Online Success Team For Entrepreneurs

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby EAC-TECH.COM » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:11 pm

I called the credit card merchant account people today. The lady was really nice in explaining everything and helping me. For some reason it costs you more to punch in the credit card numbers by hand then to swipe the card in the scanner's slot. That does not make sense to me but whatever. My rate will be 2.39% plus 20 cents per transaction, and $6.00 per month for a statement. I hope that's a good rate. I will shop around some more. The basic terminal and printer cost $50.00 each; that's not too bad.
EAC-TECH.COM
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby EAC-TECH.COM » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:43 pm

Anyone still here ?
EAC-TECH.COM
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Moonracer » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:37 am

Lurking, yes.
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby EAC-TECH.COM » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:32 am

Entering the scary world of project bidding. I probably bit off more than I can chew as far as the rules and requirements but I am going for it, anyway. "Damn, the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" or whatever.
EAC-TECH.COM
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Moonracer » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:37 am

Good for you. You can't get the work if you don't go for it!
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby ubu » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:25 pm

Moonracer, Tui, Wogs ... Please add me to your list of interested entrepreneurs! My husband and I started a small gift business January of this year. We have both an actual store, as well as a web sales site. As they say, necessity is often the mother of invention - the business came from the need/desire to help my husband, who became disabled 3 years ago from a fall. Thus, he runs the store, and I run the "behind the scenes" ops, like website content, fliers, advertising, etc. - while holding down a full-time job. Truth of the matter is, I need all the ideas I can get! I'm such a complete novice at this! I've always gotten a kick out of "brainstorming" with others, and this sounds like what you guys had in mind for the team. And I love trying to help others. We're doing OK, but I'm needing to know how to increase business. Store is located in a very small, somewhat economically depressed town; I'm always looking for ways to help my husband increase "traffic", while also giving back to the community. Same for the website. Besides growing the business -- I'm just plain interested in being connected! Thanks!
ubu
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

success

Postby webmaestro » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:59 am

What is the link to your website?
Web site Designer in the Global Village http://www.mississaugawebsites.ca
webmaestro
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Creative Sage » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:59 pm

I just discovered this thread--it seems like a great idea. Are the original posters still here? When I have a bit more time, I'll come back and post, as I am an entrepeneur who is now attempting to juggle several enterprises and make a transition in my priorities. Thanks for starting this thread. 8) Cathryn/Creative Sage TM
Creative Sage
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby ubu » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:53 pm

Webmaestro: Thanks for the great idea! Should have been a no brainer, but as you can tell I've got a lot to learn! I've updated my profile to show our website link, but fyi it's: http://www.pjs-gifts.com. Creative Sage: Welcome aboard!
ubu
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Wogglebug » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:22 am

Hi Ubu and others. I'm one of the original posters to this topic. It sort of faded out. I'd be willing to join into any discussions. I'm working pretty hard at opening a gallery right now so my communications will be few and far between for a while. Look forward to hearing from you. Wogs
Wogs
Wogglebug
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby ubu » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:20 am

Thanks for the Welcome, Wogs! Don't worry about scant check-ins; I for one have been browsing the other threads/boards and have gathered a bunch of ideas, thoughts to ponder, and web links! So, any kind of check-in, on any schedule, is always welcome I should think. How is your gallery opening going? I, too, am interested in keeping this thread going if others are. Just some wondering thoughts. Chat again soon!
ubu
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby tui » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:36 am

Still here and willing to join in on brainstorming, idea sharing and so forth. tui.
tui
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby tui » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:46 pm

Whatever it says on the clock, the time for me is 1440hrs NZST on September 12. Twelve hours ahead of GMT. E-biz sounds interesting. My local Chamber of Commerce has been running some very useful free seminars how to 'be seen, get know, move ahead, using this medium. Some of it I almost understand! I'm still at the stage of picking up the jargon. Thanks for stopping by.
tui
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Wogglebug » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:28 pm

Well, the Gallery is open. I'm exhausted. I'm worried that we didn't hire the right person to be gallery manager. (I did not hire her) I'm pulling back from the gallery project to recommit to my ebay and online business. I feel completely drained. Hope everyone else is doing well on their projects. Wogs
Wogs
Wogglebug
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby ubu » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:24 pm

Whew! Thanks Tui for the Boards Time Lesson! The time I saw was saying 2AM, but if you're twelve hours ahead, then of course that'd be the much more reasonable time of 2PM! DOH - I should have known! Welcome back Wogs! (hope you don't mind the abbreviated handle?). Congrats on the Gallery opening! What a project! I'm a complete novice at this whole internet, ebiz, ecommerce thing too -- but I have to admit I'm having fun! Right now, though, I'm gonna take my leave and stumble off to bed. Worked far too long last night (wee hours of the morning), and I'm bleary eyed and fuzzy brained! Chat again soon!
ubu
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Informal Success Teams