Mastermind group Toronto

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Mastermind group Toronto

Postby laurenttoronto » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:21 pm

Does anyone want to be part of a mastermind group in Toronto?
I am actually new to this and looking as well for informations about existing groups in TO !
Cheers

Laurent
laurenttoronto
New User
New User

Re: Mastermind group Toronto

Postby redplaidpurpleplaid » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi Laurent,

I am in Toronto as well. I just joined this site. I have emailed Joyanna, listed as a (formal) Success Team facilitator in Toronto, to ask whether she is running any groups. The last listing on this site of facilitators was posted in 2004. Can any moderators help with up-to-date info on Toronto?

I'm not sure yet whether I would be interested in participating in something informal.
redplaidpurpleplaid
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby avrum68 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:01 am

I'm very interested (and a huge fan of Sher). I live near Cedarvale, but can get around via TTC/bike/car.

Email me at striemel AT gmail DOT com
avrum68
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby redplaidpurpleplaid » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:15 am

I am planning on running an informal success team in Toronto.

My focus would be basically a book group, the same principle as having an "exercise buddy" except for reading chapters and doing the exercises in the book (choosing at each meeting which exercises we would do for the next meeting), to cheerlead each other, keep each other accountable, and to have somebody to talk to about it if we get stuck on the exercises. Please use this info to decide whether this is the type of group you are interested in. (In other words, Idea Party and Wish/Obstacle type discussions will happen, but that's not the focus.)

Having read a number of Barbara Sher's books, I have decided to use Wishcraft as the main text, but start with the "what motivates you" exercise, which can be found both on Barbara's Resistance Whisperer blog and in one of the books (I think it is Live the Life You Love but can't confirm that right now as I am at my parents' place and my books are in Toronto!) so that we would know what kind of support each person would prefer.

Please post here with a brief bio if you are interested. I will PM you with details such as location once they are sorted out. I am thinking it will happen within the next 2-3 weeks.

Here's mine. I live in Toronto, trained as a lawyer, currently unemployed, short-term I need to get some kind of job whether it is in a legal or non-legal field, but long-term I am looking at figuring out what I love (!!) which I suspect will involve a creative/artistic component but not sure. I have been around the self-help block, and I find Barbara's approach (namely, that you don't need to CHANGE or FIX yourself to get what you want).....such a relief.
redplaidpurpleplaid
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby redplaidpurpleplaid » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:50 am

redplaidpurpleplaid
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Informal Success Teams