Online success team for writers/artists?

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Online success team for writers/artists?

Postby Laura » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:35 pm

Hi all, Would anyone be interested in an online success team geared toward writers, artists, and other creative types? I am envisioning something using a combination of an email group, online chatting, and perhaps teleconferencing.
Laura
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby StarvingArtist2 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:39 pm

I'd be interested in a success team. I'm a guitarist, writer, actress, filmmaker. Money always stands in my way of achieving my goals--how to make money when you're creative??? I think that when people come together and help each other and put their resources together they can accomplish a lot with very little money. Also I think there's an energy that forms when a bunch of people come together and all work towards encouraging/supporting each other. Yeah, I know it's corny, but that's what I think. Please keep me posted. Meri 8) Hi all, Would anyone be interested in an online success team geared toward writers, artists, and other creative types? I am envisioning something using a combination of an email group, online chatting, and perhaps teleconferencing.
StarvingArtist2
New User
New User

Postby artist » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:33 pm

I would be interested in having a Buddy as described in Wishcraft. Is anyone interested? I am a decorative artist and would like to have someone to share ideas with. Thanks,
artist
New User
New User

Postby Frenchmom » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:08 am

Artist, I PMed you. Ghislaine.
Frenchmom
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Laura » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:29 pm

Thanks for your posts, StarvingArtist2, artist and Frenchmom. I haven't done much with this idea recently, but I definitely need a way to work through resistance in a better way. I will ponder further and get back to you, and if you have any ideas, please feel free to chime in.
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who are alive." - Howard Thurman
Laura
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

I'm hoping to get some more excitement on this...

Postby KathrynJB » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:35 am

I signed on looking for something just like this, and it seems like there was initial interest followed by nothing. So I'm hoping more people will notice this and decide it's something that could help. My name is Kathryn and I am mostly a conference coordinator, a writer, a little bit of an artist. I've been published a bit, and have occasionally even been paid! My 18 year old son is Julian, and he is a singer/songwriter/guitarist. We got to actually hang out with Barbara when she spoke at a conference I coordinated. We'd like an online (or potentially offline in the Boston area, or both) group to support our endeavors. I also completed in August the Thirty Day Challenge which is about online marketing, in which I learned a ton. Unlike the Challenge, I'd like to apply those techniques to marketing my own projects and work. I picture a group that would use online resources to stay in touch, get support, generate ideas, and market ourselves. As I said, I learned a lot with the 30 Day Challenge and would love to share those resources. I bet you have a lot to share too. So join me! E-mail me and post here. Kathryn
KathrynJB
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Mogget » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:24 pm

I would be very interested in this... hope something happens with it.
Mogget
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

online artist group?

Postby songmom » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:20 pm

Hi, I was wondering if the on line artist group is still open? I would LOVE to participate :) I am a songwriter and have had my work performed in local theaters. And while that is really wonderful, I have been meeting with an overwhelming amount of resistance. Would love to be part of an encouraging group of artists that checked in weekly. Victoria
songmom
New User
New User

Re: Online success team for writers/artists?

Postby KathrynJB » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi folks, A group of us have started the online success team for artists, writers, musicians and other arty folks. There is still space for some other other participants. My plan is to begin with folks here and then branch out if we feel like we need more people. Please email me for an invitation to the group at KathrynJB@aol.com if you're interested. Kathryn
KathrynJB
New Poster
New Poster

Postby funnyvalentine » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:55 pm

kathrynJB I just shot you an email. I can't wait to join you!
funnyvalentine
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Online success team for writers/artists?--another attempt

Postby KathrynJB » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:11 am

Hi folks! After a few false starts, I have an idea I hope will work for a Success Team for writers and artists and musicians and other creative types. This is not a formal group with regular meetings, but rather a specialized group that will allow for goal setting and sharing, resource sharing, brainstorming, barnraising and other cool stuff. It is a group on Facebook, which is a powerful networking tool. The resources on Facebook allow sharing of all kinds. To join, you need a Facebook account (facebook.com). Then go to groups and search for Artists and Writers Success Teams. I've made it an open group, so just sign up, then post an introduction on the Discussion board. Let's give it a try! Kathryn
KathrynJB
New Poster
New Poster

Postby summerbreeze » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:30 am

Hi to all creative folks! :D This sounds so inspiring - I hope I can join, even tho I live in Germany! I have won prizes for my artwork and for a short story, also several of my poems have been highly praised in writers'circles(locally in Mainz and in Brussels). However i lacked a sense of focus 8sorry guys, i need to stop being a scanner, and learn focus....i have frittered away a lot of my time on dabbling in many subjects and hobbies, fearing the "c" word - commitment to one vocation.....agh...but with art, I come alive...summerbreeze
summerbreeze
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Informal Success Teams