Hanging Out Online Success Team

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: Hanging Out Online Success Team

Postby SquarePeg » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:08 pm

Hello All

I was skimming through this thread when the words Medicine Woman and Shamanic Journey leaped out at me from a few of Krystalargo's posts. So I feel drawn to participate. Shamanism is something I read and dream about when I'm not under ordinary obligations.

First, Krystalargo, your initial post about Lemon Spirit Helper is still here in the thread. But it might not show up either because it's on a previous page or marked as "read" and filtered out.

Second, well there's no second. But I guess I should describe myself briefly after barging in as I did. Male, 52yo, engineer, husband to a chronically ill saint of a woman and father to a other-worldly daughter (who wants to study to be a medicine woman). Plus four cats and a dog (Molly's friend). Folks can read more about me on my blog. My interests are in the metaphysical: shamanism, psychic ability, mysticism, hypnosis, nature. (Tree spirits are not unusual, Krystalargo, and your Lemon is the portable Child of a Tree Spirit, no? The Japanese have discovered the restorative powers of Forests).

I will stop writing now and read more.

Peace
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby krystalargo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi There Square Peg! (and everyone else)

Glad you could join us. I think I am the only one whose specific focus in our Project Challenge is on Shamanic Journeys To Wellness. But some of the other people use these modalities in their lives for healing, etc. I like your comment that Lemon is a portable child of a Tree Spirit.

The other day during another acupuncture treatment I connected with a new Spirit Helper called Horatio MuchGood! I really tripped out over that name and checked it out several times and from different perspectives. Horatio is an adult male dragon who is a bright lemon yellow with what I call Spring Green color accents. I already have two other dragon helpers named Raven StarWood, a young black male and Jewell, a young peacock blues female. Raven is kind of a protective angel who flies or stays near me for my protection. Jewell lives inside me in the area of my spine kind of like the serpent energy of Kundalini. Her purpose is providing and participating in the power and passion of sexual encounters. I have a large intertwined tattoo of these two on my lower back near the sacrum. Not yet certain of Horatio MuchGood's purpose in my life, but I think he somehow represents Universal Intelligence and the pursuit thereof.

On Tuesday I purchased a bunch of small colorful plants--geraniums, begonias and coleus. So in addition to all the green ferns and other plants I now have beautiful bright colors in the big window sill next to my bed and some other areas. Their plant spirits are already talking to me and I to them. It is almost like being in the middle of a grand garden! Fills me with good energy and brightens my outlook on life.

BLESS BLESS!

Krystalargo
Krystalargo de Lindachrist Mailing: P.O. Box 445 Cotati, CA 94931 Residence: Sebastopol, CA Home/Office Phone: 707-824-9434 Cell Phone: 707-536-8198 E-mail: sacredhoop5@hotmail.com WebSite: http://www.sacredhoopjourney.com
krystalargo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby krystalargo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Dear Jana,

I found your entire post very interesting and thought provoking in a good way.

For help getting through your stuff with more ease and speed, check out EFT or Tapping on Google or specifically Nick and Jessica Ortner’s Tapping. Also on YouTube check out Brad Yates some 450 videos on EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques). I was told they were there, but haven’t yet looked. THIS IS THE STUFF MIRACLES ARE MADE OF! I am currently taking four different programs of further studying EFT.

Now, a remark(s) regarding where you are at in your chronological age and the stage of your life. From age 48 to my 60th birthday and really way beyond, I had some of the most amazing years of my life on every level that you could think of. Look forward to those years. And, as I said, the beyond years also—I am now 79 years young and still going strong after a couple years off for severe illness. Do not advise that detour route!

I have ordered that book and am eagerly awaiting it. But a lot of my time is taken up now with the I Could Do…book club. I like your wording “June Journey.”

And thanks for your other positive feedback in your other post, Jana.

BLESS BLESS!

