Hanging Out Online Success Team

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Hanging Out Online Success Team

Postby Jana_L » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi to my Hanging Out colleagues!

Glad you're here. This is J. posting. I thought this would be a good place for our exchange of thoughts. We start with a monthly challenge, but everyone of us has bigger goals we would like mutual support for over a longer period of time. So I thought this could very well be seen as a Success Team althoug the idea that got us started here is an individual 30 days challenge / challenge for the month of June for every woman.

Writing our stuff we should consider that this is a board where everybody on the Internet can read what we write. There might be topics that don't fit here (matters of privacy, protection, marketing). There might be the wish to move on to a board that's protected like in HO. For example for our Zoo lady. Personally, I'll just keep my answers so that they can be seen for a start.

My personal challenge: this year seems to be my middle of life-year. Hanging Out gives me a lot; it's a rich and deep process of self-development; and that's my favourite topic. And then March 2015 came It's Only Too Late If You Don't Start Now from Barbara Sher. BING! Answers to a lot of open questions. I've read it twice (second time marking sentences), and now I want to write abstracts and make the exercises. I've already begun: Sun May 31 abstracts for introduction and chapter 1; Wed June 03 exercise #8 (I've already done 1-7).

Intention: A deep process. Make this transformation consciously. Work through my way to emotional freedom from childhood. Create my second life and use it for my body of work. I've such a lot of things to do ...

Task: I'm going to write at least weekly reports. Can't promise to be here everyday let alone several times a day! But I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas, your topics and challenges.

Sincerely, Jana :D
Jana_L
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Hanging Out Online Success Team

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:34 am

Hi, Jana, and other HO members,

I hope this success team has a lot of success.

My goals for June are to promote "The Molly Chronicles" and to write a few minutes each day on the sequel to "Temporary Address." I'm trying to make Facebook work for me in terms of marketing. I have a blog. There's a link to it. It's the round dot under my name to the right of this post.

Jan, you brought up the privacy issue. Under our names, there's an icon that looks sort of like a pawn in chess. You can send personal messages (PM) by clicking on it, and that's only seen by you and the person receiving the message. It might take a few days for that function to kick in.

I post regularly on a different thread here on the Boards - "success stories." - "June 2015 a few steps per day." I consider it my success team, and have for several years. Please visit, if you wish, and you can post there as well. (The title changes each month.) But I wanted to post here as well, and offer and get support.

Good wishes.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby AthenaCat42 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:30 am

Here is what I posted on Hanging Out:

My drive is a blossom from, and similar to, what Barbara teaches …

I want to encourage people to embrace their unique gifts and talents and share them with the world, to “give them permission” to do so, and to hold a sacred space to “believe in them until they believe in themselves”.

When I worked as a psychic I saw so many people who were lost … mostly women who sacrificed themselves to put kids / husband / family first to the point they disconnected from themselves and were in distress once the kids went to college or left home. Secondarily with folks fresh out of college entering the workforce and experiencing what that is all about. Also working with people, who, frankly have done a lot of horrible things and want forgiveness, compassion, support and redirection to a more wholesome life. I won’t say more than that, but if you saw them &/or if you heard what they had to say … I know few people can hold sacred space for that.

I did the “ought do” and “should do” and felt the weight of “shoulding on myself” and I know the despair that can create.

With my program, with what I want to create, instead of working one on one I want to create a program where I can work with many people at the same time to give people permission to be their authentic selves, to forgive any “sins” of the past and step forward into their divine beingness.

I forget the exact wording of Barbara’s radio spots from decades ago but it faintly rings in my ears … I want to know who people are and support them in being that.

Besides Barbara’s teachings I have used other teachings and want to pull things together in my own unique way / program (while also crediting where credit is due e.g. Barbara, The Artist’s Way, Anthony Robbins, etc.)

When I was a child I believed in doing what I loved … I was forced to do otherwise … I was forced to turn away from things I still enjoy like Home Ec and Auto Mechanics, I was forced to turn away from typing skills. I wanted to work outdoors and was forced away from that. I was forced into higher math and sciences and working indoors with no sunlight with incandescent lights …

I was miserable. I watched other people being happy.

