglow, I think your idea of selling artisan stuff direct to consumers via a web site is a great idea. One of the off shoots of my business plan is to offer to sell local artists' work online, for a fee.
Wogs
Wogglebug
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby MOrocks » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:06 am

:D Wogs, you rock. You've cut out a lot of work. Let me know how the steps are going! Can I come over and use your kiln? (Just kidding, I'm in rural north central Missouri, not close to any city.) Darlene
MOrocks
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby tui » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:26 am

Interested in participating in an online support team but teleconferencing is out for me (the toll bill would be horrendous!)
tui
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Wogglebug » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:56 pm

Hi tui. I'm not sure what's going on with the online support team but I agree teleconferencing would be out for me too.
Wogs
Wogglebug
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Scanner » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:16 pm

Add me to the list. I'm new here... in fact this is my first post, and I am at a point that I want to pick up one of several ideas and run with it... or perhaps take several paths. Ever considered using a list server for this group?
Scanner
New User
New User

Postby Wogglebug » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:45 pm

Hi Scanner, Welcome to the boards. I'm not sure what ever happened to this topic but it sort of died out. I haven't heard if a group was ever actually started. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Wogs
Wogglebug
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Next

Return to Informal Success Teams