KRYSTALARGO
Krystalargo de Lindachrist Mailing: P.O. Box 445 Cotati, CA 94931 Residence: Sebastopol, CA Home/Office Phone: 707-824-9434 Cell Phone: 707-536-8198 E-mail: sacredhoop5@hotmail.com WebSite: http://www.sacredhoopjourney.com
krystalargo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby AthenaCat42 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:26 am

Yes trees are very healing. When I lived in California I would often go to the redwoods nearby and sit with, and hug, a particular tree. I miss that. I am in the Florida Keys and trees here feel different to me. Maybe it's because I need the forest. I always pictured myself living in a place that had both forest and ocean. Also there are a lot of mangroves here, they love growing in the water (that's how many of the islands here develop, starting off from a lone mangrove tree poking it's head above the water. It's hard to hug a tree when you have to get in the water to do it, and the water around the mangroves can be quite - stinky. :-)

Although I read every post I do appreciate them while I may not comment on them.

I must admit I am starting to feel like rather the oddball wanting to come here for support building my business. Frankly I want daily accountability, and honestly need some cheerleaders, believing in me, it's hard to do all by myself when I'm launching into something totally new ... and Barbara talks about that "Isolation is a Dream Killer" .... but my posts don't quite seem to fit anymore.
AthenaCat42
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:15 am

AC42, I was also intrigued by your background and how you've progressed on your coaching plan. I do need to go back and re-read the posts in this thread again before I can encourage folks to make progress (as time permits).
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby AthenaCat42 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:26 pm

Cool SquarePeg, thanks for the response!!!

I go through ebbs & flows of feeling excited and feeling overwhelmed. There is a LOT to learn.

I had been working on setting up my email autoresponder but was feeling overwhelmed, so moved onto the next weeks' training and now feeling excited & hopeful again. There's the issues of learning the technology, of learning the language of the emails, of learning how to actually get them to hand over the cash (easy for me to do cheap or freebies!), wondering / hoping everything will work and my coaching program will launch / fearing it won't, having the "yes I know stuff!" and / "imposter" thing going on in my head. :-)

Right now I'm running through the template to see how many sales conversations I need to have to reach target - I worked on that before but one of the questions is the average value (also called cost) per client. That's how much of your time are you spending in marketing including on social media, how much money you're spending on background costs like your website, landing pages, autoresponder, and advertising for how many paying clients do you get back out of that. Also figuring out how many sales conversations do I need to have to bring on one new client

Since I don't currently have clients I have not been able to figure that out ... but the training video I went through today she said if you're brand new start with 6 sales conversation to bring on one high end client, and that over time I will end up needing to have fewer conversations to get to my target income goal.

I was writing things down as I was watching the video, need to go through it again and see if I can complete the spreadsheet. It sounds a bit complicated but basically to figure out how to make profit you have to figure out how much money you need to come in, then backtrack through your product offering, your number of new clients needed to reach that, and how many sales conversations you need to have to get the number of paying clients.

And that's just assuming one price point product ... I plan to have at least 3 tiers, maybe 5 ... I want to have the low end product package, the mid range membership package, the higher end (which is my current starting place) 90 day group coaching package, then a premium private coaching package, the I have planned a superb life changing week long getaway package to somewhere exotic. :-) And that's just one product line ... I have other things I want to launch like a couple inventions, a few books ...
AthenaCat42
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:30 pm

I wonder if it helps a lot to know what pricing the "competition" is using. Lynn Andrews offers those week-long getaways a few times each year.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby AthenaCat42 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:59 pm

Yes, it does help to know what other people are pricing things, but then also pricing is irrelevant. I know people who charge $37, some $97 events, some $997, some $10,000, some $50,000. That's the nice thing about having your own business, you can charge whatever rates you want. I know a guy who makes $1m in a weekend having a GROUP event. A SMALL one, only 8 people.

But of course it's not that simple - I cannot charge $10,000 for an event as I don't have the client base to support that ... yet.

Part of it also is how much income do I need in general for rent, food, business expenses, etc. I have to also take into account how much time I have available to put toward work - ALL work, which is client calls, teleseminars as well as learning, implementing, writing, & etc. Then for myself I have to think about my physical limitations - how many sales calls, any calls, can I actually have given how hard it is for me to speak?

Also how long is the program, and how is it implemented - am I having an in person weekend workshop? Private coaching? Group? Is it an online group or teleconference call group? How long will it take?

