chicago success team

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby Moonracer » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:30 pm

Next Tuesday is good for me (7:00 would be great). I like the DG library, and it is pretty easy to find (I-88 to Highland/Main). It's a little more central than Naperville for those in the most easterly/northerly burbs. But Naperville is fine with me, too. I can check on my library (Glen Ellyn), but it's further north. The William Tell works too. Further East, but not too bad--easy access via I-55 or 294. Anyone else?
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Just Tri It » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:45 pm

That would work for me, assuming my car gets fixed by next week. :) I don't have any other location suggestions, unless y'all[*] want to come down to New Lenox! I went to DePaul too, so I know exactly where it is in Naperville. I also know where the DG library is. Not so sure about the GE library, but I know where the town is, so I'm sure I could find it. [*] I'm so far south now I'm learning to speak Southern. :)
Just Tri It
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Meeting

Postby Megerie » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:27 pm

OK, I will call the DG library and reserve the room, if we need to adjust I'll just call and cancel or change it, but I want to get the reservation in ASAP. Are you in mjcrvp? Anyone else? Directions are at http://www.downersgrovelibrary.org/page ... rking.html
Megerie
New Poster
New Poster

Postby mjcrvp » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:21 am

:!: No problem. Both Mary Pat & I are in. All we need is a date, time and place; and we'll be there. Sorry about the short notice for this week, but I figured I just needed to take the plunge and set a date.
The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; 'tis dearness only that gives everything it's value. --Thomas Paine
mjcrvp
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Meeting

Postby Megerie » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:22 am

OK, I've reserved the room for Tuesday at 7pm :P I don't know exactly where the room is in the library so I guess I'll ask when I get there.
Megerie
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Just Tri It » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:27 am

So what kind of preparation should we do for a success team meeting? I've never been to one before.
Just Tri It
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Informal Meeting

Postby Megerie » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:38 am

OK, I just changed the subject of my post to Informal Meeting, 'coz I don't know either. I hope to have the book Teamworks: Building Support Groups That Guarantee Success by the end of this week so that I can get up to speed.
Megerie
New Poster
New Poster

Postby loverofbooks » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:19 am

Hi everyone! Just Tri It let me know about the meeting next week. Just as I was checking the directions I realized my car is being repaired next week. Darn it! It would have been a long drive for me anyway. Keep us posted as to how it goes.
loverofbooks
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Moonracer » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:55 pm

LOB, where are you located? Maybe one of us could pick you up. Or pick you up from a train station? I've never heard of that book. Is it one of Barbara's?
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Meeting

Postby Megerie » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:08 pm

Hi All - I am really looking forward to our meeting tomorrow night. I still don't have Barbara's book: Teamworks!: building support groups that guarantee success from my library but it's on the shelf at the DG library so I'm betting it will still be there tomorrow. I can also bring a Wishcraft exercise that I used in a class presentation in case we need material, but I'm guessing that with introductions, and working out the meeting format and details that we'll be busy enough. My needs are to be kept accountable and on schedule for the things I want to do and help in brainstorming for ideas to achieve my goals. Anyone else want to add in their expectations so that we have an idea before we meet?
Megerie
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Moonracer » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:35 pm

I suck. I completely forgot about the meeting. I hope things went well. Sorry for the no-show, everyone.
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Chicago Idea Party

Postby Drisha » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:45 pm

Hello I just saw Barbara on Public TV from Gary, and I'm excited to get re-acquainted with the Idea Party/Success Team process. I was part of one years and years ago, back east. I seem to have achieved most of my dreams from that time. Now, I'm wanting to use this process to help me shape the next three years of my life--toward being able to retire if I want to, but not having to retire if I don't want to. I'm on the South Side, in Hyde Park. I'm aiming for February for an Idea Party. Any takers?
Drisha
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Moonracer » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:08 am

I might be interested...depending on my crazy schedule... :?
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

chicago success team

Postby outremont » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:29 pm

I'm in Orland Park. Does anyone know if there's a success team anywhere near here? Thanks!
outremont
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Informal Success Teams