Discussion group for musicians/artists/creatives

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Discussion group for musicians/artists/creatives

Postby Jane B » Sat May 21, 2005 10:42 am

Hi, I'm thinking I'd like to start an online discussion group (like a Yahoo group, for instance) for people serious about music and perhaps other artistic activities. I guess it could also extend to people interested in other aspects of art careers, such as managing, producing artists, etc. as we could obviously help each other out. I'd rather do it in the form of a discussion group than an actual "success team" as I have doubts about the efficacy of such groups when they are done on-line. But I certainly would like a place where creatives can connect and chat. Let me know if there are any other people interested in such a group. Jane
Jane B
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby DesertRose » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:43 pm

Hi Jane B! I think it's a great idea :!: Very cool! 8) Count me in. By the way, you rule :!:
Due to my current course schedule, I no longer have time to frequent this bbs. I am still available for guitar-related questions at Jimmysgirl69@earthlink.net
DesertRose
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Muse-ecology » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:56 pm

Jane, Please count me in! I won't be able to be active until mid-September, but this sounds like a great discussion group.
Muse-ecology
New Poster
New Poster

Postby furryhats » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:42 pm

Yowzee...I need this. Let me know if you need help setting this up.
furryhats
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Catgirl » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:24 pm

I'd be interested, too! Catgirl
Catgirl
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mezzogoch » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:07 pm

Count me in. I think you have keen interest here.
mezzogoch
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Thinkchick » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:11 pm

Hi, I would definitely be interested. This comes at a time when I've been trying to make the time and find the motivation to re-launch and Canadian music-related web site. I'm going through a separation and need something like this to keep me positive. I have lots of resources for the blues in Canada but I'm sure lots of these could be benificial to others on the group.
Thinkchick
New Poster
New Poster

Postby jazzdiva_reincarnated » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:32 am

just wondered...has anything come of this yet? jazzdiva
jazzdiva_reincarnated
New User
New User

Postby anuka » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:22 pm

I would also be interested in this group. I'm looking for at least a place to check in on progress with several areas of musical study this fall - would be great to have some music-centered outside accountability, though I do understand this would not be a success group but a discussion group. Any progress with Yahoo? Thanks
anuka
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Jane B » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:10 pm

Hey folks, Okay, I suddenly woke up and realized that this thread I started many months ago has gained momentum...and I was totally elsewhere (literally...I got busy with a summer tour after posting this and afterwards I just forgot all about it!! That's my artistic lunacy for sure!). Well I sent a PM or e-mail to all those of you who have posted here (sorry if you didn't get it, my mistake). To any others who are interested, I am willing to get this idea started after the holidays if enough people demonstrate interest. Let me know by e-mail, PM or by posting here if you want to join, and we'll start a Yahoo group or something. And yes, this would be more of a discussion group than a success team. Cheers, Jane B
Jane B
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Jane B » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:48 pm

Hello again! Happy new year to all of you! Well, after I re-kindled the idea of this forum, I obtained sufficient replies to consider it worth creating the yahoo group. You can join here: http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/4m4creatives/ Hope to see you there!
Jane B
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Andreya » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:23 am

Hi! Just curious about this group. Is it mainly for musicians or for people who do other things too? (I'm a 'multiple' - writing a novel - my first :P , songwriting, singing, also interested in doing Art, theatre etc. I'd love to find a place where people doing 'multi' art stuff hang out) A bit weary of yahoo groups though, find forums or livejournal communities easier to access & keep track of.
Andreya
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to Informal Success Teams