With a lot of forward, backward, inside out, I came up with $997 ... but after doing my worksheet I am wondering, given the number of phone calls I need to have to meet my annual expenses (including a bit for savings, some for taxes, and a cushion for the unexpected), if I should raise my price! I am planning to concurrently do writeups while I am working in real time with my clients. I want to automate this as much as possible. If I can write things up so it's a yearly / ongoing membership I can easily charge $100 a month (charge $1,200 per client) with virtually ZERO live & speaking interaction on my part. Ideally I would automate EVERYTHING and not interact live at all ever, nor speak.
AthenaCat42
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby krystalargo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:37 pm

Please, does anyone know where Johanna and Wen are? I have not seen any postings from them yet and June is almost gone. Do you know if they are o.k.?

BLESS BLESS!

Krystalargo
krystalargo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby krystalargo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:57 pm

Athena,

I am going to respond to the paragraph below that I copied from one of your posts.

With a lot of forward, backward, inside out, I came up with $997 ... but after doing my worksheet I am wondering, given the number of phone calls I need to have to meet my annual expenses (including a bit for savings, some for taxes, and a cushion for the unexpected), if I should raise my price! I am planning to concurrently do writeups while I am working in real time with my clients. I want to automate this as much as possible. If I can write things up so it's a yearly / ongoing membership I can easily charge $100 a month (charge $1,200 per client) with virtually ZERO live & speaking interaction on my part. Ideally I would automate EVERYTHING and not interact live at all ever, nor speak.

THIS IS JUST ME SPEAKING. PERSONALLY i WOULD NOT PAY THAT MUCH FOR A "RELATIONSHIP" THAT WAS FULLY AUTOMATIC. TAKING THE HUMAN "TOUCH" AND VOICE OUT OF THE CONTACT WOULD NOT INTEREST ME AT ALL. i HAVE DONE A COUPLE OF COACHING CONTRACTS WITH PEOPLE AND THEY HAVE INCLUDED PHONE CALLS, SKYPE HOOKUPS WITH OUR WITHOUT A CAM, MANY, MANY PERSONAL E-MAIL EXCHANGES ETC.

SOME OF THE ONLINE COURSES THAT I AM CURRENTLY INVOLVED IN ARE PRETTY AUTOMATED, BUT EVEN SO, i AM ABLE TO E-MAIL TO ASK QUESTIONS OR MAKE COMMENTS, AND A REAL PERSON RESPONDS. AND FOR THESE MORE AUTOMATED COURSES THE COST IS MUCH LESS, HAS PAYMENT PLANS FOR OPTIONS AND SOME LIVE Q & A INTERACTIONS AND ALSO PLACES WHERE THEY WORK LIVE WITH CLIENTS ONLINE AND WE CAN LISTEN IN OR CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE. ALSO THESE ARE ALREADY ESTABLISHED PRESENTERS WHO ARE WELL KNOWN. THESE COURSES OFFER A LOT OF FREE VIDEOS AND FREE BONUS ITEMS AS PERKS, TOO. YOU MIGHT HAVE TO CHARGE LESS AND "KEEP YOUR DAY JOB" OR WHATEVER IS SUPPORTING YOU ALREADY AND CHARGE LESS TO BEGIN WITH.

ALSO MAYBE AT FIRST IT WOULD BE BETTER TO STICK WITH YOUR 90-DAY PLAN RATHER THAN A LONGER PERIOD WHICH MIGHT BE HARDER FOR YOU TO KEEP UP WITH DUE TO THE INTERFERENCE OF PAIN INTERVALS.

I spent more than a year with the kind and degree of pain that you seem to b e encountering. When it is at the screaming crying stage, the pain does absorb all thoughts, energy etc. I wish you healing and relief from the pain. I am certain there is/are a solution(s). I know the miracle of pain relief can happen cause it happened for me! I send you love & good energy.

BLESS BLESS!

Krystalargo
krystalargo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:18 pm

Krystalargo, I love the theme of the journey. Of course yours is a very special type of journey, but I love reading about it because I think we're all on some type of journey.

I'm guessing that Johanna and Wen either decided not to join the success team or couldn't find it. Since this is my forth year with HO, I'm not usually reading the HO posts at the same time as they are. But maybe someone could ask "Where are you?" on the Hanging Out posts.

