chicago success team

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

chicago success team

Postby mmz » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:24 pm

I would love to hook-up with a success team. Please e-mail me with details or if you have a group already started. e-mail me @ nlighten1@earthlink.net
mmz
New User
New User

Chicago success team

Postby Hairy » Thu May 20, 2004 8:57 pm

Did you find anything? I'm new and looking for a team to help me start down the path.
Hairy Sullivan
Hairy
New Poster
New Poster

Chicago Suburban Informal Team?

Postby Panstygia » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:35 pm

Did anybody ever hook up from out here in the burbs? Would love to get a group started. Anybody up for it?
"It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not." Unknown
Panstygia
New User
New User

Chicago success teams

Postby Hairy » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:09 am

I haven't heard anything. Ther was a person in Naperville but she's on haitus due to pregnancy. I don't know if a newbee like myself is qualified to lead a group. I personally would feel more comfortable initially being a participant.
Hairy Sullivan
Hairy
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Debi » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:05 pm

I'd be very interested in joining a group in Chicago! Please let me know if anyone else is interested. Debi
Debi
New User
New User

Here's a thought...

Postby Panstygia » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:21 pm

I'm going to see Barbara live when she's here in Chicago at the end of the month. I know they're going to talk about how to start a group at the workshop so I'll see what's involved and if I think I can at least get us started, let's try to find a time/place to meet. Then maybe when the woman in Naperville comes off maternity leave, she can help us even further. All I know is, I really need to do something. Now. I'm tired of waiting for tomorrows to come. I'll post back after I go see Barbara's workshop on the 31st. Meanwhile, don't hesitate to keep in touch with any ideas you all might have, or to let me know if this is something you all might be interested in. Thanks! Nanc
"It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not." Unknown
Panstygia
New User
New User

Chicago Success Team

Postby LPB » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:03 pm

Hi everyone :P I'm from Bolingbrook.... and I'm interested in a success team or idea party as well. What's the latest on this group :roll: ? Is there a place, date and time set up yet? Let's get this party started people :P Please update this topic or the teams progress. Ta Ta for now.... Will check back later for responses!
LPB
New Poster
New Poster

My Progress

Postby Hairy » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:03 am

In order to get a outside perspective on my career I've begun meeting with a career coach from my local Jr. college (College of DuPage; COD). It's a free service for in-district residents. She and I are talking and she's been giving small tasks to do to get me thinking and working in the right direction. It's helping. We are working on identifying my strengths and skills, knowing that what I should be doing should utilize both. This is much like Barbara's message. My coach recommended a book to read 'The Purpose Driven Life'. It's a 40 day spiritual reflection. I have just started it, and if you're interrested I'll keep you informed if it helps. Since we can't get a team leader identified to start a group, how about we throw thing out on this message board and informally help each other? Thoughts?
Hairy Sullivan
Hairy
New Poster
New Poster

Postby JJ » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:44 am

OK I am the newest newbie you can find in Chicago! I just registered on this site and have never done any chat pages anywhere, anytime. I LOVE Barbara and her philosophy. I, of course, saw her on PBS a couple times...l sent money in and received her tape, Idea Book and Dream workbook. I just finished the workbook and beleive I have confirmed what I am really good at and a dream. Actually last time I watched Barbara on PBS my daughter was with me and she looked at me and told me what my dream job was....surprised that I did not know it!!! :idea: I also received, for my PBS donation, two tickets to her live appearance here on July 31st (of course, I am taking my daughter, who knows her passionate dream and could use help moving further forward). I hope to be one of her Idea Party \"victims\" that night! I definitely want to have an Idea Party at home (northwest side of Chicago), especially if I do not get to be one of Barbaras selected \"victims\" on the 31st. Then, boy, will I be ready for a Success Team :!:
Talented at re-designing rooms!
JJ
New User
New User

Postby BarbaraSher » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:48 pm

Hi everybody There is an official Success Team leader in Chicago (she's in the Registered Leaders Announcements topic -- maybe we should change that title.) Here she is: Illinois, Chicago Carmella successchicago@yahoo.com And thanks for the kind words. I hope the people who came enjoyed themselves as much as I did. Grand people, great workshop.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Chicago Idea Party

Postby rsholden » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:09 pm

I am hosting an Idea Party in Chicago as soon as I can find enough people. If you're interested, please email me. I'd also like to form an informal success team, so let me know if you're interested in that too! Rachel (Edited to remove email address, as I no longer live in Chicago.)
Last edited by rsholden on Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
rsholden
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Moonracer » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:43 pm

I'd love to participate in a Chicago area group. I am in the western suburbs. Anyone else?
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: chicago success team

Postby robinsimons » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:04 pm

mmz wrote:I would love to hook-up with a success team. Please e-mail me with details or if you have a group already started. e-mail me @ nlighten1@earthlink.net
I'm interested too- let me know if you heard anything, ok?
robinsimons
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

chicago success team

Postby rsholden » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:42 am

I started a group on Meetup.com to get things a little more organized: http://newcareer.meetup.com/69/ I live in Bucktown, so meetings will probably be in North/Northwest Chicago. I'll set a date and time for a first meeting once I have enough members. If you're interested in finding out more, please go to the site and sign up! Thanks, and Happy Dreaming! Rachel
rsholden
New Poster
New Poster

chicago informal success team

Postby rsholden » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:51 pm

Meetup.com has just instituted new fees. Therefore I moved my Chicago informal success team to Yahoo groups at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/barbara_sher_chicago/ I'd love to hear from some new Chicago people... the more the merrier! Rachel
rsholden
New Poster
New Poster

Next

Return to Informal Success Teams