Online Success Team For Entrepreneurs

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby expatana » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:29 pm

This enquiring mind also wants to know: Is the group still operating? I'd love to join as I've some ideas already for online freelancing -- only a few but they're a start. I just don't know how to do anything to begin, and need a network. Very isolated here. Ana
expatana
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby happykat » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:43 pm

I have been told that this group operates mainly via private messaging. So leave your post there, and hopefully someone will contact you!
happykat
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby ubu » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:19 pm

Hi all -- sorry for the delay in responding, been consumed by other things. But I am definitely still interested in any forum about people helping each other to succeed. If I can offer a few thoughts -- it might be that this particular thread is just in need of "new blood", so to speak. It is rather old (10+ pages, after all!) and so it may be a bit hard for others to get a handle on what the original purpose was all about. I propose that a new thread be started. And Happykat, I think you'd be an excellent one to start that off, if you're willing? You could title it anything you want, of course, but an idea or two might be: "Online Entrepreneurial Brainstorming II", or maybe even "Online Entrepreneurial Success Teams, Continued". Then all that would be needed for your first post would be an intro paragraph stating what we hope to accomplish together (e.g., help each other succeed, and brainstorm ideas for success) as well as (perhaps) making a cross-reference to this thread for further reference. I think this approach might draw fresh "membership", as well as reach some of the former membership that may have lost touch with this thread overtime. I, for one, promise I would watch for your post and would join in! Also, PMing tends to be a one-on-one scenario, and as such the "audience" is limited. This is good for "off-line" conversations on a 1:1 basis, but not for group input so much. Just some rambling thoughts. Let me know what you think.
ubu
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby expatana » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:02 pm

I'm all for starting a new thread: Online and remote entrepreneurs -- making it this year. We could brainstorm the ideas we already have (and we all already have ideas, right? I know I do), then decide which ones to pursue, gather our info together, share it, share contacts, too, when possible (important in any Team) then help each other each week or whenever. Game? Ana
expatana
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby ubu » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:29 pm

I'm game. That is - if the new thread has room for someone already in business, but looking for a support team that will help with brainstorming ideas on how to grow that business, as well as keeping me accountable for weekly baby steps toward goals? In return, I'd welcome the opportunity to support other team members in their own goals and "baby steps" ownership, as well as brainstorming. I think the only thing remaining is: a volunteer to start the new thread! Whose up for it?
ubu
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Exit_Strategy » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:56 pm

I've been having a hard time getting anyone local to do either an Idea Party or a Success Team. Since it appears the face-to-face thing isn't going to happen as quickly as I'd like, I'm opting to investigate an online group. I had set up, in anticipation of that, a Yahoo Group because it included a chat function. I thought that might make the brainstorming a little more fluid. Since I need a support team, I'd like to extend an invitation to y'all to come on over, see what you think, and if it would maybe serve as a homebase. It's at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thinktank_central/ Comments, suggestions, etc are most welcome! Deb
Exit_Strategy
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Exit_Strategy » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:03 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm chomping at the bit to launch my business (gift baskets, to start) and get out of the mortgage industry grind. I plan on using my contacts in the mortgage business to build a customer base & branch out from there as the opportunities arise. I've already got one former loan officer willing to strong arm a couple of his new co-workers into buying from me! :lol: Deb
Exit_Strategy
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby happykat » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:22 pm

Exit_Strategy wrote:I've been having a hard time getting anyone local to do either an Idea Party or a Success Team. Since it appears the face-to-face thing isn't going to happen as quickly as I'd like, I'm opting to investigate an online group. I had set up, in anticipation of that, a Yahoo Group because it included a chat function. I thought that might make the brainstorming a little more fluid. Since I need a support team, I'd like to extend an invitation to y'all to come on over, see what you think, and if it would maybe serve as a homebase. It's at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thinktank_central/ Comments, suggestions, etc are most welcome! Deb
joined it:)
happykat
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby expatana » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:24 pm

