Online Entrepreneurial Success Team, continued

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Postby Exit_Strategy » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:15 pm

Moonracer, How sweet of you! Thank you for thinking of me. I hate to put you to all that trouble, tho. I'll tell you what, since you bought it, I would trust that it has some good info it it. If you'd just tell me the name of the book & author, I can get it from my local library. I work about 5 min away from the main branch of the County Library. I'm betting they'll have it! That'll save us both some hassles and a few bucks. Btw, since you're in the Chicagoland area, do you know of any idea parties or Success Teams on the South Side? I'm just across the border and I'm not having any luck contacting my local team leader. Thanks, again, for your assistance! Deb
Exit_Strategy
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Moonracer » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:08 pm

I'm really happy to mail it to you if you'd like. No trouble at all. Off the top of my head, I don't remember the name of the book. I'd have to go find it. (I am a how-to book junkie. Especially when it comes to businesses.) I really have no need for it right now. I just couldn't stop myself from buying it. It was at a resale store and I'm an addict. :oops: I have a dear friend who lives in Highland, so if you'd like to drop it off at her house when you're done, I can pick it up on one of my visits. Then there'd be no cost to you. (Do I sound pushy? Sorry. Really, no worries either way. I just kind of get a kick out of being able to provide some little scrap of info that might be helpful. I won't say another word about it.) As for Success Teams, that's been tricky in the Chicagoland area. There is a girl who does them on the north side of the city and I can find her info if you'd like. She seems very on-top of things, though I've never met her myself. I'm in the western suburbs, and the person who used to handle my area has quit. She wasn't responding to email or phone calls. Those are the only people I know of. (I've been thinking about applying to become a team leader myself. But I don't know if that would be practical for you. :( ) Have you tried the Success Team thing on Barbara's main site? As I recall you can look up which teams are closest to you. Is that where you found the person you mentioned in IN?
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Exit_Strategy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:24 pm

Moonracer, I'm a book junkie as well, so I totally understand not being able to pass up a deal! As a matter of fact, my hubby has one sure-fire Christmas gift for me every year.... and that is my Barnes & Noble Gift Card. Match that up with my B&N membership card & I can stretch that baby for the whole year! :rofl: As long as finding & sending the book isn't a hassle for you, I'd be pleased to have an opportunity to read it. I'll slip my address to you in a PM. Actually, it might serve as a bit of a motivator for me. I'm stressing over the 9-5 :bash: and my focus on developing the business suffers for it. :? I'm sure there's a lot of information that I could use as I know very little about the nitty-gritty of the business. And, I'd be happy to drop it off at your friend's house or mail it back. I'm in Hobart, so Highland (my hubby's hometown!) is just down the road a piece. Besides, that would give you an excuse to come to Hoosierland and visit your buddy! As I was looking through some of the posts on the board, it does appear Chicagoland does have a tough time getting folks together. Of course, it's a huge area and that can really mess with coordinating things. As far as the local Leader, I did find her name on Barbara's list. I e-mailed her & didn't get a response. Maybe I should try again... For now, I'm using this site and my Yahoo site to help keep me moving. (Believe me, that's a big deal. :lol:) It would just be nice to have some 'face time' with someone local who really knows what this region is like. Ah well, it will work out like it's supposed to. I wouldn't mind a bit of travel for a meeting if it was on a once a month basis, but I think any more than that would be logistically difficult right now. I participated in a PeerSpirit Women's Circle for a couple of years that was based on the North Side. I was working in Westchester at the time, so it wasn't quite so hard then. Actually, it made the 100 mile roundtrip seem more worthwhile! Well, I can see I'm getting wordy, so I'll stop here. Thanks again, for your assistance and encouragement, Deb
Exit_Strategy
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby ubu » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:39 pm

Just a quick post before I stumble off to bed (pulled a near all-nighter last night, so I'm really bleary eyed and fuzzy brained - please forgive if this post ends up resembling early caveman dialect rather than English!), and that is to say this: All of this talk of Chicagoland area is really making me homesick! I grew up in and around Chicagoland. Then I join the Sherboards and find Deb and Moonracer and ST, to name just a few! Me thinks my dreams tonight will once again be of Lake Shore Drive, and Navy Pier, and Lake Michigan, and Rosemont, and Chicago's Chinatown (a childhood haunt), and .... zzzzzzzzzzz :)
ubu
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Exit_Strategy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:09 pm

Let me know if you need some Sliders or Viennas.... I'll see what I can do. :wink: Sweet dreams & rest well, ubu. Deb
Exit_Strategy
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby ubu » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:57 pm

Moonracer said:
(I've been thinking about applying to become a team leader myself. But I don't know if that would be practical for you.)
Here's a crazy idea that just popped into my head: Could online meetings work? I'm just brainstorming, but something like gotomeeting.com, or even just something like Yahoo PC-to-PC-Calling or Yahoo Messenger (if, for instance, only audio were required, and if everyone had a computer microphone). GoToMeeting.com, I believe, offers month-to-month billing that is fairly minimal (I've never tried it, just going off the info on their website); I'm assuming a team leader would have to charge, maybe, membership fees or something similar? One idea would be to split the cost of any online meetings evenly amongst all the members, maybe even as part of their membership fee? Of course, this wouldn't work if the feature wasn't used every month - but maybe something else would? I'm just envisioning that being able to gather a group of willing participants \"virtually\" on a regular basis, and be able to talk to each other and/or view slide shows or documentation \"live\" would be at least a step up from im-ing or emailing, altho still not as good as face to face. Still in all, if geography prevents the face to face for folks who would otherwise benefit from collaborating together, I'm thinking this might be a workable alternative? Don't be afraid to tell me if this is a bad idea .... I've had lots of them! :wink:
ubu
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Heather Duggan » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:11 pm

I use Yahoo messenger to hold idea parties - we've all got headphones/microphones set up. And I pair that with a free discussion space to use for brainstorming keeping notes. It's worked out really well for us - helps to keep the team together even when we can't physically get together.
Registered Success Team Leader Portland, OR
Heather Duggan
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Online Entrepreneurial Success Team, continued

Postby happykat » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Hi all, would anyone like this thread to get up and running again?
happykat
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to Informal Success Teams