Very long story very short I began exploration of how *I* could be happy – I threw off the mantle of “ought” and “should” and embraced “want to” and went int a whole different space .. it to some degree has been difficult as I have bucked my friend / family cultural system … and through that I recognized *I* have need for this, therefore others must as well. I spent a lot of time, years, decades, learning, and I can parse that down into easy steps … this is want I want to provide for others … making my steps into easy steps, and providing support for others which I wish I had but did not.

I was once very depressed … Yes I commented recently I was depressed but there is a difference between *chronic* depression and *situational* depression … I was chronically depressed for decades and I learned how to get out of that through getting back in touch with my true authentic self.

My recent situational depression had to do with 5 moves in 18 months, more job changes than I can even remember, breakup with a man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, time / space for healing of other things that came before.

Also honestly I do struggle with the limitations of my chronic pain … I am up the keys from where I used to live so isolated from activity … I have had to regroup … I have attempted things that have not worked well … this is not unlike other people wanting to shift their lives. I am in chronic pain and yes it can be hard, but it also can be no biggie if handled appropriately … focused on purpose that I do not go anywhere means nothing … I want to help people with these things …

What is not lost on me is I have somehow managed to find all the unique individuals who are doing what I want to do … races … Spartan … Disney Runs … I am proud of them for doing that but it hurts me I cannot participate … I want to help people from where I am now to where they are now. Even Rocker Races …I mean who even knows about those? Subjugating my will to my body’s abilities is annoying … but is something useful I can provide to others.
AthenaCat42
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby AthenaCat42 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:33 am

I'm trying to find and capture some of the discussion from Hanging Out .... I had commented about being stuck, a HO member commented, their comments are co-mingled with mine below:

I am stuck – I am on the section where I am to connect with my target audience and ask questions to get an idea of what they want and what they are looking for … but my challenge is that my ideal client has kids and I do not. My idea client has high school / newly-entered-college age kids. I have no kids. I do not even BEGIN to know where to look for the right website or blog.
MY COMMENT: What is your ideal client could just be anyone who wants to experience and receive what you have to offer and to give to them? My most used answer: GOOGLE IT! I am not sure how to find blogs, but I will soon Google it just to find out what is there.
MORE COMMENT: I don’t think it matters if your life experiences match up with theirs exactly, especially on the have kids or not have kids thing. How many years have single, celibate priests been advising people about marriage and family things? How many therapists are not in relationships, don’t have families, etc. etc.???? My view is that sometimes an objective view is better than a subjective view.
I have a client list but I haven’t spoken to any of them regularly in 10 years as I have focused on chronic pain – not sure how they would react to a call out of the blue when they may not even remember who I am.

COMMENT: I think you are wise to be cautious here. I, personally, do not like to be contacted by someone after years or months only to find out they want something from me. You could, I suppose, just send out an official announcement of some sort—by snail mail or e-mail or ??—that you are starting a new service/business and wondered if they could refer anyone to you i.e. not a direct request for themselves to be involved. But if they were interested, they could reach out to you. What is really prevalent now is offering something free and then “they” have you hooked e.g. they have your first name (at least) and your e-mail address. I very frequently sign up for free talks and webinars knowing they will then have my info. Oh, well!
In terms of where we are doing this – if we migrate this to the bboard, please provide a link so I/we go to the right place.
COMMENT: Regarding where we are doing his. Barbara has some very fine suggestions and is offering us help to set something up.
AthenaCat42
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby AthenaCat42 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:34 am

Here is my response that I wrote offline until we set up this forum:

I am attempting to follow a successful business building model. Time and again there are certain key elements I see repeated in many marketing ideas and programs. One of them is to narrow down your potential audience ... e.g. a yoga teacher can help anyone but may specialize in pre- and post-natal care. A chiropractor can help anyone but my focus on headaches or sports injuries.

