Des Moines Success Team April29

Find each other here and set up your own informal Success Teams. Registered leaders will visit and can be asked questions.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby boatdance » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:52 pm

Sorry guys, I've tried to call Val a few times with no luck to see how things were going with her. This is my busy time with Toastmasters. I've been to 2 area contests, 3 division contests, the district conference in Marshalltown and this week is the regional here in Des Moines. Plus I've went on a canoe trip in Eldora, been in St Louis area since the 25th, just got back but had a great time with my sisters doing a lot of reaquainting with St. Louis. Some disappointing news on the dream part. There isn't a good building site that meets the requirements for being far enough away from the creek (for septic) and if I meet the septic restriction its too far away for the existing well to be any good. So I think I've found an alternative site that meets requirements but will mean drilling another well. The current well is only 25 feet deep so it might not be too bad anyway. I'm going to try and contact everyone this week or next and see if we can get a face to face with everyone. This is what I know about Meg. She was having problems with her work computer but has finally gotten that straightened out. She was in Chicago and has made her dentist appointments. Is still reading the internet books and has put in two new applications. Contacted some new leads and went to help her sister in Minniapolis last tiime I talked with her. Don is supposed to be in for the pork expo starting June 10th. Anyone up for bbq pork? Talk with you later
boatdance
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby boatdance » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:37 pm

Talked with Val and Lynn and Don. Everyone seems to be doing fine. I'm looking to have an idea party for the 27th of June. Let me know if you are interested. Hoping to get a hold of Darlene and Meg this weekend.
boatdance
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby urbanpioneer » Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:21 am

I'll be leaving for Michigan on the 26th or possibly very early the 27th, so I can't be there.
urbanpioneer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Coffee, anyone?

Postby urbanpioneer » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:02 am

I'm not ignoring you. I'm still trying to work out my schedule to see when to fit this in. Next Monday MIGHT work. Lunch at the CHAT NOIR in Sherman HIll, anyone? I am hoping to do a test run of my bin shields at the Metro Market on June 26th, but I'm not sure if that will work yet. I'll let everyone know if it will, and anyone who wants to stop by for a moment and be a cheering section or just be a shill in the crowd and say things like. "Wow! What a great idea! I just have to buy one! Boy, this would make a great gift! And what a great price!" Any moral support would be appreciated!
urbanpioneer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby urbanpioneer » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:12 am

I'm still not sure if I'll be able to do my test market by June 26th. I've got them all cut out, Ariel helped big-time with that, but the sewing is pretty slow going. I maybe have 24 of the 100 I think I'll need done. If this works and people like this product the rest will DEFINITELY be manufactured in Mexico! They'll have the machines and the facilities to do it better than I can at my kitchen table. Hugh and girls are leaving tonight for the ranch so I will have no distractions other than that I have to work all day Saturday. I'm going to sew like a fiend again tonight. Life is still this constant whirlwind that doesn't slow down! Yesterday for example, I took the girls to the barn for their lesson, then took Heather back to school, went home and got dressed, went back downtown for Heather's graduation ceremony, had just enough time to get Ariel to her orthodontist appt, and then to my meeting with Adult Ed coordinator for my class in Urban Pioneering this fall, then to the grocery store for dinner stuff, after dinner, sew, sew, sewing until 10pm! Whew! Every day is like this! I'm looking forward to our trip to Michigan. Enforced relaxation until I'm sucked into the black hole of my father's "To-Do" list. I feel obligated to help. My parents aren't getting any younger, and someday the place will be mine. Oh, well, I can sleep when I'm dead!
urbanpioneer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby boatdance » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:56 pm

Hey everyone. I'm not getting much response for the 27th even from those that live in DM and were interested in a party. Do we want to try for the middle of July? Let me know. Kathy
boatdance
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby urbanpioneer » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:05 am

I AM doing my test marketing gig tomorrow at the Metro Market! Any and all moral support words of encouragement, etc would be greatly appreciated. Why do you (I) always have a crises of confidence right before anything new? I'm having nghtmares that I'll stand there all day and not sell a single one. Everybody will look at me like I'm nuts or just stupid. Of, well! I'm committed now. And my daughters are gong to be there to help me. They used to work at the Metro Market as Saturday afternoon cleaners, so they know all the vendors and everything about the place. (We didn't let those pesky child labor laws get in the way!) wish me luck! I may not be able to post result, we leave for MI VERY early the following morning.
urbanpioneer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby MOrocks » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:24 am

:D Sounds like a great test market, Lynn. Time for marketing ideas - of the people who bought, what do they have in common? (Besides good taste and good sense.) Do they all shop at a particular place, belong to a certain club, pass a certain location at least once a week, live in a certain area; in short, where can you get their attenction? Where can you \"snag\" them - where can you get them to see your product? :idea: What else do they need? How bout a cooperative venture with another seller of something? :roll: By the way, I didn't get my \"notification\" of a post to the list. Maybe that feature is not working. I will now check the list from time to time. Meg - how did the dance go? I have been snail racing through life on a molasses course on a cool day, seems like. A lapidary and/or smithing lesson once a month, a little this, a little that, not much of anything. Signed up of a MO Extesnsion course for starting an eBay biz, will be 2 thursday nights 19 and 26 August in Kirksville. Hoping the course will light a fire under my butt. I have located a course on silversmithing and jewelry design in Taos, NM, I would really like to take, but money and travel is a big factor. Maybe an idea party \"HELP!\" question there. Hello out there? Darlene :D
MOrocks
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby MOrocks » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:34 am

