chicago success team

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

11 people

Postby Indigo Ro » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:52 am

Hi everyone, I just moved to the Chicago area and noticed this forum. I moved here from Toronto and we had an informal group there, why not start one here? It's not difficult. The hardest part is finding a location. In Toronto we originally decided to rotate locations using people's homes. However, one of the participants decided it was easier for her that everyone just came to her place. I'm in the middle of renovations so I'm of no use. But if there's 11 interested people including myself, that's more than enough. Actually, it's too much. Six is a good number. I don't know how current this is, or if there's still people interested but I'll be keeping an eye on this.... Wendy
"No seed ever sees the flower."
Indigo Ro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Moonracer » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:43 pm

Informal sounds good to me. I've been having difficulty finding a running group in my area anyway. My house wouldn't work either, but a neutral place could work. I am in the western suburbs, but I work just outside Chicago. Maybe we can find a place? Where do you live/work? Anyone else want to chime in?
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

skokie

Postby Indigo Ro » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:05 pm

I live on the Chicago/Skokie border and work from home...at the moment. I'm really close to the expressway, though, and I have a car. I don't know Chicago that well yet, so I'm not a good one to start making suggestions for neutral places to meet. Our Toronto team ended up being whittled down (people just dropped out) to 3 of us. The group itself lasted 3 years, maybe? It was nice, but in reality, you need a minimum of 4- preferably more because people have different reasons for not being able to commit or not finding the time, etc. Besides, the more people, the more contacts they know and the more brains there is to brainstorm! I can be emailed at wendy_artline@yahoo.com. :P W
Indigo Ro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby loverofbooks » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:31 am

Hi all! I just joined the yahoo group. Didn't see any posts or chats. Maybe I wasn't viewing correctly? Or it's too new? Anyway, I'm in the northwest burbs if anybody wants to do an informal session out this way let me know. Chicago is too far for me. loverofbooks
loverofbooks
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

location, location....

Postby Indigo Ro » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:45 pm

I live in Skokie and would love an informal success group- how close is that to you? Wendy
Indigo Ro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby loverofbooks » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:01 pm

Hi Wendy. Well according to mapquest we're about an hour apart. Yikes. I'm way northwest. I guess it's yahoo and this forum for now....talk to you online!
loverofbooks
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

shucks

Postby Indigo Ro » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:26 pm

That's too bad. Anyone called loverofbooks gets my attention right away! Wendy
Indigo Ro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Moonracer » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:35 pm

And I'm far west...drat. What if we met once a month? That wouldn't be so bad. Perhaps we could find a neutral/central location, or we could take turns. Or if someone is willing (God bless you), we could keep going to their place. Any other ideas?
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Just Tri It » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:34 pm

Well, I have to chime in that I'm interested - I'm near Joliet, so far west 'burbs or Chicago south side would work for me. Has anyone from the Chicago area ever met up? I know this thread was started a while ago. Did those of you at the beginning ever get together? It sounds like at one point there was enough interest for two groups?
Just Tri It
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Chicago success team

Postby mjcrvp » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:27 pm

:x Ok, that's it. :bash: Chicago is way too big a city not to have multiple teams in place, and this thread has been going on too long without an apparent resolution. My wife and I live in Brookfield, which is not that far from several other towns listed. We'd be willing to host a team meeting!!!! :!: Let's get it on. :!:
mjcrvp
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Megerie » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:14 am

I live in the Downers Grove area and will drive just about anywhere within an hour to meet with a group. I have so many ideas for my life but need help making them happen. I could check in to using a room at the library, meeting at a bookstore with a lounge area or somewhere else. I would like to meet within the next week - anyone?
Megerie
New Poster
New Poster

Postby mjcrvp » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:37 am

Megerie, That would be great :!: Listen, are you familiar with the William Tell Inn in Countryside, IL? It's just west of La Grange Road on Joliet Road. Anyway, I'm sure I could arrange to host a small group meeting for FREE as long as people agreed to buy something from their buffet to eat. I'd have to double check, but I'm sure I could arrange it. If not the offer still stands for my wife and I to host (We're in Brookfield. I hope you don't mind if you'd only have to drive 20 minutes. :jawdrop: :lol: :idea: Besides, we would be free advertising for them if we liked the food :!: Feel free to e-mail me for further details: mjcrvp@aol.com
mjcrvp
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Just Tri It » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:29 am

Hey, I'm all over this! I know exactly where William Tell is! I believe one of my sports banquets from high school was held there... Anyway, count me in on this. It would be lovely to get an informal group going. :)
Just Tri It
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Success Team

Postby Megerie » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:57 am

Sounds great! I could do Mon, Tues or Wed evening. How about you guys?
Megerie
New Poster
New Poster

Meeting

Postby Megerie » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:54 am

It sounds like this week is out so - - How about next Tuesday or Wednesday at 7pm at either DePaul's Naperville campus or at the Downers Grove Library? I go to DePaul and there's always a lot of room available for small groups, and it's easy access from I88. Downers Grove Library has a literature room that holds up to 6 people, it can be reserved a week in advance and is open next Tues evening. Or else can someone suggest another time, place and date?
Megerie
New Poster
New Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Informal Success Teams