A European, English-speaking success team

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Which continent do you spend most time on?

Asia
No votes
Africa
No votes
Australasia
11%
Europe
67%
South America
No votes
North America
22%
Antarctica
No votes
At Sea or in Outer Space
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 18

Postby skannie » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:23 pm

Hi Ana Sorry I wasn't clear enough there. You don't need to get the software, I'm using it to set up the site. Thought some people might be interested to know about it. All you'll need is a username and password, which I'll send you when it's ready for testing. You can get Skype if you want at http://www.skype.com If all the members get it we can call each other free, and make conference calls, although I've never tried that before. You can also make very cheap calls to landlines all over the world with it. You don't need the pro version. Just click on the Download Skype button. You also need a headset with a microphone for calls. It doesn't work so great with just a mic and the computer speakers. Cheers skannie
www.beyond-mountains.com
www.scannertribe.com
Scanner Tribe Group on Facebook
Scanner Tribe group on LinkedIn
Twitter - @scannertribe
skannie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby expatana » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:50 pm

Hi Skannie, I have Skype but I've never used it. Most people I know have mobile phones. I was going to ask, can you call from Skype to a mobile phone using the pro version? If so, I'll get that because I want to have access to as many people as possible. Good luck creating the site, take your time, and keep us posted. Ana
expatana
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tatjana-Marie » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:50 am

Hi Skannie, I'm very much looking forward to starting to work on our European Success Team again :D :!: When will you be back :?: Hope you are well! :) Yours, Tatjana
Tatjana-Marie
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby expatana » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:29 pm

Hi Skannie, Just helping to keep this bumped up front again. I too am eager for the European Team. Keep us posted. Have fun, Ana
expatana
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby skannie » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:32 pm

Hi Tatjana. I'll be back at the beginning of December. Looking forward to Bratislava Christmas market. How about joining me there some time?
Last edited by skannie on Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.beyond-mountains.com
www.scannertribe.com
Twitter - @scannertribe
skannie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby skannie » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:44 pm

expatana wrote:I have Skype but I've never used it. Most people I know have mobile phones. I was going to ask, can you call from Skype to a mobile phone using the pro version? If so, I'll get that because I want to have access to as many people as possible. Ana
I forgot to answer this one. You don't need the pro version. The ordinary free one will do fine. You then buy Skype credit if you want to call landlines or mobiles, or send text messages. You can call free to other people who have Skype, including video and conference calls. You can also chat and send files with it. Look at their website http://www.skype.com for all the different options. P.S. Hi Ana. You sneaked in there while I was busy typing.
www.beyond-mountains.com
www.scannertribe.com
Twitter - @scannertribe
skannie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tatjana-Marie » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:42 am

Dear skannie, I'd love to come to Bratislava to visit the Christmas Market with you. :D :!: And you know what is great, getting from my flat to Bratislava is really easy since there is a station nearby where I can take a train directly to Bratislava! :!: Looking forward to meeting you again, Tatjana
Tatjana-Marie
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: A European, English-speaking success team

Postby DJCNOR » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:39 pm

Hi Skannie, Can I join? I'm an American living in the UK and determined to stay out of the US. Donna
DJCNOR
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby skannie » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:52 pm

Hi Donna Sure you can join. Just pm me with your email address. I see you live in East Anglia. I go there quite often so maybe we can meet there some time. I also love Appalachian old timey music. Cheers! skannie
www.beyond-mountains.com
www.scannertribe.com
Twitter - @scannertribe
skannie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby funnyvalentine » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:02 pm

I'm interested! I'm American, but I spend 6 months/year in Sweden. Let me know when you're up and running!
funnyvalentine
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby summerbreeze » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:53 am

Hello to All! Your idea sounds great. Is your team up and running? Is it still open? if you are working togehter successfully, can you - please - give newbies advice? Myself and a lady in the USA have started a US German group and we are looking for more members. Can you help? Thanks....curious to hear how things are working out....summerbreeze
summerbreeze
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Kyra » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:05 pm

Hi, I am Europaen, currently living in the US. I would love to join in. Thanks, Kyra
Kyra
New Poster
New Poster

Re:

Postby happykat » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:39 pm

skannie wrote:Hi Ana Yes I was thinking of inviting you. Got some urgent editing work to do for the next few days (it's always urgent with this particular company) so I won't be able to do much with it just yet. I shouldn't be even looking at this board now. But I already have a domain name and the beginnings of a site there. I'm using Joomla CMS software with a Fireboard forum, and maybe Community Builder too, if anyone's interested. They are all free and open source. skannie
Is this still going? I'm in Australia.
happykat
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby expatana » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:49 pm

Hi HappyKat and everyone else in the European team: I too wanted to bump this up. I haven't been on in quite a while due to my move from the U.S. to Japan. But that was several months ago now and it's high time I got going again. I'm a long want from my real dream, but I just can't give it up! Skannie wanted to start an informal Success Team based in Europe. Is this something still going on? I haven't heard anything about it for a while. Let's do it with the people we've got now! I know nothing technical so I wouldn't know how to begin, but I'd be glad to help in other ways -- posts, typical virtual housecleaning, etc. I'm all for it! I'm not actually in Europe right now. I'm American teaching English in Japan. My lifetime dream is to live in Spain. I am a dedicated Europhile, too, and I'd be open to considering other countries in the region for residence as long as I got a chance to travel to my Spain whenever. I spent some brief time in 1989 in Paris, eastern France and Heidelberg, Germany. I've communicated with people in Prague. I first came to Japan in 2000 to teach English after failing to find a way into Spain for the umpteenth time. Later, in '02 I was in Spain again on a pilgrimage and doing more research. Once again, I couldn't find a way in and had to return to the States. I ended up in Japan again until '04 when my mother passed away. I then spent four quite empty years back in the U.S., looking for some kind of "good-enough" job that would enable me to travel regularly to Spain but, once again, was unable to find anything. So I came back here to pay off debts and start this odyssey over again. And you? Let's chat here and find a way to form a team! I'd love to get to know you ...! Best, Ana
expatana
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby DJCNOR » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:15 am

Hi, I'm Donna (see above) an American with an American husband in Norwich, UK. I love Europe, too, and in the present anti-immigrant climate, I don't count on us having our 5-year Visa's extended after next March. Also, I haven't been able to find a job here doing what I love and am qualified to do, textile design, and I'm presently using up the very last of my savings (unless you count a tiny house I own in the US) to survive and try to start a business. That effort is looking a little more positive in just the last week, but when I say "a little", that's exactly what I mean. We still face the prospect of trying to live in a bed-sit with most of our things in storage within a few months when my resources run out. That or going back early to the US where we would face no better prospects. We've had going to Israel or going to Japan to teach English as plan B for some time. We don't have any type of official teaching qualifications, but I've done a lot of tutoring and teaching my textile skills over the years. In any case, nice to meet you. Is there a site on the web for immigration to Spain as there is one for England and one for Australia? Or a site for expats in Spain?
DJCNOR
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Informal Success Teams