NYC INFORMAL TEAM START-UP!!!

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

NYC INFORMAL TEAM START-UP!!!

Postby missarisa » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:55 pm

I joined a success group in March 07 and found it INCREDIBLY helpful! I want to start a NYC or Brooklyn group. I am a teacher struggling to become a full-time writer with some success. Let's support each other. Post here if you are in! This is June 2008, let me know if you are interested. Alisa
missarisa
New User
New User

Re: NYC INFORMAL TEAM START-UP!!!

Postby obojobo » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:29 pm

I am interested. I am a music teacher, between jobs. I have been living in the Bay Area of California for many years, but am presently in Brooklyn, NY, and thinking of relocating back to New York. (I am originally from Brooklyn and have family here.) I am trying to figure out how to: get a job teaching music in an elementary school in NY; get my daughter, who has finished kindergarten with flying colors into a good public school; and tell my boyfriend back in California that I do not plan to remain in a relationship with him--so sorry. (Can one be a scanner in relationships as well?) But what I really want to do is get training for a career in counseling or therapy--I want to change careers and don't have much idea about how to go about it. Thanks, Johanna P.S. What area of Brooklyn are you in?
obojobo
New User
New User

Postby missarisa » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:07 am

I'm in Park Slope. Have you graduated from the original team?
missarisa
New User
New User

Postby obojobo » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:46 am

I'm in Park Slope, too. No, I have never been in a success team. Have you graduated? Johanna
obojobo
New User
New User

Postby obojobo » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:13 pm

How would you feel about posting on craigslist (under "community" in order to try to get enough people for a meeting? I contacted the contact person for formal success groups in NYC--there is one starting up this summer that has a waiting list, and another one starting up in the fall. Johanna
obojobo
New User
New User

Return to Informal Success Teams