Online Success Team Now Forming

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Online Success Team Now Forming

Postby 3Zero » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:41 am

Conference call format via your computer (Skype - free software, free call) Meet weekly at a specific time. Purpose: to support one another in the pursuit of dreams & goals. Limited to 8 participants.
If you would like the support of others and, at the same time, are willing to help others move their dreams forward join this new online group. I have participated in the 8-week Success Team workshop and am currently working through Barbara's Refuse To Choose. I have also read sections of Wishcraft and I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was. I am not interested in leading a Success Team, but desire the support of others in order to move forward with my dreams. In return, I am willing to help others do the same. Participants should be willing to 'give' as well as 'receive' support and should have some familiarity with Barbara Sher's philosophy and 'teachings'. You'll need to load Skype on your computer (http://www.skype.com) and you'll need computer speakers as well as a microphone or simple webcam (or 'Skype' headset) but you will not have to spend any time (or gas!) traveling. We can discuss the logistics right here on this bulletin board. --Rich
3Zero
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Online Success Team Now Forming

Postby 3Zero » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:33 am

I would love to participate in an online 'Success Team', yet, judging by the number of folks who read the earlier post to say nothing of the number of similar posts on this and on the RefuseToChoose bulletin board, do not understand why there appear to be 'no takers'. What are the issues/obstacles in forming an online group where we could discuss our achieving our goals with one another (conference-call style)? Are they technical ... or something else? (Is it something I said?) :wink: I am puzzled. Please enlighten! (Thanks!) --Rich (3Z)
3Zero
New Poster
New Poster

Postby WildBill » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:00 pm

Rich, I'm in, I'm in. Where are the others? I'll PM U too .................... Bill
WildBill
New Poster
New Poster

Postby 3Zero » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:30 am

Bill The others ... I don't know. But thanks for your reply and welcome! Incidentally, a decent lower cost webcam that works well with Skype (and older Windows XP PCs) is the Microsoft Lifecam VX 3000 found on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-68A-000 ... 784&sr=8-1. I have used this webcam successfully on two older (3-6+ years) PCs. A webcam might be 'overkill' for an online Success Team since Skype does not currently support video calls for more than 2 participants. One might be able to get by just fine with a microphone. However, it is nice to be able to do 2-way video calls with friends, relatives, etc. And, the webcam - with built-in microphone - clips to the top edge of my monitor. It is out of the way and ready to go any time I want to make a call. --Rich
3Zero
New Poster
New Poster

Postby orsina » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi, is there still time to get in on this?? Tanna
orsina
New User
New User

Postby WildBill » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:55 pm

I got my Skype updated. No one to try it out the old microphone on. I had a nice headset somewhere but couldn't find it the other day. No webcam although I think I have a cheap digi camera somewhere that was supposed to dual as a webcam. Tanna, as far as I know it's us three so there should be room ;) Get your skype downloaded and setup.
WildBill
New Poster
New Poster

Postby 3Zero » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:29 pm

FYI, once Skype has been installed, users can verify that it is properly set up by making a "test call" to 'Echo/Sound Test Service'. It is a good idea to do this prior to attempting any Skype calls. New users are also permitted one (free) call to a conventional phone. This is another way to test that Skype is functioning properly. A good definition of a 'Success Team' can be found here: http://www.shersuccessteams.com/basics.htm. --Rich
3Zero
New Poster
New Poster

Postby anuka » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi, Did this team ever get up and running? I'd be interested if you are still looking for members. I was part of a great 8-week Success Team some years ago run by Barbara's assistant Andrea in nyc. I have also worked with Success Buddies by phone before. I may not be the right match for this group- I am not an entrepreneur, do not own my own business, am definitely a scanner, but more of the frustrated diver type. I already have Skype set up and have used it for audio, but not video conferencing. Thanks, Andrea
anuka
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby 3Zero » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:41 am

Andrea This group is still in its formative stages - just getting up and running - and I think you'd be PERFECT. I think that anyone desiring feedback and support and who is, at the same time, willing to take a turn guiding and contributing is perfect. In my opinion, the greater the group members' diversity in interests, experiences, and expertise the better. It looks like there are presently 4 of us interested in an online Skype group, so far: me (Rich), you, Wild Bill, and Tanna (orsina). A good next step would be to attempt a "test" conference call. I have never connected with more than one Skype user at the same time. I am in Chicago (Central Time) and am generally available most weekday mornings. Weekday and Sunday evenings can work, too, after 8:00PM. What works for the rest of you? Goal: initial online meeting by Dec 1!! --Rich
3Zero
New Poster
New Poster

Postby 3Zero » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:25 am

Our first online Success Team meeting via Skype will be held this Sunday December 6th, at 9:00 PM Eastern/6:00 PM Pacific (USA). Anyone wishing to participate in this initial (audio) conference call is invited to 'PM' me so that they can be added to the call list. We'll spend a few minutes learning about one another - and our goals - and discuss how we might get together regularly online to help one another achieve them. --RIch
3Zero
New Poster
New Poster

Postby LucieInDisguise » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:16 am

I would love to be a part of this group. I think my husband might, as well. Unfortunately, I am in rehearsal this Sunday until 11pm EST. Is there any way I can still participate?
LucieInDisguise
New Poster
New Poster

Postby 3Zero » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:21 am

Lucie, Our Sunday call is really just an initial step. If the group decides to continue to meet regularly, I will post that info in this space. Hopefully that will be the case! If you are good to go with Skype, then it is a simple matter to add you to the group. --Rich
3Zero
New Poster
New Poster

Postby 3Zero » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:46 am

Our first online Success Team meeting was a ... success! Last Sunday evening, four of us were connected coast-to-coast (with some points in between, too) via Skype for nearly 90 minutes as we got to know one another and gained insight into one another's aspirations and challenges. The next online meeting of Skype Success Team #1 (for lack of a better name!) is scheduled for Sunday Dec 13 at 9:00 PM Eastern/6:00 PM Pacific time. SST1 (Skype Success Team #1) is still open to new members. Anyone interested in joining in will need to have Skype installed and tested prior to the call. (Skype has a built-in test function for this purpose.) PM me if you are interested (and did not participate in last Sunday's call). I am looking forward to speaking with all of you Sunday evening! --Rich
3Zero
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Donna51 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:50 pm

Hello!
How's the online success team going? I'm interested in taking part. - Donna
- 30 -
Donna51
New User
New User

Postby 3Zero » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:54 pm

Team is still going strong. I am not sure if it makes sense to grow this team (we are challenged to wrap up our meetings within 2 hours). It might make sense to start another another Online Team. Consider that over 500 people have read this post over the past months ... That said, I will raise the issue of adding a member with our existing group & report back. --Rich
3Zero
New Poster
New Poster

Next

Return to Informal Success Teams