Oakland Success Team

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Starting a group in Berkeley?

Postby qualitydag » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:46 pm

Hi, does anyone know if there might be a group in Berkeley? If not, perhaps if an Oakland group starts and can be an on-line group I could hang out with you folks. Clifford
blossoming in life
qualitydag
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Group in Berkeley or Oakland

Postby Rauqyroad » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:18 pm

Clifford: I'd be really interested in joining a group in Berkeley or Oakland. Have you had any other response? Rachel
Rauqyroad
New Poster
New Poster

Postby qualitydag » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:39 pm

No, I'm guessing that perhaps people enjoy the on line support here in Berkeley where I live. Actually I'd rather there was a group in Berkeley than Oakland. I'm still trying to figure out how to make money in a way that makes me feel really connected to....for lack of a better word, God. Perhaps I should say, the goodness with in me. Have many ideas but not anything immediate. What is it that you are wanting to create in your life?
blossoming in life
qualitydag
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby scottjs » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:37 am

Hi there! Maybe I could join your group? I am being ignored in San Francisco!!! scott
scottjs
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby qualitydag » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:54 am

Hi Scott, there is no group as of yet. Still waiting for more people to show interest. :roll:
blossoming in life
qualitydag
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby scottjs » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:55 pm

Oh no group??? Well thanks anyway. Maybe who ever is here can meet for a informal idea party one of these days!!! scott
scottjs
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Interested

Postby a_mock » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:24 am

Hi - I live in Berkeley and was part of a Wishcraft group for 10 years. Amazing things happened for everyone. I would like to be part of a Wishcraft group again. So if it's happening - or an one-time informal party - count me in.
a_mock
New Poster
New Poster

Postby scottjs » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:42 pm

A mock. I know that the team that is in Sausalito is going to have a idea party sometimes this month!!! I don't have the paper work in front of me but you could look under Wishcraft groups (Marin) to find a date. They have a regular group which I could not afford to go to but I might show up for the idea party!!! Good luck, scott
scottjs
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Charging money for group participate?

Postby qualitydag » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:06 pm

Wow, I didn't realize that one had to pay for being in a group. Is this the norm or is it rare when this happens?
blossoming in life
qualitydag
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby scottjs » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:35 pm

Quality I am not sure when the idea started, but I don't like it. Most people I have met in the groups don't have that much extra money. My wife and I sure don't. I guess it makes sense that the group leaders get paid. But I always thought the purpose of Wishcraft was for people with little money to get their dreams answered. I am not sure how many groups actually charge but the ones I have found do!! About $500.00 dollars. Thats why I am posting on these boards so much. To save money. Good talking to you, scott
scottjs
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Well, I really shouldn't be shocked I guess.

Postby qualitydag » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:05 pm

One has to remember where one is living. The U.S. has made it sort of a religion, this money thing. It seems to seep in to our minds as the way to relate to each other at a certain level. Positive support means different things to different people. I love when some \"spiritual\" groups call spending money your \"commitment\". I would really like to see a more honest way to put it, something like this, \"we need money to pay our rent, eat ting and to pay bills so that we can not worry about survival, so we NEED your money\". That would be so honest of those who charge in the name of spirituality. Instead they seem to put an invisible cloak of responsibility on people by using a buzz word that immediately evokes guilt or responsibility that is thrust upon their subconscious minds. We have it so backwards. We have been brainwashed into helping for cash. Mother Teresa, Peace Pilgrim (http://www.peacepilgrim.org) Nisargadatta (.org) Jesus (perhaps?) Didn't charge money because they really loved people and kept their need level to a minimum so that they could be of real service to all who needed it. Those that really want the help will get it because that's how the \"universe works\" The old saying \"well if I had a job, I couldn't be full time helping others\" feels like people don't really have true faith that the those that are bound for their help will for sure come, that is how the \"law of attraction works\" from the book \"Ask and It Given\". Why not work a job or do something one loves and on the side help those who don't have money as well as those that do? It takes more than an idea and \"jargon\" to really be honest about ones intentions. Imagine a mother telling her child \"I'll give you this band aide when you give me a commitment of money because I have to pay the rent\". Can you imagine that that can be possible? This is the point that people are missing when they are putting themselves out in the world to help others. One helps through true love without not conditions placed on an other such as money. My point being, we are too immature to even try to be helping others if we have to ask for money from anyone. the blind leading the blind, accept some people have a gift for speaking of things that can help clarify or support people. We have been conditioned by our society so deeply that we can't seem to experience love and giving for the beauty in it. This of course is my own feeling about this kind of thing.
blossoming in life
qualitydag
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby scottjs » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:34 pm

Quality--very good points. But I will not spend my time argueing with the powers that be about it. I am here to work on a goal and thats what I am going to do. The people that run the groups have the right to make a liveing. Though in the groups I was in in the past we had nobody paid in charge. Things have changed. And I don't like it much eather. All we can do is work within the sytem. Or quit it. sigh. scott
scottjs
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

keep up the work then...

Postby qualitydag » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:03 pm

keep positive and keep doing what will make you reach your dreams as I will try and do that same:)
blossoming in life
qualitydag
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

I have a very new and very wonderful secret for you....

Postby qualitydag » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:56 pm

Do what I did, take a chance and pay 4.95 to watch something on line from your computer (if you have DSL or higher speed) This may very well change your live(s) It has effected me very deeply because of a certain problem I had fusing an \"OK-ness\" about being \"spiritual\" + desiring creativity and abundant happiness. Now I feel aligned with my own being and can start to really live from this point on in a way that I couldn't allow myself. For the first time in my life, the Buddhist nagging person in my head is quiet, no more guilt. I am not confused anymore. It IS a real miracle for me. http://thesecret.tv/home.html
blossoming in life
qualitydag
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Informal Success Teams