When I was doing psychic faires years ago what I found over and over again was the bulk of my clients were the same people: women 45-55 whose children had just gone off to college and were lost, they lost themselves having focused on their children and families first. Secondarily were people who were fresh out of college and into the workplace and were disillusioned. But empty-nesters were probably 80% or more of my business.

The next part of the business building system is to try to find these ideal clients and ask them questions, to find out all kinds of things so that you can tailor your offering to them, so that you can speak in a language that sounds like you are speaking directly to them ... instead of creating a program and convincing people to buy it, you find out what they want and then create it, using their own words and phrases so you know that you "get them".

This was something I was able to do while I was doing psychic faires, but being unable to do that, I am reliant on the internet. And while I could ask my former clients (I do have maybe 2 people I have enough of a relationship with I feel I can reach out) I do not want to contact the bulk of them until I actually have a program together. So there's where finding the program comes in ... After much searching and pondering I am thinking that I should just follow a few blogs for a while, put my 2 cents in if I have any suggestions, and eventually ask questions .. but it is weird ... it's not like with my cat book where I could go goof around with other folks who like cats and talk, relate, laugh, and slip in some questions.

I went back through my client notes but apparently I just wrote up the standard love / money questions. I tried to write up detailed notes so when I contacted them again I would remember what we talked about, but my client contact / note making was an evolving process. Where we DO have commonality is being lost, having to try out different things, explore. Initially years back it was just I was doing what I was told I "ought" and was miserable. Now it's I'm trying to figure out what I CAN do because many of the things I WANT to do that I enjoy aren't physically possible for me. Exploration, positive attitude, patience - it's all the same.

I also plan to do the freebies ... but right now I have to find out what people want before I can even do that ... although maybe I could transcribe one of my lectures on Discovering Your Bliss (that was a standing room only crowd!!)

And like you I have to give up my email address - but I set up a special email account so my main / business email isn't clogged up with "junk' (I have 8,888 of those unread emails right now ...)
AthenaCat42
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby krystalargo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi All! Here I am, finally. I have been very tired this week after all the activities and excitements of my BIG family reunion all last weekend. It was wonderful and soul satisfying to be with so many of my direct family and friends and other families that were included.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will be more rested and will create and post my short Intention.

Sweet Dreams!

BLESS BLESS!

Krystalargo
Krystalargo de Lindachrist Mailing: P.O. Box 445 Cotati, CA 94931 Residence: Sebastopol, CA Home/Office Phone: 707-824-9434 Cell Phone: 707-536-8198 E-mail: sacredhoop5@hotmail.com WebSite: http://www.sacredhoopjourney.com
krystalargo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby AthenaCat42 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:23 pm

It's so great to see you Krystalargo! I thought maybe our whole idea pooped out ... sounds like you had fun at your family reunion, I'm glad you have that!!!

My update is I made a TREMENDOUSLY HUGE BREAKTHROUGH yesterday - after 9 long years, I finally, FINALLY, finally, finally, FINALLY have my irresistible offer / ad written up. Holey moley. Very difficult & stressful last few days working on that (with lots of tension & migraine headaches), but it just blasted through late yesterday, and experienced people reviewed it and stamped it as good. Whew. You've no idea.

Anyway, so long story short, I'm working on my outline for my program so that I can identify how long the program should be, and in what form it should take, so that I can work on things like pricing.

My confidence has gone up SO MUCH as I'm seeing so much "meat and potatoes" in my program and have a strong and powerful knowledge that I can deliver, and positively impact a great many people in a great many ways.