ubu, no problem with teammates who already have businesses. That's a fabulous idea because we can pick your brains as well as help you grow the business. Just be patient with those of us who've never been in business and know nothing about marketing or sales -- or whatever it is you're marketing. My suggestion was for online and remote businesses, not the brick-and-mortar kind. I believe we deserve a thread of our own for our Team. Can it be right here on this forum, or do we have to do private emails? I think if we're allowed, it should be right here because it's obviously technically easier and faster to access each other. Is the title "Online/Remote Businesses -- This Year" ok? If that's ok with everyone, I'll be happy to start and introduce it. Ana
expatana
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby expatana » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:26 pm

Deb, I like your idea of a Yahoo Group and for the same reason -- the chat function. Is your idea for a general Team, for anyone with dreams, or are you into the Online Entrepreneur thing? I want to get that straight -- although I guess I could just join both :-) Ana
expatana
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby expatana » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:33 pm

Just joined Thinktank, a general Team. (I am assuming it's a virtual Success Team, right?) Now, I'm game for forming an entrepreneurs' Team as well. Wanna stay in the forum or go to Yahoo Groups? I'm assuming ours is a fast-track team with people who already know they want to freelance or go into business. Ana
expatana
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Exit_Strategy » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:41 pm

I'm open to suggestions. I have no problem with two resources! LOL! I'm sure folks here would appreciate seeing some of us rookies hash out our obstacles (and perhaps avoid a pitfall) here. Perhaps we could use the Yahoo Group as a place to track our progress and be our accountability log, so to speak. And, of course, the chat is ideal for brainstorming. Wow, y'all got me cranked up now! I'm lovin' it already. Deb
Exit_Strategy
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby happykat » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:43 pm

ubu wrote:Hi all -- sorry for the delay in responding, been consumed by other things. But I am definitely still interested in any forum about people helping each other to succeed. If I can offer a few thoughts -- it might be that this particular thread is just in need of "new blood", so to speak. It is rather old (10+ pages, after all!) and so it may be a bit hard for others to get a handle on what the original purpose was all about. I propose that a new thread be started. And Happykat, I think you'd be an excellent one to start that off, if you're willing? You could title it anything you want, of course, but an idea or two might be: "Online Entrepreneurial Brainstorming II", or maybe even "Online Entrepreneurial Success Teams, Continued". Then all that would be needed for your first post would be an intro paragraph stating what we hope to accomplish together (e.g., help each other succeed, and brainstorm ideas for success) as well as (perhaps) making a cross-reference to this thread for further reference. I think this approach might draw fresh "membership", as well as reach some of the former membership that may have lost touch with this thread overtime. I, for one, promise I would watch for your post and would join in! Also, PMing tends to be a one-on-one scenario, and as such the "audience" is limited. This is good for "off-line" conversations on a 1:1 basis, but not for group input so much. Just some rambling thoughts. Let me know what you think.
Just posted the new thread. I just realized though, I may have misunderstood the use of the word "online", thinking that it just meant that the team is an online one. My business itself is not online.
happykat
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby ubu » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:56 pm

I'd love to follow everyone over to thinktank, but I'm afraid of personal overload: I currently work a full time job, in addition to overseeing the business and website functions of PJ's Gifts (both a physical store and a website - since I'm in charge of the website and my husband runs the store except for the financial end, my interest in the forum team was to promote and grow the website portion of the business), as well as maintaining my own blog (to pursue my love of writing), as well as being a full-time mom and grandma! I am familiar (tho certainly no pro) with the ops of this board service - I'm afraid having to learn the ins and outs of another system would send my poor little pea brain into a tail spin!! How does everyone feel about staying here, but with a fresh thread? Thinktank could also proceed at the same time. Be candid, please. If y'all would prefer to go over to thinktank - that is exactly what should happen.
ubu
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Exit_Strategy » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:02 pm

I can do both. ubu, please don't feel obligated to join the Yahoo Group. I just wanted to make it available as an additional tool.
Exit_Strategy
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Informal Success Teams