I'm glad that you're all hanging out here as well.

Me - I'm accomplishing a few steps each day, both toward the writing, and doing the things that I've put off that really need to be done. Yesterday, I finished eight steps, and I think seven the day before :D which is really good for me.

Good vibes and wishes to you all.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:44 am

This method of pricing seems a bit "wishy-washy" to me. The pricing model in the manufacturing sector seems so much more reassuring to me. Just add the cost of the parts, the time/labor involved to assemble, overhead (which might include advertising, utilities, machine maintenance, paying off capital investment) and then add 50% or whatever profit margin your industry will support. There are niche markets where the price of a product can be as high as the market will support due to low supply / high demand.

AC42, like Krystalargo, I was startled to realize that you're planning to have no direct contact with clients other than the initial sales call. Perhaps I've misunderstood. But it makes me wonder, what aspect of this business appeals to you? Maybe your business should be to setup a coaching business rather than conduct your own coaching business. I realize I still have a lot of reading of previous posts, and I apologize for attempting to participate without a better background of your goals.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby krystalargo » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:17 pm

HERE IS MY LATEST SHAMANIC JOURNEY TO WELLNESS. IT WAS DONE EARLY THIS MORNING SUNDAY, JUNE 28, 2015. IT IS LENGTHY. READ ALL, PART OR NONE, AS YOU WISH. KRYSTALARGO

“THE JOURNEY TO WELLNESS WITH THE DANDELIONS”
By Krystalargo de Lindachrist
EXPERIENCED & WRITTEN ABOUT JUNE 28, 2015
Aside note: Lately I have been doing all my writing wearing headphones and listening to the amazing piano and orchestra music of Mozart. It is a 6-hour segment of piano music that I discovered on YouTube and is awesomely wonderful and inspiring. My mind really travels far and wide
Very early on this Sunday morning my Mexican novio/partner (boyfriend/caregiver) had walked to Starbucks and brought back my favorite breakfast of white chocolate expresso coffee and a ham & egg breakfast sandwich. Only a good choice of food for my emotional self and not particularly good for my physical health. But yummy anyhow! Salvador left for work at 6 a.m. and I thought I would grab a few more hours of sleep. However, the coffee was too energizing for that so I decided to make myself available for a Shamanic Journey To Wellness. That was a good choice of using my time, because the Journey began almost immediately. with me being inundated with a cloud of dandelion little umbrella or parachute seeds floating lazily but purposefully around and against my body that was lying naked on a bed of green grass in a meadow-like setting.

Each dandelion seed carried with it the ingredients and he power to induce and support a higher level of health in my entire physical body system. Hundred of the seeds penetrated my skin and carried their gifts to the interior regions of my body. AND because there really is no separation in my mind of the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual “bodies” I noticed a rise in vibrational energies throughout my entire beingness.

I then, through a communication from my Spirit Helper Lemon, again became aware of the importance of the color yellow in my life. I was shown a huge field of dandelions and reminded of their true existence during a short stay in 1995 in the state of Iowa and in a town called Coral. Just looked this up on Google and it looks like the actual name of the town is Coralville.

In 1995 I had just finished my about 14-month apprenticeship with Kayla Moonwatcher to become a Shamanic Journey Guide (as opposed to being an actual Shaman). Kayla, a classmate (male) named Olixn and I had been invited to Coralville, Iowa to do a week of Shamanic Journey Healing for a group of friends there. This whole trip was a Shamanic Journey in and of itself! Kayla went first and Olixn and I drove together a couple of days later. Each of us had a separate room in a large house in which to conduct the Journeys. Each of us had three journeys per day to do—morning, afternoon and evening. Each Journey lasted three or four hours because we were doing the Intention Phase and then the Journey right after that rather than in two separate meetings. This whole approximately 10 days trip was, indeed, a magical, mystical, incredulous time! Almost everyone experienced massive amounts of healings, but a few refused to allow themselves to travel to and in the Other Worlds so didn’t have so much benefit.