WHAT A HUGE ENORMOUS RELIEF. I cannot put into words how much I have been struggling with this in the 11 years since I had my back injury and life has been so difficult and isolating. (Actually it has been about 14 years - did the math wrong. :-) )

WHEW!! FEELS GREAT!!!
Last edited by AthenaCat42 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AthenaCat42
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby krystalargo » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:01 pm

SUCCESS 30-DAY PLAN FOR SHAMANIC JOURNEY TO WELLNESS ENCOUNTERS
FROM KRYSTALARGO DE LINDACHRIST ON JUNE 12, 2015--SUMMER SOLSTICE IS COMING!
MY INTENTIONS—

It has been my intention and for the first 12 days of June 2015 and will continue to be my intention for the remaining 18 days of June 2015 to do the following:

Ø I will seize every opportunity to allow my Body, Mind and Spirit—my Bomispi—to travel on Shamanic Journeys To Wellness.
Ø I will allow many of them to be spontaneous and in the moment.
Ø I hereby specifically pledge to set aside at least 11 more times to Journey in the next 18 days.
Ø Each time I will allow at least 20 minutes to do the Journey.
Ø I will make notes about my Journey To Wellness experiences and then I will post them to share.
Ø My Intention in doing these Journeys is to explore new ways in which my body can heal itself or be healed by the Helpers.
Ø My intention is also to invite and allow permanent healings to take place within the journey itself.
Ø My intention is to have these healings take place on all my levels of existence, all lives past, present and to remain in place in future lives (though I suspect all is happening at the same time).
Ø My intention is to reactivate my acquaintance with all my Spirit Helpers and Guides from the past and present and to also welcome any new Spirit Helpers and Guides who love me and have my best interests at heart. These new ones may have invaluable new techniques, tools and plant or mineral sources that could greatly improve my health in all systems. That excites me!
Ø A few women friends that I have here where I live and I are shifting our discussion group into a meditation group for a while. I suspect that I will “take a few Journeys” during meditation.
Ø SHAMANIC JOURNEYS TO WELLNESS done so far—June 12
o Encountering and accepting a new Spirit Helper named Forest Tree Green. This happened during a guided meditation journey with an online healer. I was surprised.
o During an acupuncture treatment a few days later I traveled with Forest Tree Green through a large dense forest where a grass about 6 to-8 inches, a healing mushroom and the leaves of a small bush were pointed out to be the herb type things that my body needs.
o Today during another acupuncture treatment I traveled with one of my main Spirit Helpers—a black and white horse named Abalone. She has been with me since 1984 and has been in many, many Journeys. She originally came during a Soul Retrieval Journey to reclaim parts of my Soul that had split off in numerous car accidents. Abalone applauded me for my decision to go participate in and watch an event involving horses right here in Napa, CA where I live. It is called Mustang Days and involves wild mustangs and wild burros. I wonder if little burros are called burritos! LOL
o
Krystalargo de Lindachrist Mailing: P.O. Box 445 Cotati, CA 94931 Residence: Sebastopol, CA Home/Office Phone: 707-824-9434 Cell Phone: 707-536-8198 E-mail: sacredhoop5@hotmail.com WebSite: http://www.sacredhoopjourney.com
krystalargo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby krystalargo » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:20 am

Dear Moderators,

I just noticed that all the information except my name is incorrect as it appears at the bottom of my post. Where do I go to change this?

Thanks!
BLESS BLESS!

Krystalargo
krystalargo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby krystalargo » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:45 am

Good Morning (again)!

It is Saturday June 13th and I will be spending most of my day at an event here in Napa called "Mustang Days". They bring in wild mustangs and wild burros for sale/adoption to the public. Then later in the day and on Sunday will be demonstrations of how to train a wild mustang and what the results can be--quite remarkable. I was BORN LOVING HORSES, and have owned and ridden horses of my own a total of 25 years when in Colorado. I am longing for that connections with horses again.

A new to this readership piece of information: My greatest, strongest overriding VISION MISSION is called "The Sacred Hoop Journey: A Peace Mission On Horseback." It will involve me riding horseback in a huge circle around North America, including Southern Canada and Northern Mexico. Time involved will be five years+ and 30,000+ miles--an enormous undertaking!

Since I am now 79 years young and recovering from a grave illness in 2012-2014, this Vision Mission of The Sacred Hoop Journey has seemingly become even more difficult to achieve. But I am keeping on my path of fulfillment!

