Talent Bank Task Force

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby Fastalaskan » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:50 pm

Also, now's the time to speak up if you want anything added or changed on the chart summaries. I won't mind, it'll only help. Either add it in the Word doc you receive or add it here. I had thought about pulling in people to help with the summary, but I don't think it would've worked. It would've meant asking someone else to read through the 200 threads in this topic. But now that everything's laid out, it should be easy to suggest things. My whole intent was to make it short and quick so Barbara and task force members can quickly answer. So maybe that left things hard to figure out? If you have questions please let Tricia know. I noticed that Docsue answered the second one and sent it to all of us. She had some questions.
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for." -- John Lubbock
Fastalaskan
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Fastalaskan » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:38 pm

Ok, taskforce. Tricia is going to be building her house after Oct. 4. I heard it through the grapevine that Barbara may have free time by October. (I volunteer for HOH also.) So I say send in the H-levels for the charts by then. I'm confident we can get feedback from Barbara to proceed. Tricia, I vote that even if we've only received a couple responses to still forward it to Barbara before your housebuilding project. So we can have feedback. That's what I think this team has had trouble with. Great ideas, but not knowing what the leader wants. Come on guys, speak up and be heard.
Fastalaskan
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby DreamThief » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:17 pm

Hi Cathryn, I'm using the tables that Tonia created and several team members filled out to send a summary of our work to Barbara. After that I think we're going to take a sabbatical until Barbara re-activates us. Tonia is working with Barbara on other projects as well, and those projects seem to have a higher priority for now. I had asked for everyone's tables by October first but I've been delayed, so if you get yours to me by Monday 7pm EST I'll include your responses in the summary. Thank you to all of you for investing so much of your time and effort on this project over the past 6 months, I hope to work with you all again soon. Sincerely, Tricia / DreamThief
:D I'll treat your dream like my own until it's fulfilled.
DreamThief
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby docsue » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:49 am

Just checking in to see if there's anything else to do.
docsue
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Fastalaskan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:45 pm

Hi docsue, I think Tricia will be sending the summary to Barbara to get feedback soon. If you have any other ideas between then let us know and we can discuss it here, but I got your email which you sent to everyone on the database criteria. If you've sent Tricia your feedback on that and also the website criteria, I think we're waiting. But it doesn't mean don't discuss anything here. If you have anything to add or a new idea to discuss, that's great. Or questions about the summary.
Fastalaskan
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby DreamThief » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:50 pm

Hi folks, My washing machine flooded my bathroom and upset all of my "best laid plans", but I'm half way through the summary and I'll finish up tomorrow. Sorry for the delays, life got hectic. Tricia / DreamThief
DreamThief
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby DreamThief » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:16 am

Hi everyone, I've sent the summary out to all of you via e-mail for review. If all of your responses are OK you can just post a note here. If you want to make changes please make them in the table and send it back to me. Thanks! Tricia / DreamThief
DreamThief
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby DreamThief » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:10 pm

Hey Everyone! I just had a brainstorm on the website name! I was mulling over the DreamCatchers idea and reversed it to CatchDreamers, which is what people searching our database want to do. It's available in .com, .net and .org! I just received an invitation to the taping of Barbara's new TV program and I've e-mailed her with hopes of chatting with her about the database while she's here. (Nov. 4 and 5) . I sent our summary chart to her on the 13th, but if I can get some team feedback about CatchDreamers I'll e-mail it to Barbara separately. Thanks! Tricia / DreamThief
DreamThief
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

DreamThief Alert !

Postby Rascal » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:53 pm

Tricia asked me to post the following information: Her son has been hospitalized with Croup and she will be out of contact for several days.... And nowhere near a computer. :( She is still hoping to be able to attend the seminars in Albany, but isn't sure. It will depend on how her son is doing. Tricia asked that I make sure Barbara and FastAlaskan get the message. Thanks Rascal
Rascal
New User
New User

Postby DreamThief » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:46 am

Hi Team, Just a reminder that we're moving EmployAGenius.com discussions back onto Barbara's bulletin boards. The power was out in our town on Thursday and we had to spend a night in a hotel, but we're settled back in now. Tricia / DreamThief
DreamThief
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby DreamThief » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:18 pm

Hi team, Does anyone have experience setting up a Not-for-Profit? Do you know anyone who has done it? Jennifer is creating the database and we need to prepare a permanent home for it. We also need to figure out how to come up with some start-up cash to pay for the first couple of months of server space until the database can generate some of its own cash. Thanks! Tricia / DreamThief
DreamThief
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby DreamThief » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:53 pm

Hi Jennifer, The database screen-shot you sent to us is fantastic! I'm impressed that you found a way for people to list as many skills as they want. I'm curious about the Projects, Clients, and Time_Billed tables. How do you envision us using them? Is the "functional skills" table for miscellaneous stuff I know how to do but don't necessarily want to do as a job? I'm glad you found a way to include the rating system. I'll copy this message onto the bulletin board so visitors can hear about our progress. Best wishes, Tricia / DreamThief
DreamThief
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby DreamThief » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:52 pm

Happy Thanksgiving team! See you next week. Tricia / DreamThief
DreamThief
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby DreamThief » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:36 pm

Welcome back everyone. Here's a new question we didn't have to think about when we expected to hand this back to Barbara: What state shall we form the non-profit in? I'm in New York, where are the rest of you? Tricia / DreamThief
DreamThief
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby docsue » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:30 am

Well, Barbara lives in New York as well. I've heard that Maryland is supposed to be THE state to incorporate in, but I have no idea why. Let's all ask around and see if we can find someone who has done this who will be able to tell us in which state the process is easiest.
docsue
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Informal Success Teams