During all my time in Coralville, I kept noticing all the millions, yes, millions, of dandelions in yards and fields. They were everywhere, and were bigger, fuller, and more yellow than my whole experience of dandelions. When I was a child my parents and neighbors used to pay me ½ penny per dandelion blossom that I pulled off and trashed. Believe it or not, I made a pretty good income for a child from that activity. I shudder now at the disrespect I had for those beautiful flowers that were regarded, and still are regarded, as weeds! Sometimes in Iowa there were what seemed to be acres of dandelions. I became entranced with them.

At that time I had had my first Native American Sacred Pipe, my Eagle Pipe (chunupa), about three years. I was actively seeking and creating my own herbal smoking mix for my Pipe, I “got” that I should include dried dandelion blossoms in the mix. So before we left Iowa, I went around and picked enough dandelions to fill a large plastic bag. After returning to Colorado, I decided to immediately put out the dandelion blossoms to dry. I set up my massage table, covered it with plastic, and carefully laid out all the still fresh, yellow dandelion blossoms on the table. They covered it rather thickly, and this was probably between 10 and 11 p.m. that I did this.

I slept about 8 hours and I got up the next morning expecting to have to turn the flowers so that they could better dry. To my amazement and utter astonishment (wish I could have taken a picture of the look on my face!), instead of dried yellow flowers, my massage table was completely covered with a layer of fluffy dandelion heads that had completely transformed into the seed stage with the little umbrellas in those few short hours. I remember just standing there transfixed at the sight! I could hardly believe my eyes—yet there was the miracle proof right there on my massage table.

Later in the day I gathered up all those seeds and eventually did incorporate them into my smoking mix. All these years later I still have kept a small amount of that smoking mix to remind me of the transformational power of dandelions and the miracle that happened. I like to think that as I smoked that mix, the prayers in it were carried far and wide and high by those little dandelion seeds.

Next, after those intense memories, I was instructed that all parts of the dandelion plant were beneficial herbally and medicinally for me at this time of my life. I was also told by Lemon that I should study the benefits of each part of the dandelion and incorporate them into my intake of food as soon as possible. I have looked up and perused one long article on the Internet so far—very interesting. I will do more.

At the very last of the Shamanic Journey To Wellness today, I was reminded that Urine is also yellow and that I should reacquaint myself with the benefits of Urine Therapy. I used to have a collection of books on this subject, but lost them along the way of all my moving around. I have used both the external and internal methods of healing with urine. I will follow up on this recommendation too.

So that is my Shamanic Journey for so far this day. The total time used was about twenty minutes at the most. I consider this quite a good investment of my time for such a rich amount of information. I am pleased and renewed!

BLESS BLESS!

Krystalargo de Lindachrist
June 28, 2015
krystalargo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby AthenaCat42 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:28 am

I understand what you are saying about pricing, and believe me right now *I* do not have $997 to pay for a course. But that doesn't mean other people don't, and it doesn't mean that I haven't paid that in the past for something that was worth it to me.

I have been studying this since 2005, I have not been able to implement a lot of what I learned then, but I did pay, yes, $997 for an incredibly valuable program about marketing yourself, to take your business to the next level in terms of both automating and providing packages at many levels. I can feel your feelings in your writings about it, but it doesn't mean that what I'm saying isn't true and hasn't worked for many other people.

I see what my friends are doing, the ones I took that marketing course with, I see it working. Again the $997 isn't for the masses, it's for the 10%. I will be creating other lower price point packages. And also higher price point packages.

I can't go into everything I have learned in the last 10 years here, but it's not about buying or selling - it's about explaining what you have to offer and the value in it. I'm not selling a program or package really, but a lifestyle, a lifestyle change. Just like Disneyland doesn't sell a theme park but explains the fantasy & adventure & family connection they have to offer.

This is all I can say about this here ... I've been sick the last few days so I may not be writing my next "adventure" on this journey for a bit!
AthenaCat42
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby krystalargo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:17 am

ATHENA

I CAN SEE, HEAR AND TELL THAT YOU ARE GETTING MORE AND MORE CLEAR BOTH ON WHAT YOU CAN AND WILL BE OFFERING AS WELL AS BEING CLEAR ON WHAT YOUR PRICING WILL INCLUDE AND WHAT THAT DOLLAR AMOUNT WILL BE. GOOD FOR YOU!

BLESS BLESS!

KRYSTALARGO
krystalargo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Informal Success Teams