So, above and beyond my love of horses, I am going to Mustang Days today to gather information related the possibility of using Mustangs on part of my Peace Mission. Wish me Luck, please.

Oh, yes, one of my main Spirit Helpers is a black and white horse named Abalone. She came to me last night again and indicated that it was a good move for me to consider mustangs. Abalone (a mare) also said that I could make some really good contacts with people interested in horses and in Mustangs in particular.

So I am beginning to think that part of the Healings in this 30-day Shamanic Journey Project may be about healing my feelings and attitudes of doubt that I can actually do such a thing as The Sacred Hoop Journey at my age and stage of life!

BLESS BLESS!

Krystalargo
krystalargo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby krystalargo » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:51 am

Jana, I am so happy to have you join us, and I have read your entire post here. Good for you! I intend to join in when they turn that book into a book club choice. I have not yet read it, but it certainly applies to me in "starting over" at age 79!!! I will look forward to your posts and your valuable input for the rest of us.

BLESS BLESS!

Krystalargo
krystalargo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby krystalargo » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:55 am

WOW ATHENA! I am tooting my horn and throwing confetti in celebration of your huge, enormous breakthrough. How awesome for you to achieve that after such a long time of working on it. I will look forward to more information on what your info and ad sound like!

BLESS BLESS!

Krystalargo
krystalargo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby krystalargo » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:03 am

Dear Elaine,

I am pleased "to meet you" in this context and glad you have joined us. It will be good to have someone experienced in the success concepts working with us. Interesting how you put the button for us to connect to your blog right on your post. How did you learn to do that? Where do you have your blog?

I like your title "Temporary Address". Makes me curious to learn from where it originates???

Thanks also for the info about how to connect with the other board item with which you are connected. I am just learning about the versatility of all these opportunities that Barbara and Patty have created.

BLESS BLESS!

Krystalargo
krystalargo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby AthenaCat42 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:16 pm

I will read & respond to posts more in depth later (pain making my eyes all blurry), but here's my ad:

Passionate Purpose Program

Feeling lost or stuck in your life?
Learn easy ways you can bring more joy, passion, enthusiasm, and abundance in your life.

For years I set aside what I wanted to do to do what I was told I should do, must do. While people around me were happy and successful, I was miserable, lonely and depressed.
I spent YEARS and thousands of dollars learning how to create for myself the joy I saw others having, and I put it all together in an easy step-by-step system.

This program is for you if:
- You feel stuck in your life
- Are frustrated
- Wonder if "this is all there is" in life
- Your kids are off to college and your days are more open and directionless
- You feel like you don't know who you are anymore
- You feel lost
- You feel inadequate or insecure

In this program you will:
- Remember the dreams & desires you once had
- Feel joyful & look forward to each new day
- Have a clear sense of purpose & meaning in your life
- Life will be filled with exciting opportunities
- Be positioned to create a new job or career if you wish
- And best of all, you will have support the whole way!

I know how confusing and isolating it can be, not knowing what direction to go, feeling isolated, being afraid - change can be scary! But you know what? It's even WORSE to stay stuck where you are! What is the cost of that? Years of depression, of holding back, of not freely embracing life or sharing yourself, your unique gifts and talents, with others?

It's hard to put a price on the years of suffering I went through, I can tell you that!

But I know, after going through for myself the system I am sharing with you, my life has become so amazing in countless ways I never thought possible or even imagined! It's priceless!

The better it gets the better it gets!! And you don't have to go through it alone like I did.

This exclusive program is limited, so act now while space is still available!
AthenaCat42
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Jana_L » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:11 am

Hi Elaine,
nice to see you here on the new topic. :-) Your goals for June are great! I congratulate you for pursuing such a beautiful task. Thumbs up for The Molly Chronicles. Writing every day on a sequel… Hmm, that’s such a beautiful thing to do. I wish you as much fun and flow experiences as possible.
Thanks for the hint on privacy. I’m glad you’re with us to offer and get support. Til then!
Jana
Jana_L
New Poster
New Poster

Next

Return to Informal Success Teams