Start informal success team-Los Angeles area

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby Gist » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:06 pm

Sunday 2/5 afternoon & evening is open for me, from about 3 pm. Latest I'd want to wrap up is 8 or 9 or so. I don't think we'll actually need all that time, that's just the range I have available. I've made several drives from the Valley to downtown to make meetings possible. I'd prefer to go no further then the Studio City area this time - to save both time and gas money. Here are my criteria for a perfect meeting place: Easy to get to Easy safe close-in parking Quiet We can definitely have a conversation without disturbing other people Comfortable Smoke-free Lots of natural light without glare Some food to munch at a reasonable price - ideally, a decent meal for $5 No time pressure Free Indoors (since we have the cool desert wind these days) Table and power plug so I can take notes on my laptop (wi-fi is nice but not needed) Clean restrooms Also nice to have outdoor seating in case we meet on a beautiful, warm enough day to be outside I'd like to get as many of these features as possible. The food court by USC, by the way, has everything on my list except "easy to get to" (about 35-45 minute drive each way for me) and "lots of natural light" (some, but not lots). I'd like to not have to go backwards just to save on the drive. I'm not familiar enough with that area to know what might fulfill these criteria. It does look like the North Hollywood library (Sun 1-5) might give us everything but "food" and "we can definitely have a conversation." This is a block from the end of the Valley Orange Line express bus line, so transit is easy. If there's a Borders cafe in the area, that could work well. I'm open to other ideas. This week, I'm not available to spend a lot of time looking for a venue.
Gist
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Gist » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:38 am

It looks like there won't be an informal L.A. success team until we have a group of people who are willing to work together to plan and commit to this happening. We had someone who met for a while, but then realized the Barbara Sher format isn't for her now. She wants specific help on individual projects from people doing the very same kinds of projects themselves. That's cool. Then we have, what, four people who are willing to complain there's no L.A. meeting near them, but not willing to make plans for a meeting near them? I feel that's not cool. I'm willing, but a team of one isn't enough! :( Maybe I need to focus on \"project buddies\" for now, and give up the hope of an informal success team in this town?
Gist
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to Informal Success Teams