Online Success Team For Entrepreneurs

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby EAC-TECH.COM » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:56 pm

COOL !! I see this whole process as similar to running a marathon... You can keep pace or even slow down but if you quit, you have no chance to win the race at all. Keep going runners, you can do it !! :D :D :D
EAC-TECH.COM
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby tui » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:28 pm

EAC - I'm still delighted! Wogglebug - last week coming up and spring starting to come in. That extra income will likely ease the transition for you. Hope you're well and immune to all cold germs! Might either/both of you share how you came to settle on your product or service? This is the area I'm finding very tough. If I'm going to give my heart to something I'd like it to be big, faceted, absorbing. At the moment I'm more interested in routes than destinations. t.
tui
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby EAC-TECH.COM » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:27 pm

I have been battling allergies and hay fever lately. But other than that things are great !! My big client had some major computer issues and I came in and saved the day. They love me. They even bought me lunch !! My job interview went very well but they said I was over qualified and that I might get bored. they run some really old computer systems. I am not sure that the job is going to work out. It would be like trying to become a gourmet chef by working at McDonald's. HEHEHEHE. As far as choosing a Passion, it has to be something that makes your curious and interested. What do you like to do alot of.... What do you really LOVE to do? With me, its law, computers, car mechanics, electronics. Anything involving a complex system that has many various problems to solve. It could have been in diagnostic medicine or stock market trading or DNA research, nanotechnology. Who knows. It really help that the areas are new, technical or complex, that most people dont understand. I guess you could do something like cooking if you do it in a new and unique way. I like cooking too but living in the restaurant capital of the world, here in Houston, I probably would not get very far. So what do you love to do ? Its usually something that come easily to you and its definitely something you already like.
EAC-TECH.COM
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby tui » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:48 am

EAC - I'm not sure about 'love to'. It's when there is a big, long-term mission I believe in. Getting the right bodies into the game. Building the supporting culture and alliances. Doing the surprising things and the amazingly dull (collate 200 copies of 100 pages by hand because the photocopier threw a fit...) Whatever it takes. Persuading, including, speaking well of. poaching terrific people. Knitting the personal dreams into a massive multi-win. I've done it before and we were doing deliciously well - until there was a change of government and ideology. (Ah, the dark days of the 1980s.) I tried again in the 90s. New place. Too many cardboard cutouts on the bus and I had no way to get them off. So I did other things, but I miss the complexity and the glee and stuff. That really came home to me in '03 on a course I did. Not enough time to turn my gang into the winners they wanted to be but doubted so much they could. There was a 'quiet time' in the course and the old armour-plating gave way for a while. That's partly why I said I'm not suited to working from home. As far as I can tell, it takes peculiar circumstances to let the likes of me in to where I can provoke the changes and work them through. I have less charisma than flat beer and I do not cope well with the 'boss'-type people or bureaucracy. We play more like a jazz combo than a football team - and I like it like that. A gap in the smug, but they're rare. So I thought I'd try for myself, as you do. Except I'm stuck at the bit that indicates the general 'industry' area. Did you do any more on nanotechnology? That's a fascinating area, but I'd like to know more about the consequences, I think. Thanks for asking. Much appreciated. Apologies for the rant.
tui
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Wogglebug » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:27 am

Hi Guys, I'm still here just incredibly busy. I'll try to catch up this weekend and Florida is still on!
Wogs
Wogglebug
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby EAC-TECH.COM » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:44 am

Tui, I don't know what industry you are working in now but from your description, it sounds like you would love being a General contractor or Project manager. They deal with both crisis times and slow times, they orchestrate groups and people and get things done on a schedule and under budget. They are like the coach of a huge football team. Gotta run off to another computer crisis but I will be back later. Happy Easter and have great other holidays. (Sorry I don't know what other holidays occur around this time, Passover maybe?)
EAC-TECH.COM
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby tui » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:07 pm

The Last Post (on this thread, from me) It's come to me over the last few weeks that I'm watching two terrific people moving forward in a different phase from mine. I'm delighted that it should be so. I'd like it for me, too, but I'm still in the changing sheds, not the water, so I'm stepping back, taking off my sneakers, and psyching myself into doing the thinking only I can do. Thank you both for affirming 'It can be and is done'. When I get these knots undone I'll maybe be posting on the Success site. For those passing by, I have PM'd both my co-venturers before lodging this post. t.
tui
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby EAC-TECH.COM » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:11 pm

I called the credit card merchant account people today. The lady was really nice in explaining everything and helping me. For some reason it costs you more to punch in the credit card numbers by hand then to swipe the card in the scanner's slot. That does not make sense to me but whatever. My rate will be 2.39% plus 20 cents per transaction, and $6.00 per month for a statement. I hope that's a good rate. I will shop around some more. The basic terminal and printer cost $50.00 each; that's not too bad.
EAC-TECH.COM
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby EAC-TECH.COM » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:43 pm

Anyone still here ?
EAC-TECH.COM
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Moonracer » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:37 am

Lurking, yes.
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby EAC-TECH.COM » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:32 am

Entering the scary world of project bidding. I probably bit off more than I can chew as far as the rules and requirements but I am going for it, anyway. "Damn, the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" or whatever.
EAC-TECH.COM
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Moonracer » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:37 am

Good for you. You can't get the work if you don't go for it!
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby ubu » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:25 pm

Moonracer, Tui, Wogs ... Please add me to your list of interested entrepreneurs! My husband and I started a small gift business January of this year. We have both an actual store, as well as a web sales site. As they say, necessity is often the mother of invention - the business came from the need/desire to help my husband, who became disabled 3 years ago from a fall. Thus, he runs the store, and I run the "behind the scenes" ops, like website content, fliers, advertising, etc. - while holding down a full-time job. Truth of the matter is, I need all the ideas I can get! I'm such a complete novice at this! I've always gotten a kick out of "brainstorming" with others, and this sounds like what you guys had in mind for the team. And I love trying to help others. We're doing OK, but I'm needing to know how to increase business. Store is located in a very small, somewhat economically depressed town; I'm always looking for ways to help my husband increase "traffic", while also giving back to the community. Same for the website. Besides growing the business -- I'm just plain interested in being connected! Thanks!
ubu
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

success

Postby webmaestro » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:59 am

What is the link to your website?
Web site Designer in the Global Village http://www.mississaugawebsites.ca
webmaestro
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Creative Sage » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:59 pm

I just discovered this thread--it seems like a great idea. Are the original posters still here? When I have a bit more time, I'll come back and post, as I am an entrepeneur who is now attempting to juggle several enterprises and make a transition in my priorities. Thanks for starting this thread. 8) Cathryn/Creative Sage TM
Creative Sage
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Informal Success Teams