Accountability Buddy Online or via text?

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Accountability Buddy Online or via text?

Postby DesireeSommer » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Hello People! I'm living in a small town, and it's been kind of hard to find friends, let alone accountability partners or success teams. So I am looking online for someone!

My goal is to start acting again. Just informally to start out with, but eventually I'd like to get up the gumption to audition for a play here in town.

However, like a lot of creative goals, it's way too easy to just not do the work and never start. Afterall, when I don't read my scripts or do my research, nobody knows but me. I might hate myself, but I still get away with it!

So I'm looking for someone who might be interested in checking in daily or even a few times a week. We could post our daily goals for the week, either on here or via text, and then check in each day and see if we've done them!

I love to figure out ways to solve problems for other people, love to commiserate, and also to help you celebrate! You don't need to have the same goal at all! The weirder, the more ordinary, or the more glamorous, the better I say!

I just want someone who will be honest about where they're at, so I can be honest too. I want someone I can be able to say to, "Hey you know what... I didn't even touch my script today. I was too scared." I have done something like this once before with an accountability partner for a different program/different goal, and it failed miserably because both of us just sort of said what the other wanted to hear. Or at least I did.... ....shameful look.... and then felt horribly guilty. This time I'd like to do it the right way.

Desiree
DesireeSommer
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: Accountability Buddy Online or via text?

Postby Unity » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:53 am

Hi DesireeSommer

If you don't find the person you want, you could try the Challenge Forum on this site, lots of different threads, we talk about our goals daily (a lot of banter too) and support each other. This is the busiest part of the site.

Alternatively there are a couple of threads for being accountable on the Success Forum.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Accountability Buddy Online or via text?

Postby SquarePeg » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:49 am

One of the forum members operates Pro Nagger with an Accountability Chat. But my understanding is that it's better suited for short tasks.

It might be good once you break your goal into smaller goals, such as "Look up local schools that have drama classes" "Contact department heads at schools for leads" etc.

http://pronagger.com/?page_id=502

Best of luck!
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Informal Success Teams