Resources and Info to Start Your Own Online Success Group

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Resources and Info to Start Your Own Online Success Group

Postby Digital Nomad » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:22 am

Hi everyone,

I just finished Refuse to Choose and learned about this forum, so here I am ;-)
I am very interested in trying out the "online" success group model and I see others pursuing this as well.

Are there any good resources and info about starting and running online success groups/teams, or mastermind groups?

For example, information about:
- Guidelines to let it run smoothly
- Minimum member requirement for success (i.e. skill/knowledge, commitment, motivation, adding value, supportive, other)
- Popular online collaboration and communication tools used
- Choosing one partner/buddy or rather a small group
- Choosing a theme group (discussing a theme) or a general group (discussing everything)

My initial interest would be joining or starting a online entrepreneurial success group.
But after giving it some thought, I would probably interested in starting even a couple of groups with theme (entrepreneur group (especially online business), parenting group, fitness/health group), where the participants either have knowledge about the theme or are eager to do research and bring that information into the group. Or is this beyond the concept of a success group?

Any input from experienced success group leaders and participants welcome!

Rich

My resources for collaboration:
- Skype (conference calling)
- MindMeister (making and sharing mindmaps)
- Dropbox (sharing files)
Digital Nomad
New User
New User

Re: Resources and Info to Start Your Own Online Success Grou

Postby Digital Nomad » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:55 am

No one out there doing any of this?
Or anyone want to share some tips and tricks who have been leading or participating in a success group?
Rich
Digital Nomad
New User
New User

Postby 3Zero » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:34 pm

I would recommend purchasing a copy of Teamworks by Barbara Sher. I believe it is out of print, but used copies can be had for a penny (plus shipping) and is well worth it! :wink: The book describes how to run and use Success Teams.

See: http://www.amazon.com/Teamworks-Barbara ... t_ep_dpi_6

--Rich S.
3Zero
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Digital Nomad » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:01 am

Hi Rich S,
Thanks for pointing out this book. I will get a copy ;-)
Rich V
Digital Nomad
New User
New User

Postby Wolf Goddess » Mon May 30, 2011 8:26 am

I am thinking of doing this also. I Googled Mastermind groups and got a lot of sites telling how to start one. I haven't checked them all out yet.

I wrote in another post about starting a mastermind online group for people with disabilities who have transportation problems. I may just wind up doing it myself. I really need one and I figure I might as well get paid to run one.

I keep going back to The Success Alliance. http://www.thesuccessalliance.com/. They even offer a free e-book for you to download on how to create and run your own mastermind group.

There is also a site called Mind Live for creating your own online group. http://imindlive.com/index.php?gclid=CJ ... gwodJmDCqQ

Once you learn the basics of starting and maintaining a group you can go to ning or Social Go to start your group. They don't have video chat, though.

WG
Last edited by Wolf Goddess on Mon May 30, 2011 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
You will never plow a field by turning it over in your mind.
Visit Zebracorn Art Journeys at www.zebracorn.com
Wolf Goddess
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Digital Nomad » Mon May 30, 2011 8:53 am

Wolf,
I have also seen the The Success Alliance and signed up for their free newsletter.
Their commercial ebook might be interesting as well.
Also still thinking of joining Barbara Sher online course. Bit pricey tho.
I run my first mastermind group now and we use Skype video calls to communicate ($9 a month)
and we collaborate privately in TeamLab (I can't post the link, but do a search on "TeamLab" and you'll find it)
Rich
Digital Nomad
New User
New User

Return to Informal Success Teams