Hanging Out Online Success Team

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: Hanging Out Online Success Team

Postby AthenaCat42 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:20 am

Interesting!! I have been going through my over-full email box and found I have 9 subscribers to my blog! Which is mostly about chronic pain. As much as I want to be about success it seems like the majority of my blogs, words, conversations, are on dealing with chronic pain.

So I am considering the idea of doing a teleseminar about it, and then putting together a program to support people in chronic pain. I thought I was "one and done" so to speak with this, and didn't want to stay on this subject, rather move on to something else, but the more I talk about it, the more I realize I have developed 1,001 ways of managing it, coping with it, dealing with it and living alone from a physical as well as emotional aspect - even though it doesn't seem like I cope very well sometimes. As I talk to people, some of the things I just "do", are novel and unique to others - particularly if they are new to the pain.

And I do know for certain, when you have high pain, you cease to be able to think or remember. And if you are new to pain, then problem solving the situation is nearly impossible by oneself, and generally other people can't begin to understand or relate, and either feel helpless, or turn it around and say that you are "making excuses" or when you say something like I say I cannot stand for 12 hours at work without a break, or I cannot drive myself to Disney World, I am "setting the intention" and therefore making it a reality - which of course emotionally cuts you off at the knees.
AthenaCat42
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Hanging Out Online Success Team

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:20 am

Hi, AthenaCat,

Congrats on the the nine subscribers. I can believe that the pain issue is getting a lot of interest. As we're living longer, chronic pain is becoming real for a lot of us.

Me - My husband and I flew to Oregon for a wedding and visit with friends, then heard about the fire near our property in Lake County. So cut vacation short, flew back. My mother-in-law is staying with me as she's been evacuated from her home. Things are okay and low key, but my writing has been sidetracked.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Informal Success Teams