:twisted: Oh by the way, Lynn, hold the gun to their family's heads head, not yours. (That's a metaphorical gun, of course.) (\"Without this product, you've got wild vicious germs chasing your kids all over your filthy yard and your husband will be impotent. . .\")(or, \"and your husband will be potent.\") :twisted: Dar
MOrocks
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby MOrocks » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:20 pm

:oops: I apologize for not posting to the round of emails. I was just overwhelmed at the time. Are we still using this format, too? It would be nice to hear from everybody. Mother had a bad spell and a short stay in the hospital and I just didn't keep up. Are we still trying to get together for face time? I hope to be in Dm for the gem show on the 23 and/or 24 October. Darlene Reger
MOrocks
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby urbanpioneer » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:29 pm

Well, here's an update from me. I am teaching a class in urban pioneering called "Restoring an old house; Could the investment fit you?" This is through the DM Public Schools Adult Education Divison. The class starts this Tuesday night for two hours and next week for another two. The coordinator emailed me and said 13 people are signed up and I could still get a few more! Working to organize my syllabus and print out a hand-out for the class. I'm looking forward to it. I'll let you know how it goes. I also gave a speech to a PEO group here in Des Moines about "Social Justice in the Inner City". It was lots of fun telling a group of "ladies who lunch" and who are generally pretty insulated and spoiled about what's going on in the inner city, and how they're not doing any favors protecting their children form "others" not in their own social or economic class. Suprisingly the speech went over quite well. I am told the ladies are still talking about it weeks later! On the homefront, it is very busy with kids and dogs, horses and the 27 head of cattle we now have down in Decator Co. Ariel auditioned for and was chosen to sing and dance in the touring company of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". All-day rehearsals started Friday, and the show starts Tuesday night. It runs through next Sunday. It's quite an honor for her to be chosen. About 300 kids tried out and they picked 32. It's pretty cool. Work is as intense as ever as they have put in several new systems with more to come as we transfer to a digital broadcast signal and much of our programming is now recorded and played back on a server, instead of from video tape. Welcome to the brave new world! I still have about 85 bin shields sitting in the basement and absolutely MUST MUST MUST get back to my proposal for my book. In the meantime, we're looking at buying another old house/apartment building for eventual restoration. I'm also going to be installing the flooring on the back deck for the porch in the next couple of weeks and next spring I'm going to figure out how to build that darn back porch MYSELF! I've waited for it for 20 years. That's long enough! I know this all sounds a bit nuts, but that's my life. Welcome to it and try to keep up.
urbanpioneer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby MOrocks » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:24 pm

:D There's no keeping up with you, Urbanpioneer, I just have to slog along the best I can at my own pace! I am beginning to see that your current energy and level of involvement are normal for you. Wish I could get an infusion, having such a high level of energy must be wonderful! I got some much needed lapidary (stone cutting/grinding/polishing) equipment, used on eBay, and will be setting it up. Gem show is Oct 23-24 at the Botanical Center; I hope to be shopping there on one or both days. I live for gem shows! Clutter clearing and progress toward goals is going slowly. Maybe just seems that way, maybe I'll start seeing progress soon! :wink: Darlene
MOrocks
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Newbie checking in

Postby Grano5 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:17 pm

Hello Des Moines Success Team members! I am new to Barbara Sher and her materials and new to these boards. It was exciting to find a Des Moines forum so I wrote Kathy and she said it was ok to join you here - yippee! For the longest time I've been thinking about starting a website for helping people in a certain way and having pertinent affiliate links to help defray the cost. On and off I work on the concept and what it should entail but I get stuck in details or get sidetracked with other things. I'm working through Barbara's Wishcraft and it's helping me quite a bit in deciding that this is something I really want to do. Being part of a Success Team sounds like the next logical step. I'm not sure if I have to wait until a new Team is formed, in the mean time, it's nice to meet the first team here on this forum. Thanks for allowing me to be here, Grano5
Grano5
New User
New User

Update, sort of . . .

Postby MOrocks » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:54 am

Welcome Grano5. Wow, it has been a long time since I visited this forum. Hope everyone is doing well. The idea party email got my attention and sparked my curiosity to check on us. I went to New Mexico for a jewelry class from a teacher I admired, that I mentioned in one of my posts. I came back only to play catch up and \"put out fires\" for several weeks. Still trying to get set up and \"operating.\" I didn't get a notification on the last post - hope that feature still works. It would be nice to get the \"gang\" together again. :P Anyone out there? Darlene
MOrocks
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Catch Up

Postby MOrocks » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:10 pm

What a long strange trip its been! Last post 2005! Is anyone still out there? Mother passed Feb 2006. I'm still in Missouri. I went to Quartzsite, AZ and the Tucson mega international gem show Jan/Feb 2007. Need new glasses. Got older. Still travel Des Moines for Mac computer and gem club meetings. Still procrastinating in Stucksville for some reason. Maybe I need a good coach. Updates, anyone?
Darlene Reger "one of a kind jewelry for unique people" MOgems.com
MOrocks
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Informal Success Teams